Todays Update 20/10/15

20-10-2015

Due to car physics changes, it is advised to reset Car Setups and Steering Settings to their default values.

Due to the downshift prevention implementation we have cleared all the leaderboards.

Game:

• Added new content that will be released very soon.
  • Downshift prevention logic implemented. Sequential gearbox will refuse to downshift if revs are going to end up above the limiter. H-Pattern gearbox will try and engage the gear and fail until revs are lower.
  • Tyres of the DTM 2015 cars will pick up Dirt & Gravel when driving off-track, reducing grip on the affected tyres until they’re clean again. Game will play a sound effect of pebbles hitting the car body that will reduce as tyres become clean again.
  • Added new things in Shared Memory block. Check our forum for details and link to updated github rep.
  • Removed exclusivity of certain Experiences. All content is now accessible and usable in the main R3E.
  • Added a new argument “-disableReplay” that can be added in Launch options on steam to disable replay recording.
  • Fixed an issue where you start in the wrong car when number of cars is more than the visible cars set in options.
  • Fixed an issue with not being able to select each car when number of cars is more than the visible cars set in options.
  • Improved random grid position so it’s now really random.
  • Implemented a new shadow system that improves performance and visuals.
  • Fixed an issue with time left where it was returning the session duration if the session hadn’t started yet.
  • Fixed an issue with drivetrain wobbling out of control when in Novice or when TC is 100%
  • Fixed so the shifts without clutch in semiautomatic transmissions are damage free.
  • Fixed an issue in audio where the coast backfire sound wasn’t stopping in some cases.
  • Fixed an issue with cars behaving jerky in novice mode by smoothening the brake and throttle changes when brake assist is applied.
  • Fixed an issue with the TV cameras where you could see a couple of seconds of a wrong one.when switching to TV Cam.
  • Allowed use of handbrake regardless of track being hillclimb or not
  • Various HUD tweaks on areas where text would often not fit the given frame/field.
  • Optimized motion blur
  • Made changes how frequency and damping are affected by gear ratios, to increase oscillation effect in higher gears
  • Removed oscillation from differential distribution on driven wheels, to normalize torque output a bit
  • Added an option to load opponent cockpits (Video/Custom Settings)
  • Reverted a drivetrain tweak that was done to differential torque
  • Fixed an issue where the order on the left hand side of position bar was reversed.
  • Fixed an issue where the shortened names were being used despite having enough space for it in the position bar.
  • Tweaked G25 & G27 FFB values in default profiles.
  • Fixed DRS animation not working after rewinding in replays.
  • Fixed game video playback issues that were causing the experience menus to get slow and sluggish after a while.
  • Fixed an issue where the players could not resume their lap if they opened the pause menu after session timer reached 0.

Multiplayer

• Added full name, total time, finish status and lap information such as time, position and pit stop status to race result logs.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred to everyone in the race if one of the participants had a name longer than 32 characters which was exceeding the buffer and causing issues in replay creation.
  • Fixed an issue with players not seeing each other outside of P2P zone.
  • Fixed mp dedi front end not loading properly on Internet Explorer.

Audio & Physics & AI & Camera

Aquila CR 1 Sports GT

• Physics update, now mounted with a 4.0L V8 BMW M60 engine

Silhouette Class

• Physics update, now have actual Silhouette specs
  • Canhard R51: 3.5L V6 normally aspirated (New sound!)
  • Canhard R52: 2.5L Inline-5 Turbo charged
  • Cougar C14-1: 1.8L Inline-4 Turbo charged
  • Cougar C14-2: 3.0L V6 Turbo charged

BMW M1 Procar

• Massive physics update
GTR3 Class:

• Massive physics update

AUDI 90 QUATTRO:

• External sounds improved and pitch note increased

Hockenheim:

• Merged cut rules between amateur, novice and get real
  • Tuned AI speed for latest code changes
  • Fixed bad AI behaviour in the exit of hairpin

Norisring:

• Tweaked AI logic to limit wall-hitting behavior

A selection of cars have received additional onboard cameras (accessible with HOME key)

Art

Tracks:

• Zolder: reduced bumps
  • Hockenheimring:
Curbs tweaked and adjusted (they were way too high)

Gravel texture update

Ravenol is now the sponsor on the oil bottle on pitbuilding

Fixed some fences clipping into ground

Fixed missing collisions with fence between T12-13 and also at entry of pitlane

• Spa-Francorchamps:
Removed unsafe escape road in the middle of the Raidillon

Adjusted and added some missing road entries/runoffs and some green curbs.

Tweaked height of some curbs.

Added marshals at pit entry

Tweaked blend stripes.

