Tons of questions

sorry for my bad english (google translator)

Hi RD,;) I have many questions about gtr2 mods, sorry, but some questions are very noob so know how to understand me, we all go through the same thing sometime:

if you know the answer to some of the questions, but have already answered it, avoid it, it will be faster for those who also have the same questions and it will be faster to find a solution to all questions. (unless it is to clarify something)
These questions are aimed at those who know a lot about gtr2 and especially those who have tried many, many, many mods. If you don't know what mod I mean, don't worry, but don't change the topic.

As I said above, this is so that all "new" in gtr2 (like me. HERE), have answers to your questions, and help you find them fast. That's why I want this to be direct.
And sorry, some questions are very noob so know how to understand me, we all go through the same thing sometime:
here we go:

A -
EEC GT3 MOD,
ADAC GT Masters 2012 for GTR2 (in koelschbierbude)
Blancpain Endurance Series 2012
...They are the same?. Everyone says EEC.

B- what is a "GRID mod" / "SR GRID mod"?

B Bis - what is a "Template"? ... is it a skin?
(WT% $ @ is the "three seashells"? LOL:roflmao:)

C-a little history:
Group C> BPR> GT1> GT> GT3> blancpain .. chronologically is that so?

C Bis- is there any category of international FIA gt, currently?
(not from a single continent or country), but there is none ... What is the category gt "closest" to the international ?. What standard / regulation do they use? (gt1, gt2, gt3 other).
It is very confusing, there are many categories of GT but they do not look like international championships, similar to GT1 (98)

D- I know the mods "Group C" that contain all the "C" for gtr2.
I usually like the GTs of the late 90s: porsche 911, mercedes clk, FULL GT1 ... and the newer ones (aston, lambos, etc).
Is there a mod that contains all ?. (understand, NOT separate cars. complete package)
I am not installing a single car, only full seasons or full pack of cars.

D Bis- WSGT, does it have everything, or is it a part? Do they contain all that, or just a part?

E-Next I will name the mods that I have seen, but I HAVE NOT TESTED, I ask that if someone knows them they tell me if they are worth it or not:

-BPR 1994-1996 Mod v2.4 all BPR cars after group C, and prior to GT1.
-FIA GT 1997 Mod v1.2
-FIA GT3 2007 Mod v1.0
-FIA GT1 2010-2011 Mod v1.0
-FIA GT3 2010 NFSS2 Cars v1.11
-FIA GT3 2011 Mod v1.0
-FIA GT3 Complete Edition v1.2
-World Endurance Series v1.1
-Intercontinental GT Challenge MOD for GTR2 (only in koelschbierbude)

-eSR World Touring Car Series v1.01 (tons of touring car wtcc)
-eSR SCGT GT3-GT1 Edition v1.01
-eSR SGTs Reloaded v2.0

Do you know any?

E bis- what is ALMS? Everyone talks about him, but nobody explains.

Again, I ask that if someone KNOWS me tell me if they are worth it or not. If they are good or not.

F- Finally, if you know of a GT mod, and that it is from the years between the end of the 90s or between 2012 and 2020, or it has many, many GTs, which has not been mentioned and that you recommend you are free to recommend. (answer in F)
no separate cars, gtr2 is not AC.
forget to mention that LMP1 (de le mans) and Roofless Prototypes (radicals) or similar, I do not suggest them as an answer.

Last words, you had the pleasure of enjoying this beautiful game, since its launch. I had to go through many things to understand the great things about this game. Just now I am discovering it.:cry:

and as I said at the beginning sorry, some questions are very noob so know how to understand me, we all go through the same thing sometime.

sorry and thanks.

Google translator

Last edited:
B Bis - what is a "Template"? ... is it a skin?
(WT% $ @ is the "three seashells"? LOL:roflmao:)

A template is a 2D image for easy painting in order to have a "skin" in 3D in game. ... that's the simplest way in order to define it.

You can compare a 3D model to a real complicated spider web .... its parts need to be unwrapped for the creation of this template ( that's what's called mapping ).

