Tony Stewart's All American Racing

Ye, how many driver named motorsport games have been properly good? Colin McRae Rally, Richard Burns Rally?

Many more ...

620580-johnny-herbert-s-grand-prix-championship-1998-windows-front-cover.jpg

s-l500.jpg

201007-nigel-mansell-s-world-championship-racing-game-boy-front-cover.jpg

Dirt track racing is a really niche market and fans of it will definitely already be aware of it. Makes sense not to spend much on marketing and more elsewhere especially for a budget title.
I think I did not express myself well by using the word "advertisement". Let me show you an example of what I mean:
66b4596303f8b2f094002aa2d1176bf1.png

In the Steam Library page of each game you usually have a small section that shows news about the game in question, or the series it belongs to. If you click on it, it shows a small article. Codemasters does this all the time, I wonder why Monster Games doesn't do it. The term "advertisement" probably isn't the right word to describe this. They just need a community manager to do this stuff for them, and I know they have one. I talked to him several times about the issues I had with the sprint car game. They probably just don't prioritize the Steam market as much as consoles.

The Jarrett/Labonte Stock Car challenge game is the best piece of false advertising I've ever seen. The game itself is great, it's like Toca 3 or something from Codies, but in the US, they labeled it "Stock Cars", but meant Aussie V8s not NASCAR Cup cars. And they got the lesser known sons of two very big time NASCAR drivers to make it seem like a big time NASCAR game. Brilliant. And Shameless.

It would be like having "Hamilton and Hill Formula One Challenge" but its Nicolas Hamilton and Jake Hill in formula one bangers.

Absolutely! I thought the sky was the limit back then, I had no idea we had peaked. Would be so awesome to have an updated version of that game

Oh, that's the truth, brother! That game will be 20 years old soon, I don't think there's been a title since that does everything that game does so well. I had high hopes for the rebooted Heat series, but it's never clicked.

I don't know if you've played DtD lately, but I fired it up recently and played it a bit with a contemporary (i.e. early 2000s) wheel...just my opinion, but it was pretty meh with the wheel. But the gamepad controls? They are the best I've ever played - really. Not sure if the devs were good, lucky, or a bit of both but it just drives so well on a gamepad. It feels like just the right amount of damping/smoothing.

And, of course, that career mode. You really have to grind and be thoughtful about your upgrades (well, unless you play on really easy difficulty!) to make your way up the field over the years. Very plausible upgrades, too...and, best of all, no doofus in a flat brimmed Monster Energy hat telling me to "treat myself to some sick rims, breh!" :laugh:

First previews on Youtube seem positive, the handling having been improved, the cars can be thrown in the corners and countersteering is the way to go out of the curve. I'm waiting for indepth reviews hoping it's going to be interesting. There is a career mode, several categories (not the Sprint cars unfortunately).

Last edited:
This will be pure garbage... quick money grab.

Actually, it's not too bad... Absolutely.

If they stuck to the price range they did for the Sprint Car game, this would've been worthwhile for many, but they didn't. Then to see there's DLC still to come, it basically takes away any fun this title could've generated. Damn shame that..

Worth checking out once it's on sale 50-75% off.

Actually, it's not too bad... Absolutely.

If they stuck to the price range they did for the Sprint Car game, this would've been worthwhile for many, but they didn't. Then to see there's DLC still to come, it basically takes away any fun this title could've generated. Damn shame that..

Worth checking out once it's on sale 50-75% off.

Here in Finland, and on Xbox One(can't even get this or previous Spint Car on PS4), price for this is just same as Sprint Cars was earlier, 29.99€ Lately Sprint cars cheapened to 19,99€ and I bought it month ago or so.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 220 14.2%