Various bug fixes and changes

• Paul Ricard:
Some performance boost by fixing the 2d audience that was casting shadows and optimizing some meshes. Also fixed some steel fence collisions

• Moscow: Performance optimization

Cars:

• Silhouette class: New colors
  • Mercedes C63 DTM 2015: Added Dekra sticker on side rear windows
  • Corvette Greenwood: Fixes to visual damage model
  • Nissan Silvia: Fixed visuals for front brake calipers
  • Audi V8 DTM: Fixed tail lights
  • Volvo 240: Filled some hole in cockpit
  • BMW 635 CSI: Hip replacement for the driver so his feet don't clip through the floor
  • Citroen C Elysee 2014: Side mirrors UV’s were not straight

Portal & Backend

• Default livery is no longer forced upon purchase. Player can now choose a livery to go with the car.
  • Cleared all the leaderboard due to physics changes and downshift prevention implementation.
  • Removed season passes from portal and the checks associated with them.
  • Removed Pixlr screenshot editing tool.
  • Changed so that all the external URL’s are opened externally (new tab in a browser, steam browser in game).
  • Shortened the registration form by removing some fields.
  • Various fixes to the championship in portal.
  • Fixed a small exploit that allowed players to use an unpurchased car after leaving test drive.
  • Fixed user not getting redirected from the experience after a competition, if he/she did not own the experience.
  • Fixed horizontal scrollbar appearing on purchase popups.
  • Added subcategories in cart.
  • Tidied up purchased content page.

Gearing ratio still cant be adjusted for gtr3, procar and canhard. Do somebody notice such problem like me?
I think I've read somewhere that you can only adjust gearing ratio on cars that allow this IRL, there might be regulations or just car limitations that prohibit you from adjusting these.

Edit: Nvm, the Procar at least should have adjustable ratios.

Last edited:
One other thing though.
Not sure whether this is due to changes in the AI or the AI being incapable of running with the new physics, but they're really slacking off at present. :D
Ran a warm-up for tomorrows club-race, so 30 minute race, WTCC at Hockenheim National, 100% AI, 20 car grid and I started last (since the qualifying is nerfed at present).
And not only did I win, I won by 13 seconds and the last 6 laps were victory-rounds all alone in the lead.
Which is....utterly unheard of.

Anyone who's ever seen me race will tell you that I'm not particularly fast.
Until now I've struggled to keep up with (let alone win over) 95% AI, and now I'm suddenly blitzing through the pack.
Granted, it could of course be that I've suddenly become a much better racer, but as enticing as that idea is, it does seem a little unlikely. :D

One other thing though.
Not sure whether this is due to changes in the AI or the AI being incapable of running with the new physics, but they're really slacking off at present. :D
Ran a warm-up for tomorrows club-race, so 30 minute race, WTCC at Hockenheim National, 100% AI, 20 car grid and I started last (since the qualifying is nerfed at present).
And not only did I win, I won by 13 seconds and the last 6 laps were victory-rounds all alone in the lead.
Which is....utterly unheard of.

Anyone who's ever seen me race will tell you that I'm not particularly fast.
Until now I've struggled to keep up with (let alone win over) 95% AI, and now I'm suddenly blitzing through the pack.
Granted, it could of course be that I've suddenly become a much better racer, but as enticing as that idea is, it does seem a little unlikely. :D
Oh boy, I've gotta try this out tommorrow I could win a race :sneaky:

I believe all the cars have new default setups, so that could explain why some of the cars feel somewhat better.
There's no setup changes in the world that can break the laws of physics and this floaty handling could only be achieved by complete loss of traction which on the other hand would mean that there's absolutely no grip and we should slide off the track in every corner.

It's really weird but my knowledge of physics and car mechanics are too limited to come up with something else than "It's broken in it's basics but i don't know what".

I really don't think drivers look at it in the same light.They know whats real why would they even contemplate a pc game can come close. THey have fun and as long as its semi realistic they get into it. Maybe a lot us should adopt that approach.!

There's no setup changes in the world that can break the laws of physics and this floaty handling could only be achieved by complete loss of traction which on the other hand would mean that there's absolutely no grip and we should slide off the track in every corner.

I never felt the floaty feeling was due to loss of traction, but more due to feeling like the cars had the suspension of a 1984 Buick that would really lean in turns and be slow to respond to inputs. That's what makes them feel like a boat to me, I turn the wheel and then there's some delay before the car actually responds and then it's slow to respond instead of being pointy and quick like a race car should be.

Bruno Spangler and Daniel Juncadella: This feels great, very much like my real racecar.
Random "pro" simracer: It's too floaty, the game is broken!

Bruno and Daniel only said that about the newly updated DTM cars, and so far I have not heard any sim racers claim that the new DTM cars feel floaty (most say they feel great). I'm not sure why you don't feel the floaty feeling that some of us do, and I'm for sure envious of you for that. But I can assure you it is there on my system (on two different wheels) and feels very wrong. My other sims feel planted and stable but R3E feels like I'm hydroplaning all the time and that my inputs happen in slow motion, it's rather unpleasant.

I never felt the floaty feeling was due to loss of traction, but more due to feeling like the cars had the suspension of a 1984 Buick that would really lean in turns and be slow to respond to inputs. That's what makes them feel like a boat to me, I turn the wheel and then there's some delay before the car actually responds and then it's slow to respond instead of being pointy and quick like a race car should be.
Really interesting.
No, my cars behaved (and the DTM13 still do) as if on ice.
I would turn the wheel and the car would instantly swing in that direction. No matter if there's load on the tires or not.

Really interesting.
No, my cars behaved (and the DTM13 still do) as if on ice.
I would turn the wheel and the car would instantly swing in that direction. No matter if there's load on the tires or not.

Mine feels more like driving on an air hockey table. With some cars I can dial a lot of it out by turning off all the canned/damper/spring/friction effects, editing the controller text file, and tinkering with the steering lock/rotation, but it's always there to some extent. I'm not able to test the updated cars at the moment but I look forward to it and hope they finally feel more planted and stable.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%