To some fans, does Vettel and his nature make Schumi look like a good guy?

Why should I be the same as him? So you believe there's only one person in here who's got a problem with your attitude? How arrogant is that?
Why on earth do you think i should let people make opinions (or obeservations) about me then not do the same to them?
He said something about me, i simply responded. Then you felt the need to say something about me and then i responded to you.
And now i´m arrogant for responding to both of you...that´s funny.

If you say something about me, i´ll say something about you.
It´s very simple and it seems quite lucrative for people like you to latch on to it for no reason whatsoever.

Whoever gave you the name or the idea to name yourself like this should re-think his/her actions.
Not that i care but why is that?
It says F1 Statistics guru. Sure the word Guru is a little bit over the top but i do gather stats in all kinds of forms so not sure what that text has to do with this conversation apart from you thinking it was self-proclaimed...

Strike one

Especially no intellectually-demanding criteria, no.
No, especially nothing at all.

Strike two

No you're right, I couldn't give less of a damn. :)

Of course i am. So i guess it was more a polite thing then rather then honesty.

Strike three

Several flaws in your post.

1) Verstappen and Schumacher always got along very well with each other, in fact, Michael once mentioned to a german newspapers that Verstappen is his best mate in the paddock.

2) The loco-thing: Who cares about that? Seriously, is that a reason to dislike a driver?

3) How could Michael always have team orders benefiting him when at the same time he gifted the win in Malaysia 1999 to Irvine, who would have otherwise been annihilated because Michael qualified 1 second clear of the rest of the field in his first comeback race since his crash at Silverstone that same year?

What Michael did in Malaysia was remarkable. Furthermore, everyone remembers what happened in Austria 2002 - but do you folks also remember that Michael also gifted two racewins to Rubens, one in Monza and the other one in the US-Grand Prix (although the 2nd one wasn't intentional)?

4) Vettel proved himself worthy more often than just in Monza 2008. Let's take Indianapolis 2007, scoring a point in his very first race. Or China 2007, finishing 4th. And honestly: It's not like being in the best team and having the best car makes your success less worthy, that's just BS. You still have to get out and get everything out of yourself to finish on top, and let's not forget that every team has got 2 drivers and what has Mark achieved in the best car on the grid for the last 3 years? Exactly, not even a lousy vice-championship.

It wasn't very long ago when I was thinking exactly like all these people think about Vettel - no racecraft, can only win if he starts from the front, always in the best car, etc. etc. But you know what: After three years of me believing that, and at the same time three years of Vettel dominating the sport more or less I simply cannot convince myself anymore that these claims are facts, and not just wishful thinking. Vettel is an outstanding driver in an outstanding time with an outstanding timing - he's at the right place at the right time and I can't blame him for maximizing his chances by driving faultlessly.

Ow yeah, last but not least: Alonso and humility? LMFAO!

- Betrayed his own team because they didn't give him #1 status which he didn't deserve
- Consistantly moaning about his car being so much slower and himself being the only one to get everything out of that car
- Claiming that Vettel is due to bad luck soon (who the hell is Alonso to claim these kind of things)
- Asking for teamorders everytime he can't get past his teammate on his own
- Refusing to have a more competitive teammate

I just had to give that a standing ovation!!!!! And I'm definitely not a Vettel fan.

Hamilton showing humility? Look at Spa last year, he was being comprehensively beaten by his team-mate, threw the toys out of the prams and posted vital telemetry information on Twitter.

Alonso likes to make people believe that his car is a lot slower than it actually is.

Raikkonen - well for somebody who's nickname is 'The Iceman', he does do a fair bit of moaning.

Vettel gets a lot more stick than he deserves, the way some people go on it's as if he has had a car 1 second quicker than everybody else.

I agree with your post, but Vettel doesn't get enough stick, give him more (I'm doing a Count Dracula laugh).;)

Senna and Michale Schumacher had large fan bases of people from all over the world. Saying "Your number one, Your the greatest." You start to believe it and affects you and your attitude.
Tell me a driver with multiple tittles that did not do that stuff. Even Prost who was a bit of a softy was caniving behind the scenes.

The early racers in the 50's and maybe some of the 60's where fierce on the track but best friends off. In there day they risked there lives as it was more dangers.

The bottom line a good driver who believes in there car and machinery and mechanics would not care who there team mate was. There let there performance on the track do the talking.

There let there performance on the track do the talking.

Exactly! What else is Vettel supposed to do? Lap everyone before he gets some credit?

Also, I feel the whole Malaysia '13 incident was completely unfair towards Vettel, I mean, look at Webber's comments post-Silverstone'11:
"Of course, I ignored the team as I want to try and get another place".

Fair to say there is a bit of hypocrisy about Webber and anti-Vettel fan's comments.

I gotten to know quite a lot real race drivers over the years.
Off the track they are radically different people than on the track.
These people are much more fun and down to earth when there are no camera's or company reputations at stake..
On the track only one thing counts.. make the best of it possible.. at almost any expense.
Every now and than when things get too hectic or pressure gets to big, they make noob errors, just like us...
Calling people assholes while you never met them in real life...
In the end we only remember who won.. not who was 2nd...

Hey its a free country say what you want. People have posted dum names at me for my posts. I dont care.
As they taught me in primary school "sticks and stones will brake my bones but words will never hurt me"
Who cares what others think just like yourself.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back