Toban Raceway Coming to RF2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Toban Raceway .jpg

Following initial rumors in 2011, today the ISI Track Team have officially announced rFacor classic, Toban Raceway, is due to be released for premium simulator rFactor 2.

With numerous sneak peak teasers released in recent times, the team over at Image Space Incorporated have announced the track build is back on schedule again and promises to be the most detailed track released for the sim to date.

Unlike the Mills Metropark version that was brought over to rF2, this track wont have any updates and improvements of infrastructure to its original rF1 brother but in fact the ravages of time will show a circuit that has benefited from very little maintenance since its rFactor 1 days, showing a very different visual experience to what fans of the track are used to.

I'll hand over to ISI's Luc Van Camp to explain:

"So what can you expect in the not-so-distant future? As explained by Scott, the track owners are operating on a low budget and they haven't had a chance to modernize the infrastructure too much. But it definitely isn't an upgraded conversion brought to our latest standards. It is a scratch built track, made with modern techniques and populated with our finest props to date. Going for the scratch built option does require a lot more time and effort, but it was a necessity in order to address the oversized scaling of most original rF1 objects which were used to fill the scene with as few objects as possible -- in turn a necessity for the hardware requirements a decade ago."

Building on the original long and short version of the track will be an additional 2 layouts coming in the new release alongside a new location, the rF2 version of the track will now be based in California and will contain the appropriate scenery alongside the circuit.

I for one am very excited to try out this classic circuit updated in rF2 and look forward to seeing how much detail the team have managed to cram into this new release. No dates have been given for when we can expect to see this in game, keep an eye out at RaceDepartment.com in the coming weeks for updates as and when they become available.

With Mills and now Toban coming to rFactor 2 in recent times what other 'classic' tracks would you like to see brought to the sim? Let us know in the comments section below!
rf2 Toban Raceway 2.jpg rf2 Toban Raceway 3.jpg rf2 Toban Raceway 4.jpg rf2 Toban Raceway 5.jpg rf2 Toban Raceway 6.jpg rf2 Toban Raceway 7.jpg rf2 Toban Raceway 8.jpg rf2 Toban Raceway 9.jpg rf2 Toban Raceway 10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember correctly, the initial plan from ISI was to release Mills with everything up to date, trying to show off how Mills had "lots of funding and developed the place" while Toban would showcase how a track would be without funding at all, pretty worn, rusty etc. Seems like that they have moved a bit away from that.

My dream would be to see ISI make the three fictional tracks from Sports Car GT again - First Sardian Park, then Chatham and lastly North Point.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%