To everyone frustrated with the blurriness...

...ReShade is your friend, and probably should have been already. This slick repackaging of what used to be known as SweetFX works wonders. Turn on any of the multiple 'sharpening' features and you can eliminate most of the blurriness. I'm using AdaptiveSharpen, one of the generally more power-hungry features, and as an example, I only lost 3 FPS on my triple-screen setup (47 to 44 FPS).

Definitely worth a try if you don't like the blurriness. In AC I was able to get an absolutely razor-sharp image. Haven't quite been able to achieve that in ACC yet, but it's definitely a big improvement.

Hi Greg, how do you get ReShade to work?
I'm trying to do so all evening, but to no avail it just doesn't start with the game... :(

game exe is not the first one (acc.exe) but the one deeper in the directory hierarchy: \Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64\AC2-Win64-Shipping.exe

You have to point the reshade tool to that one.

Ive used LumaSharped from reshade with strength 1.2.
Comparison screenshots (hover the screenshot with the mouse to switch between normal and sharpened version):
http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/120344

At least we have a easy Workaround ;). In PUBG the sharpening was hidden in the Post Processing Options, with being activated from medium settings and above, i think it took them at least half a year after people noticed to add a seperate sharpen button.

Great, but why don't we just ask Kunos to change the defaults, or, even better, include a slider to adjust this in-game? It should work (be able to be clear) out of the box without resorting to ReShade.

But it does work in the game, just much more fps heavy thsn reshade.
I think they already knew about the sharpness before release of EA, I expect optimization within the game.

game exe is not the first one (acc.exe) but the one deeper in the directory hierarchy: \Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64\AC2-Win64-Shipping.exe

You have to point the reshade tool to that one.

Ive used LumaSharped from reshade with strength 1.2.
Comparison screenshots (hover the screenshot with the mouse to switch between normal and sharpened version):
http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/120344
Thank you very much, indeed I was pointing to acc.exe.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how all of this Reshade things is working ??
quick tutorial maybe ?? or small information in what direction to search on the web, ?

thanks a lot in advance.
(I suppose that it is already things available for assetto corsa, but I am also pretty new to assetto corsa tweaking)

You could also experiment with UE4's built-in sharpening filter, if you dont wanna use reshade.
https://twitter.com/6e66o/status/1040526664680255490

DnCxQ77WwAAGYEq.jpg:large

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.9%