Tonight's race at Spa postponed

Guess it was a bit too early to thank us just yet.

We have found the culprit which we will block from entering the database tomorrow. Unfortunately the crew has gone home for the day.

In the meantime, unfortunately the lobby server will not be available.

Please accept out sincere apologies and again, thank you for your patience.
source: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/race-07-mp-lobby-crash-issue.74053/#post-1513532

This leaves us with no option but to postpone. The most obvious solution would be to move the race to next Wednesday and leave the rest of the calendar intact, but if anyone have any better ideas that will give us a better filled grid I'm all ears :)

Spa - 11th of September
Monza - 18th September
Singapore - 25th September
Hungaroring - 9th October
Suzuka - 16th October
Imola - 30th October
Abu Dhabi - 14th November
Watkins Glen - 28th November
Interlagos - 4th December
A1 Ring - 11th/18th December

i like dinos way of thinking here so can i propose this alternative calender?

Spa - 11th of September
Monza - 25th September
Singapore - 9th October
Hungaroring - 23rd October
Suzuka - 6th November
Imola - 20th November
Abu Dhabi - 4th December
Watkins Glen - 18th December
Interlagos - 8th January
A1 Ring - 22nd January

how does that sound for everyone?

Extra bad for me :( as I knew Spa was going to be a race I would manage to make. Fingers crossed I get to have at least 1 race this season :thumbsup:
Im cool with any changes you guys decide :cool:

Just don't let simbin choose they will tell u later lol prob getting it wrong and also tell them don't bother messing with a 6 year old game its worked ok for years, I blame there stupid file movements anyway it makes sense.

I don't mind what dates that we run personally. I feel sorry for Sean I hope that you do race again this season even tho I'm slower than you lol I don't mind if we move the spa race till the end of the season would be cool to have it mid season :)

I'm fine with any calendar. So I won't throw in extra wishes. ;)

The only time I'll be away for one week holiday this year will be next week. :(

But it's just fair that I miss one race as many others do also, so it should equalize during the season. Just sad that it hits me on a possible wet Spa :cry:

Last edited:
Me too Anthony. The sad thing is it was solved when I went to bed.

I'm going back to bed. Sadly I'm away next week. Obviously I understand if that's the simplest option for everyone else.

Last edited:
This is a joke. Since I began playing Race07 I always had nVidia freeze sometimes (4-5 seconds hang with black screen), although not too much in our races. Steam destroyed everything thrice. And it's not the first time we have lobby issue (or game update just before the race). I hope the rest of the season will be fine, and that we'll move to another platform next season.

CU next wednesday. In the meantime, tonight, I'll try taming a Formula ISI beast...

As far as I understand it, it is some kind of hacker attack by making the lobby crash somehow. So we can't blame the game itself but the idiots who harmed us on purpose. Or would we blame Simbin for a wrecker too?

Edit:
The most I feel with our glorious Aussies. We just weren't able to play our game but they took away some worthy time from their night sleep. :unsure:

Last edited:
People might feel better if we just say the weather forecast underestimated the chance of rain and SPA suffered torrential rains causing massive flooding on the track and the race had to be postponed.

Indeed:)

Eau Rouge turned into a big mud pit, so we all had a ride round on Andy P's dirt bike and then went to the pub where a beer festival & bbq had been laid on especially for us:cool:

Sounds much better than a server issue:geek:

:D

This is a joke. Since I began playing Race07 I always had nVidia freeze sometimes (4-5 seconds hang with black screen), although not too much in our races. Steam destroyed everything thrice. And it's not the first time we have lobby issue (or game update just before the race). I hope the rest of the season will be fine, and that we'll move to another platform next season.

CU next wednesday. In the meantime, tonight, I'll try taming a Formula ISI beast...

It's not (entirely) SimBin or Steams fault. It's an old exploit, it's been just hoped it'll never be discovered by the worst trolls.. But that happened and now... could be that we have to wait for a patch (filter incoming server names and discard faulty ones..). The problem is pretty deep so it'll be that kind of bugfix, bandage rather than a real fix. It could be even that all they can do fast is to disable auto refresh when opening server list.. Or central server could possibly get a filter. Or.. There are options but 6 year old game ain't the first in the list, otherwise there would be someone clocking overtime monitoring the situation..

But platform change is now the only way forward... rF2 is far from finished, imho plus it is not optimized properly, a lot of people would need to upgrade gear, not just PC but wheels too (i know i would have to). Let's open the discussion, i'll make a thread, it could be stickied since we got only one season to make a decision.

Last edited:
I think we should have a quick vote among the various calendar alternatives. Perhaps we also should consider an alternative where we move Spa another week ahead if that means higher attendance? And cutting one track out of the calendar is also an alternativ. But I am not opposed to having last race(s) in January either.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 210 14.3%