Tony Stewart under investigation

Someone who was there and happens to be a driver (Tyler Graves) said the opposite:

http://www.motorsport.com/sprint/ne...their-take-on-tragedy-and-defend-tony-stewart
http://rochester.twcnews.com/conten...-could-not-have-avoided-hitting-other-driver/

Another 2 drivers who happened to be there defend Tony Stewart (#45, which is the car right in front of Tony, and another driver who was a few cars behind Tony). They say it's very possible he saw him in the last moment, and that he could have used the throttle to try and avoid Kevin.

As for facts, there are a couple. Kevin Ward Jr. stood in the middle of the track. Tony Stewart's car hit him and killed him. And that's about it. Those are the only known facts to the public, so far. Even Stewart pushing the throttle is an assumption (a well-founded one, maybe). The rest is speculation.

One thing i know about sprint car's is they lack balance. The power to wight ratio of the cars says you have a lot of power to a small light car.
It takes skill and talent to drive as it slides through the dirt. Like racing on ice.
Its not the control you wold have from on a average road car:ninja:

That's why I said "required facts" and by that I mean the amount of proven facts you need, to judge about someone without leaving any doubts you judged right (hopefully). That's how modern law works.

English is not my native language but I'm sure you get what I mean (if you try). I'm out!

I understand that by trial by law means Tony will be cleard of this if it even makes it to criminal trial due to LACK OF AVAILABLE FACTS, because that's how a court of law works, but my point was that even if you can't prove it, does that mean that Tony should be forgiven due to lack of available facts? I never once accused Tony of intentionally trying to kill Ward, I don't think anyone in their right mind has reached that conclusion, however, Ward to his discredit has a history of doing stupid things on the track when his temper gets the best of him. Are you familiar with all of the nutty things Tony has done over the years? This doesn't lend much credibility to any defense that hitting the throttle was the right thing to do. His best defense is that he couldn't see Ward but one still has to wonder, so why hit the throttle at that exact moment? Its pretty crazy to imagine that was just coincidence. The available facts as they are seem to point to Tony was a hot head trying to teach Ward a lesson for trying to confront him and made a gross error, killing Ward because of it.

I won't even get into the crazyness that Tony was going to race the next day until it seemed to me that media pressure got to him and he backed out due to a proper PR person telling him that was probably a bad idea. I just can't have much respect for Tony knowing that he was willing to race the very next day.

He was not injured but drivers get hot headed. especially on the short tracks, You can loose a lot of ground in the blink of an eye.

Yes, although I think it was incredibly stupid of Ward to walk down the track like that, and I'm sure he would agree if he had lived through it, its not out of the norm and many drivers have done the same thing, Tony himself has even done it more than once.

I see where they convened a 23 person grand jury and cleared Tony of any wrong doing. They used two different videos and used professional accident reconstructionists to piece together a frame by- frame view of the accident. It turns out that he had about 1.3 seconds to see the kid after the car in front of him passed the scene of the wreck.
Sadly , it turned out that Ward was racing impaired ; he had enough THC in his system to impair his judgement ( he was stoned or just coming down from being stoned).
I'm sure there are some whacko Stewart haters that will see a conspiracy in all of this. I never believed he did anything wrong and am glad to see these results.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back