A template is mostly made of different layers in one image: this "wireframe" ( the unwrapped UVs ) another layer with "Ambient Occlusions" ( what you may call Shadows ).
This wireframe will allow to recognize the different parts of the model in order to paint or add logos at the right place.

NB: there are surely tools now to paint on a 3D immediately ... but the usual method remains the most used.

A template is a 2D image for easy painting in order to have a "skin" in 3D in game. ... that's the simplest way in order to define it.

You can compare a 3D model to a real complicated spider web .... its parts need to be unwrapped for the creation of this template ( that's what's called mapping ).

A template is mostly made of different layers in one image: this "wireframe" ( the unwrapped UVs ) another layer with "Ambient Occlusions" ( what you may call Shadows ).
This wireframe will allow to recognize the different parts of the model in order to paint or add logos at the right place.

NB: there are surely tools now to paint on a 3D immediately ... but the usual method remains the most used.
many many Thanks. you have clarified a doubt. I understand that it is not just a skin.It is a base for skins
Have a look at ALMS, JGTC, LMRT, NAGP, SCC, SGT, WSGT
ok thanks ... but as I said clearly in question F. only international gts, not national, not prototypes. and have lots of cars, not just seasons.
wsgt i have it

I have updated with a new question

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 13397

A
EEC stand for European Endurance Center, which is a comunity and there Daniel & Uli (with many others) created the base GT3 mod which is used widely in GTR2 & AMS & rF

so it means the mods using the base cars from EEC (model / physics) aplying there skins

B
GRID mod is a car pack, which used 3d models from the game GRID, which for whatever reason had nearly all cars used in Lemans (LMP1,LMP2 & GT) at a certain year and there were converted to GTR2 and others

B+
Template is a graphic file used to make creating skins easy

C

C+
a lot of GT3, like Blancpain
several GT4,

but probably thats not what you meant

D
you should look for this not at RD, as most of the models are converted and not allowed here
there is a Collection mod for GTR2 and an Ultimate mod for rf1 (but those are only GT3)

i think a pack with everything is something not possible, because of many reasons

there is a Absolute LeMans mod which tries to offer all cars raced at LeMans, but stops in the 80

D+
what do you mean everything
it has its time range

E
i dont want to offend you, but what do you expect,
you dont pay a cent for this stuff

E+
ALMS
American LeMans

F
see D

First, thanks for your time and for answering.
here is a Collection mod for GTR2
I guess it's the "collection mod 2000-2009"
D+
what do you mean everything
it has its time range
(wsgt) asked if they have a whole car season, or just one selection. I've seen mods that bring 1 or 2 GT1 cars (98) but not all of that time.
E
i dont want to offend you, but what do you expect,
you dont pay a cent for this stuff
I don't try to offend anyone. I apologize if that happened.
The 2005 GTR233 mod is excellent. 10/10.
I wasn't talking about the mod; I talked about the real years of GT, as an opinion, I would prefer the old ones (C, late 90s, and the current ones).
F1 2014, I don't mean the game, I mean the real season.

I'll take that part off, I'll edit the question

• Deleted member 13397

for its time, WSGT was one of the best mods, so you should try it
there were rumors, WSGT2 would become a game of its own

here you have some info about WSGT

more starter info you will find here

Someone here, please, know if the Mod DRM revival 2.0B, has the famous engine break (blow engine) or is "fixed". In rfactor this is mentioned. As DRM Revival GTR2 is not widely used, I was wondering if the conversion is the same or not.

(rfactor) engine break at the end of the video

• Deleted member 13397

if not, you can always fix it on your own,
lower the rev limit or increase engine life parameter

that the nice thing about ISI based games (rf1,GTL,GTR,R07,SHIFT)
you can easily MOD the stuff

... update, what happened.

