Resource icon

Toggleable Autorace + Chase Cam + Better Race Graphics (alpha) 1.2a1

Login or Register an account to download this content
azilvl submitted a new resource:

Toggleable Autorace - minimize micromanagement by giving your car's control to the AI and take it back whenever you want

basically, if you put the speed on 'x12' the AI controls your cars. this way you'll be able to gain your control back by simply changing the speed whenever AI gets stupid and things go wrong.

I had to sacrifice normal speed in order to make room for two 'x12's. one controlled by the AI, and one controlled by the player. so basically things are like this now:
mmm.png
the zip file contains a second version of the mod for those who don't...

Read more about this resource...

WOW! this is great news, especially after you were able to add the 2 buttons.

This is something that would go perfectly with my True Endurance mod. Micromanaging your drivers for 6-24 hours is extremely tedious. Being able to turn it on and off during a race would make things a bit more realistic in that you can let them run their race, but then if you want them to save tires or push to catch the next car you can "tell" them to do that, then go back to letting them run their own race

Wow just wow great work on this mod lovin the buttons I know its a bit cheeky to ask this but any chance you could add Perfect setup to it as well, as well my skills at merging code sadly lacking.

Hey, great mod. Thanks! If i had one possible suggestion, would it be possible to make a separate button to toggle each driver individually? I like to control driver 1 and would love to be able to set just driver 2 to auto. Thanks again!

Hey, great mod. Thanks! If i had one possible suggestion, would it be possible to make a separate button to toggle each driver individually? I like to control driver 1 and would love to be able to set just driver 2 to auto. Thanks again!
it would be a lot of modifications but it should be possible. I'm working on something else right now but after that, I'll push an update

azilvl updated Toggleable Autorace with a new update entry:

Toggleable Autorace + Chase Cam

• separated the two driver's control
  • fixed an issue where one of the buttons kept losing its state at the beginning of each session
on top of this, you can now toggle the game's camera to chase cam by pressing 'C' on your keyboard.
cha.png

• Has animated transition when going to and out of chase cam and when changing the targeted driver.
  • doesn't prevent you from rotating the camera, instead it lets you look at whatever you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Wow, i mean just wow!!! You are the man!!! For me the separate driver controls is indeed a game changer, but now you toss in a chase cam?!?! Fantastic work!

For anyone else, it looks like there is also a "perfect setup" version included in the download as well.
Nice keeping them separate :)

Just ran a race seems to be working great.
Love the chase cam, but haha, one more suggestion.
Would it be possible to add a second button for a chase cam that uses the default zoom levels?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Wow, i mean just wow!!! You are the man!!! For me the separate driver controls is indeed a game changer, but now you toss in a chase cam?!?! Fantastic work!

For anyone else, it looks like there is also a "perfect setup" version included in the download as well.
Nice keeping them separate :)

Just ran a race seems to be working great.
Love the chase cam, but haha, one more suggestion.
Would it be possible to add a second button for a chase cam that uses the default zoom levels?

Thanks again!
Thank you fam appreciate the support
have you tried to turn on expanded camera in video settings? it still doesn't reach default zoom levels but gives you a little bit more zoom range to work with

Thank you fam appreciate the support
have you tried to turn on expanded camera in video settings? it still doesn't reach default zoom levels but gives you a little bit more zoom range to work with
Ya, I have that on. Like you said, it does pan back a little more, I was just wondering if it was possible to have the original cam locked from behind.
Its all good. Loving it, for a game not meant to be viewed from this angle, it works better then I expected. I am having great fun with it during qualifying already :)
Thanks!!!

Ya, I have that on. Like you said, it does pan back a little more, I was just wondering if it was possible to have the original cam locked from behind.
Its all good. Loving it, for a game not meant to be viewed from this angle, it works better then I expected. I am having great fun with it during qualifying already :)
Thanks!!!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nn6szqurw4z2x46/Expanded+Camera+Has+Default+Zoom+Levels.zip
in this version when you turn expanded camera on you get default expanded camera zoom levels
Edit: this edit made some issues, I fixed some of them but some of them are still there. workaround for now is when you see things go wrong simply double tap 'C'

Last edited:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nn6szqurw4z2x46/Expanded+Camera+Has+Default+Zoom+Levels.zip
in this version when you turn expanded camera on you get default expanded camera zoom levels
Edit: this edit made some issues, I fixed some of them but some of them are still there. workaround for now is when you see things go wrong simply double tap 'C'

Wow, again great stuff. For this version (sorry for being a pest :) ), clipping will be an issue, but since the view is farther back now, can you lock the angle so it is pointing down more by default? That would really help with clipping buildings from behind!

And sorry again, but could you do one without the perfect setup stuff :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
OMG. Absolutely amazingly fantastic work. Truly, this entire mod should have been in the game originally. People say that about mods all the time, but seriously, this is perfect for this style of game. I will use this "normal zoom" version probably more often, but I do like the close down version as well and will probably use that sometimes depending on my mood.
Thank you soo much for your time, effort and sharing this. It is definitely appreciated!

Hello! First of all, fantastic mod. I love playing this game, but micro managing my racers beyond pit stops was always such a drag for me, so this mod is a huge help.

I did notice one thing with it when I used it. I installed this mod after the first race of the first season, as predator racing. William Evans crashed and got hurt in that first race, so I used the back up driver for the race. However, while I was in the race, the auto drive worked fine for Santa Ana but didn't seem to work at all for the back up driver (Linares). Is this a bug?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 89 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 127 13.7%