Todt Backs Indian ePrix

Indian ePrix.jpg
FIA president Jean Todt has told journalists in India he’s keen to host an ePrix in the country.

Commenting at the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India Awards Function, where he was the chief guest, Todt said it’s a shame there is little international racing in the country, but it’s not up to the FIA to decide new race locatins.

If it were down to him, it appears he’d be pushing for an Indian city on the next Formula E calendar.

“I also hope that sooner or later India can host a big city Formula E race,” he said. “You have a strong Indian team who is Mahindra. So, all been waiting to be able to host one Formula E race in your cities.”

Mahindra have been pushing for a home ePrix, even launching a competition for fans to design their own circuits. With air pollution in Delhi the worst of any major city in the world (WHO, 2015), Formula E would be sending the same message of sustainability and clean energy it made when heading to Beijing in seasons one and two, but there is currently no ePrix planned.

For more Formula E news and discussions head over to the RaceDepartment Formula E sub forum and join in with your fellow community members.

Where would you like to see Formula E head to next? Do you think India would be the right place for a Formula E event? Let us know in the comments below!

I'll give it 15 minutes until Narain Karthikeyan pops up trying to use this a leverage for a drive with someone :roflmao:
To be honest, I think he has realized that he is completely useless. Last week he finished behind drivers less than half his age in an F4 equivalent race at Buddh. Chandhok or perhaps some of India's young drivers can use this as a good opportunity though.

Chandhok or perhaps some of India's young drivers

I agree mate. Also I actually really like Chandhok and he comes across as a very knowledgeable and polite bloke. I think it's a shame he's not had a more high profile career than he's had to date.

I still struggle to see past those eyebrows when he talks though...
upload_2017-2-5_0-23-9.png

That's serious face furniture :)

I agree mate. Also I actually really like Chandhok and he comes across as a very knowledgeable and polite bloke. I think it's a shame he's not had a more high profile career than he's had to date.

I still struggle to see past those eyebrows when he talks though...
View attachment 171309

That's serious face furniture :)
Holy moly I don't know how I missed that! Personally I don't rate him that highly, I think benefited from the fact that his dad basically controls all of motorsport in India.

Chandhok's Formula E career didn't go great... He took two points finishes, though, so not entirely bad. But he probably also won an award for the most number of spins in season one... But yeah, he's a nice enough guy.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back