Todays Update 20/10/15

20-10-2015

Due to car physics changes, it is advised to reset Car Setups and Steering Settings to their default values.

Due to the downshift prevention implementation we have cleared all the leaderboards.

Game:

• Added new content that will be released very soon.
  • Downshift prevention logic implemented. Sequential gearbox will refuse to downshift if revs are going to end up above the limiter. H-Pattern gearbox will try and engage the gear and fail until revs are lower.
  • Tyres of the DTM 2015 cars will pick up Dirt & Gravel when driving off-track, reducing grip on the affected tyres until they’re clean again. Game will play a sound effect of pebbles hitting the car body that will reduce as tyres become clean again.
  • Added new things in Shared Memory block. Check our forum for details and link to updated github rep.
  • Removed exclusivity of certain Experiences. All content is now accessible and usable in the main R3E.
  • Added a new argument “-disableReplay” that can be added in Launch options on steam to disable replay recording.
  • Fixed an issue where you start in the wrong car when number of cars is more than the visible cars set in options.
  • Fixed an issue with not being able to select each car when number of cars is more than the visible cars set in options.
  • Improved random grid position so it’s now really random.
  • Implemented a new shadow system that improves performance and visuals.
  • Fixed an issue with time left where it was returning the session duration if the session hadn’t started yet.
  • Fixed an issue with drivetrain wobbling out of control when in Novice or when TC is 100%
  • Fixed so the shifts without clutch in semiautomatic transmissions are damage free.
  • Fixed an issue in audio where the coast backfire sound wasn’t stopping in some cases.
  • Fixed an issue with cars behaving jerky in novice mode by smoothening the brake and throttle changes when brake assist is applied.
  • Fixed an issue with the TV cameras where you could see a couple of seconds of a wrong one.when switching to TV Cam.
  • Allowed use of handbrake regardless of track being hillclimb or not
  • Various HUD tweaks on areas where text would often not fit the given frame/field.
  • Optimized motion blur
  • Made changes how frequency and damping are affected by gear ratios, to increase oscillation effect in higher gears
  • Removed oscillation from differential distribution on driven wheels, to normalize torque output a bit
  • Added an option to load opponent cockpits (Video/Custom Settings)
  • Reverted a drivetrain tweak that was done to differential torque
  • Fixed an issue where the order on the left hand side of position bar was reversed.
  • Fixed an issue where the shortened names were being used despite having enough space for it in the position bar.
  • Tweaked G25 & G27 FFB values in default profiles.
  • Fixed DRS animation not working after rewinding in replays.
  • Fixed game video playback issues that were causing the experience menus to get slow and sluggish after a while.
  • Fixed an issue where the players could not resume their lap if they opened the pause menu after session timer reached 0.

Multiplayer

• Added full name, total time, finish status and lap information such as time, position and pit stop status to race result logs.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred to everyone in the race if one of the participants had a name longer than 32 characters which was exceeding the buffer and causing issues in replay creation.
  • Fixed an issue with players not seeing each other outside of P2P zone.
  • Fixed mp dedi front end not loading properly on Internet Explorer.

Audio & Physics & AI & Camera

Aquila CR 1 Sports GT

• Physics update, now mounted with a 4.0L V8 BMW M60 engine

Silhouette Class

• Physics update, now have actual Silhouette specs
  • Canhard R51: 3.5L V6 normally aspirated (New sound!)
  • Canhard R52: 2.5L Inline-5 Turbo charged
  • Cougar C14-1: 1.8L Inline-4 Turbo charged
  • Cougar C14-2: 3.0L V6 Turbo charged

BMW M1 Procar

• Massive physics update
GTR3 Class:

• Massive physics update

AUDI 90 QUATTRO:

• External sounds improved and pitch note increased

Hockenheim:

• Merged cut rules between amateur, novice and get real
  • Tuned AI speed for latest code changes
  • Fixed bad AI behaviour in the exit of hairpin

Norisring:

• Tweaked AI logic to limit wall-hitting behavior

A selection of cars have received additional onboard cameras (accessible with HOME key)

Art

Tracks:

• Zolder: reduced bumps
  • Hockenheimring:
Curbs tweaked and adjusted (they were way too high)

Gravel texture update

Ravenol is now the sponsor on the oil bottle on pitbuilding

Fixed some fences clipping into ground

Fixed missing collisions with fence between T12-13 and also at entry of pitlane

• Spa-Francorchamps:
Removed unsafe escape road in the middle of the Raidillon

Adjusted and added some missing road entries/runoffs and some green curbs.

