Tomorrow (31/1) Offers Last Chance for Free rF2 Steam Migration

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Steam.jpg

Owners of rFactor 2 have just one more day to transfer their copy of the game to the Steam Network for free, as new developers Studio 397 will no-longer be supporting non-Steam builds with future updates from January 31st onwards.

If you have a copy of rFactor 2 purchased from the traditional non-steam download at the Image Space Incorporated website, you have until tomorrow (31/1) to ensure you transfer your licence to run the game on the Steam platform. From January 31st Studio 397 will no-longer support non Steam versions of the title, so new build updates and content releases will not be compatible with copies of the game not running through Steam,

Of course with the recent move to abolish the need to purchase online access passes, all copies of rFactor 2 transferred to Steam will have access to the online functionality of the title by default without the need for any additional action to be undertaken on the part of the user.

To help support with the move over to Steam, Image Space Incorporated have released the below FAQ guide to help with the transfer process.

Remember you have until tomorrow to get this actioned, so if you are still to move over to Steam please act soon or lose the opportunity to transfer for no additional cost.

How can I transfer my rF2 purchase to Steam?
You absolutely should move to Steam because it is the only place to get new updates and content. Also, multiplayer is now free on steam, so you don’t have to worry about losing subscription time.

Use this form. Your rFactor 2 Steam Key will be emailed to you. Then use the key like this.

Please note the following points before proceeding:
– NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED AFTER RECEIVING A STEAM KEY.
– YOUR NON-STEAM RFACTOR 2 LICENSE WILL BECOME INVALID.

NOTE: Some email providers do block our emails. Contact us if you cannot find the email within a few hours.

How to Update rFactor 2
We will not be updating the non-Steam version of rFactor 2 again. You should move to Steam if you want to receive the latest updates and new content.

How can I contact ISI for support?
If you do not wish to ask for help in the rF2 forums, you can contact us or Studio 397 directly via our support email.

How do I renew my online access?
Renewals no longer exist. Online subscriptions are now included and free for multiplayer.

Can I upgrade from standard to lifetime?
We are no longer offering upgrades as multiplayer does not require a subscription anymore.

rF2 Steam 1.jpg
rF2 Steam 2.jpg
rF2 Steam 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is a PC racing simulation currently available on the Steam network. Make sure to transfer your copy to Steam for free before the deadline closes 31.1.17.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have some lively community created threads in which you can engage and of course we post all the latest news items for this game. In our rFactor 2 sub forum you will find a dedicated section for game mods, where you can download new cars, tracks, liveries and setups to improve your rFactor 2 experience. If online racing is more your thing, check out our rFactor 2 Club and League Racing forum, where we host regular racing events and leagues for our Premium members to participate.

Have you already converted to Steam? How is rFactor 2 performing for you post Studio 397 taking over development? Looking forward to the upcoming new builds? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I got an e-mail telling me I might not have migrated the game to Steam. I have two legal copies of the game on two different computers. They are both on Steam. I'm a little confused because as far as I can tell, they are both o.k.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back