After trying several GT car mods (car packages), I can give my opinion:

Forgive my ignorance, I guess these mods already know them, I just discovered them

Group C IMSA GTP 1983-1993 Mod for GTR2 Conversion and revised by Merlin75
For me, the best mod. Bring all seasons and cars. nothing more to say.
It was the first to test, and the most complete of all (it has 47 cars Group C !! .... yes, 47 cars: the PEUGEOT 905 EVO 1 BIS has it hidden only in the category "le mans 24hs")
Even though they look old, it doesn't bother me, my potato pc is a toaster. and I guess the physics are not the best, but it keeps me all the time in TENSION,:confused: the feeling that you can lose control, too much power. but the sound ... guuau! the sound is spectacular when you go to 360km / H (jag, sauber c9)
I just need to try them in the Le Mans 20 laps, with dynamic day.
it shows that it is made with a lot of love, I have not seen any bug or failure, it does not disappoint.

DRM revival.
what to say ... I tried it and the sound of the turbo still has it in my head. It is much harder to handle than the "C". I was really sweating when driving them, I had to use adjustments to just be comfortable with the driving (m1 procar). other games would be envying the sound,:confused: I have no way to express it.
They are few cars, but they are worth every second.
I only saw a single bug, "transparent wheels", but it is only in the box.
Strange fact: the audio folders match / overwrite part of the audio of the group C mod (the audio folder goes from "gruppec" to "GRUPPEC", they have to be in capital letters) I hope this works for someone.

ADAC GT Masters 2012 v2.3 Blancpain Endurance Series 2012 v1.2
This package brings ALL the GT3 of 2012. Without needing to install EEC GT3 Base Mod, it is independent.
ADAC is first installed, and then Blancpain.
I don't know if his physics are real, but his handling is good. The sound too.
It is somewhat problematic on my PC, ctd with AI very rarely, or by skipping a practice session or qualy.
but the biggest problem is the FPS, they fall 30-60 due to the models. Because of my potato pc. They are quite detailed.

With these mods I already forgot the loss of PC2, dirt rally ... etc.:cool: My intention was to have a sim that has the characteristics of PC2, many gts, long runs and day and dynamic weather.
It is incredible that a 14-year-old game has the same characteristics as the most current ones. and with mods !!!!:roflmao:

Speaking of the mods, I have tried some that are in the list above (very high, question E), of those only BPR 1994-1996 and eSR SCGT GT3-GT1 Edition v1.01 are decent (for me), the BPR has old models, and the eSR SCGT has a good collection of modern and detailed gt1.
FOR MY WSGT, and all the "fia gt" mods mentioned in THAT list were not good (sorry for the creators, their mods are good, but it's not what I'm looking for)

I reiterate my request: PLEASE, if anyone knows of a better mod than I am not aware of, please comment, and explain what it contains.
(no GTs 1997-2010, no regional, no lmp,)

part 2
THESE ARE THE TRACKS / CIRCUITS I have in the game:

ALL virtua-LM tracks / circuits
algarve-portimao portugal
bahrain-sakhir (by raceM)
brands hatch UK
mid-ohio (virtua-lm and "neel jani")
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca by COM8 (in koelschbierbude)
Mount Panorama (Bathurst. 2010.v1.0.GTR2)
Nordschleife 07 by derDumeklemmer
Nuerburgring.2005.v3.0.GTR2
Oulton Park 90s
Paul Ricard HTTT
Road.America.ALMS.2008.v1.1
Rockingham_GTR2_V3_2 (oval and road)
Silverstone.2007.v1.01.GTR2 (only with night illumination .... I think so)
sportsland Sugo_GTR2_V3_1
Suzuka.2012.v1.01.GTR2 (unique with night illumination .... I think so)
Watkins_GTR2_v1.0
Zandvoort. 2017.v1.1.GTR2
Zolder. 2016.v1.0.GTR2

Why aren't Barcelona, Donington, Estoril, Hockenheim, Imola, Magny Course, Monza, Spa ... etc?
because they are already included in the game;)

and now the second most important request:
If anyone knows of a VERY recommended track / circuit that I am not aware of, or of a circuit that I mentioned but of an even better version, please comment. (with preference to those with night lighting).

I ask the readers for forgiveness and patience, I ask these questions to recover lost time. You have spent years enjoying this wonderful game. They would help me a lot to find out fast.

thx

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back