Tweaked height of some curbs.

Added marshals at pit entry

Tweaked blend stripes.

Various bug fixes and changes

• Paul Ricard:
Some performance boost by fixing the 2d audience that was casting shadows and optimizing some meshes. Also fixed some steel fence collisions

• Moscow: Performance optimization

Cars:

• Silhouette class: New colors
  • Mercedes C63 DTM 2015: Added Dekra sticker on side rear windows
  • Corvette Greenwood: Fixes to visual damage model
  • Nissan Silvia: Fixed visuals for front brake calipers
  • Audi V8 DTM: Fixed tail lights
  • Volvo 240: Filled some hole in cockpit
  • BMW 635 CSI: Hip replacement for the driver so his feet don't clip through the floor
  • Citroen C Elysee 2014: Side mirrors UV’s were not straight

Portal & Backend

• Default livery is no longer forced upon purchase. Player can now choose a livery to go with the car.
  • Cleared all the leaderboard due to physics changes and downshift prevention implementation.
  • Removed season passes from portal and the checks associated with them.
  • Removed Pixlr screenshot editing tool.
  • Changed so that all the external URL’s are opened externally (new tab in a browser, steam browser in game).
  • Shortened the registration form by removing some fields.
  • Various fixes to the championship in portal.
  • Fixed a small exploit that allowed players to use an unpurchased car after leaving test drive.
  • Fixed user not getting redirected from the experience after a competition, if he/she did not own the experience.
  • Fixed horizontal scrollbar appearing on purchase popups.
  • Added subcategories in cart.
  • Tidied up purchased content page.

So does the new physics update means these cars have the dtm/adac tyres?! Basilcally which kelvin spoke about months ago.

I believe the GTR3 cars do, yes, and the M1 Procar also received the "mahoosive physics update". There is an unconfirmed report on the S3S forum that these changes have been applied to the ADAC '13/'14 cars too, but I've not seen anyone else support this claim yet. Not sure about the off-line tire pick up though, I think that's only in DTM '15 at the moment.

My G25 feels funny. So wonky wheel, FWD cars and Sonoma Raceway.:cry:

It seems my wheel virus has spread to yours! :sick::redface::(:cry: Hopefully it's just an issue with your settings and nothing terminal. Oh, and that's a nice staff badge you got there. :thumbsup:

Anyone had a chance to try the new GTR3 cars? Do they feel more planted like the reports said or do they still have a boat/hovercraft feeling to them?

It seems my wheel virus has spread to yours! :sick::redface::(:cry: Hopefully it's just an issue with your settings and nothing terminal. Oh, and that's a nice staff badge you got there. :thumbsup:

Anyone had a chance to try the new GTR3 cars? Do they feel more planted like the reports said or do they still have a boat/hovercraft feeling to them?
I've never had an issue before, really disappointing:(. As to the new badge you can expect an announcement shortly;).
Not had the chance to try the GTR3 cars to busy desperately trying to get the wheel sorted before tonights race.:mad:

Just tested the GTR3 BMW alpina and Camaro BMW z4, BMW M1 procar, Audi 90 quattro.
Havent done eny changes to my previus settings Thrustmaster t300rs.

YEEEEEEEES the boat is gone iam not chasing Moby Dick eny longer with thees cars, they are fantastic to drive.
I just want this to DTM -92 or to all classes NOW yes

Last edited:
Just tested the GTR3 BMW alpina and Camaro BMW z4, BMW M1 procar, Audi 90 quattro.
Havent done eny changes to my previus settings Thrustmaster t300rs.

YEEEEEEEES the boat is gone iam not chasing Moby Dick eny longer with thees cars, they are fantastic to drive.
I just want this to DTM -92 or to all classes NOW yes

This is spectacular news!!!! Did you have the boat feeling before? Interesting that the Quattro feels better too as it was not listed as receiving the mahoosive physics update.

This makes me even sadder that my T300 is on its way to hospital :cry: Might have to bust out the old slow, spongey Fanatec and have a go.

Ye the cars was a bit nervous before on a straight line or every where on the track, and i tested the GTR3 and then changed to GTR2 and for me big difference, its so smoth and really enjoyable to drive now, i know what iam going to do this evening.

Hm Audi 90 dident get the update, strange i think it felt better have never driven a race with it because i think it was to hard, but made a AI race 8min and i think it felt better or i become a pretty decent driver :rolleyes:.

I tested the Volvo 240 turbo that i really enjoy to drive but its still the same NOT god, but i drive it eny way its a Volvo.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.3%