To some fans, does Vettel and his nature make Schumi look like a good guy?

Vettel haters gonna hate. What a sad bunch of people.

I respect all F1 pilots and as long as I don't know them privately there's not much point to hate or love. Besides I don't hate people, If someone is an asshole I just ignore him/her.

Vettel is doing something right to have so many people log in to internet sites to tell the world how much hate they have in their heads towards the German driver. Yes Vettel has been given a good car, one of the best if not the best cars. But it seems to me he is doing exactly what he needs to be doing with this good car. He is winning races and winning championships. Now if Vettel was not winning with this good car, then you would know there is something wrong.

Carry on Seb ... you are doing good when so many people claim they hate your guts all because you win races and win championships. Oh funny how this hate is not transferred to the actual teams and actual drivers Vettel competes against. It just tells you how disconnected these so called fans are to reality.

With so many posters questioning Vettel's ability, and putting it all down to his having the best car, and others saying categorically that Sebastian cannot be compared at the same level as Michael and Ayrton, I set out the performances of their cars.

These stats are from my Rating System, and are the gaps between their cars (equal, faster or slower than) and their closest rival car/s: (figures are from my 100.0 System base as the fastest figure, given to one decimal; these can be read as percentages or as seconds per lap time):

Vettel: 2008=-1.2; 2009= +0.1; 2010= +0.2; 2011= =0.1; 2012=0.0.
Schumacher: 1992=-0.2; 1993=-0.3; 1994=+0.1; 1995=-0.2; 1996=-0.8; 1997=-0.5; 1998=-0.3; 1999=-0.2; 2000=0.0; 2001=-0.1; 2002=+0.2; 2003=-0.1; 2004=-0.1; 2005=-1.5 for F2004 and -0.7 for F2005; 2006=0.0; 2010=-0.4; 2011=-1.2; 2012=-0.7.
Senna: 1985=-0.1; 1986=-0.4; 1987=-0.7; 1988=+0.4; 1989=+0.2; 1990=0.0 vs Tyrrell and Benetton; but +0.3 vs Ferrari; 1991=-0.1; 1992=-0.7; 1993=-0.3; 1994=-0.1.

I am not giving an opinion here. There are so many factors to consider; but it does seem as if the car advantages enjoyed at times by Schumacher and Senna were not as great as perceived (1988 excepted) and were much the same as for Vettels car advantages.
This is a blog post by an F1 journalist Patrick O'Brien who's car ratings system is considered to be the best out there. He shows that he believes that the most dominant car Vettel has ever had is 0.2 seconds ahead of everybody else in terms of a 100 second lap.

In this system a + means the car is quickest and a - means the car is slower.

His site for anyone who is interested, has some brilliant reads: http://grandprixratings.blogspot.com

This is a blog post by an F1 journalist Patrick O'Brien who's car ratings system is considered to be the best out there. He shows that he believes that the most dominant car Vettel has ever had is 0.2 seconds ahead of everybody else in terms of a 100 second lap.

In this system a + means the car is quickest and a - means the car is slower.

His site for anyone who is interested, has some brilliant reads: http://grandprixratings.blogspot.com

I haven't read the guy's book so I don't know how he arrived at those numbers - but they are absolutely terrible.

Vettel 2011 - 0.1s faster - seriously?
Vettel 2012 - 0.0s faster - did the guy take into account that Ferrari, and not McLaren was Vettel's closest competitor? How on earth was the Ferrari just as fast as the RB?
Schumacher 1994 - 0.1s faster - the Benetton was clearly slower than the Williams, but more reliable. However, the author says he doesn't take reliability into account so one has to wonder how he arrived at this result.
Schumacher 2001 - 0.1s slower - really? Which car was faster?
Schumacher 2004 - 0.1s slower - trolling? It was the best f***ing car in F1 history. How on earth was it slower than anything? What was this guy smoking?

When the Sauber of 2010 receives the same rating as the McLaren and Ferrari (see Website), you know something is terribly wrong with your methodology.

Yes, you are nothing but a hater. Seb is one of the nicest champions F1 has ever had, especially if you compare him to someone as ruthless as Senna, who believed he was bigger than the sport at times.

Well Hampus is a self-proclaimed guru so who are we to argue with him ;)

Ah, now I get it. Was wondering why you said someone treated you like an idiot, until you mentioned him now - that's because he is on my ignore list, so I don't need to waste precious seconds of my life reading through his arrogant, ignorant and know-it-all drivel. ;)

Warned.
Ah, now I get it. Was wondering why you said someone treated you like an idiot, until you mentioned him now - that's because he is on my ignore list, so I don't need to waste precious seconds of my life reading through his arrogant, ignorant and know-it-all drivel. ;)

I wish i was just like you, happy as a daisy and with the IQ of a fish.

Warned.
I wish i was just like you, happy as a daisy and with the IQ of a fish.

No disrespect, but so far I personally couldn't find anything that would make your IQ look higher than your body temperature. Apart from the self-proclaimed guruness and some petty arguments there hasn't been anything that would give you the legitimation of debasing others. Just my two cents.

Sorry for the off-topic.

/

No disrespect, but so far I personally couldn't find anything that would make your IQ look higher than your body teamperature.
it´s temperature. For the rest, well either you are the same as him or you haven´t looked hard enough.

Apart from the self-proclaimed guruness
Not self-proclaimed no...
I simply do stats for F1 and one day i had the text there.

there hasn't been anything that would give you the legitimation of debasing others.
There´s no criteria needed to be met for that last time i checked.
And i think with that kind of post you sort of have to expect a response.

Sorry for the off-topic.
Oh you are not really sorry now are you,

it´s temperature. For the rest, well either you are the same as him or you haven´t looked hard enough.

It was obviously a typing mistake. Why should I be the same as him? So you believe there's only one person in here who's got a problem with your attitude? How arrogant is that?

Not self-proclaimed no...
I simply do stats for F1 and one day i had the text there.

Whoever gave you the name or the idea to name yourself like this should re-think his/her actions.

There´s no criteria needed to be met for that last time i checked.

Especially no intellectually-demanding criteria, no.

Oh you are not really sorry now are you,

No you're right, I couldn't give less of a damn. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%