To everyone frustrated with the blurriness...

...ReShade is your friend, and probably should have been already. This slick repackaging of what used to be known as SweetFX works wonders. Turn on any of the multiple 'sharpening' features and you can eliminate most of the blurriness. I'm using AdaptiveSharpen, one of the generally more power-hungry features, and as an example, I only lost 3 FPS on my triple-screen setup (47 to 44 FPS).

Definitely worth a try if you don't like the blurriness. In AC I was able to get an absolutely razor-sharp image. Haven't quite been able to achieve that in ACC yet, but it's definitely a big improvement.

One more thing, any other settings in NVidia you set from default? TIA.
Out of my head just the pre rendered frames to 1. All others at default. Beside the sharpening stuff.
Turn off vsync. Scroll to the bottom of video settings and cap frame rate, if your running 60hz set it to 59.
I’m running 75hz, set it to 74 have had no tearing since hope it works for you.
I tried this already and it doesn't work for me (single screen). But it's a long time ago and maybe it will work better now. I'll try it again.

Turn off vsync. Scroll to the bottom of video settings and cap frame rate, if your running 60hz set it to 59.
I’m running 75hz, set it to 74 have had no tearing since hope it works for you.
I tested it and the terrible tearing remains. I've done also tests without Vsync and frame cap. What I've noticed also at 100 FPS the movement of the scenery while looks still stutter'ish while turning.
I can't figure it out how to eliminate or lower this effect. Maybe it's a graphics option, a LOD/texture thing or my system can't handle it.
I'd be much appreciated if someone @kunos can enlighten me :)

Greets After_Midnight

In career all is fluid and smooth for me until I reach Nurburgring then suddenly my FPS locks to 60 and it stutters, screen tears.
Exit ACC and restart and it’s fine again.
I’ve got a message in with the devs at the official forum no reply yet.
Could be something on my PC not sure.

How does ReShade shape compare to nVidia control panel sharpen?
It all helps but Nvidia sharpening is noticeably better in all games I’ve tried.
I’m running sharpening at 75
Ignore film grain 50
Even makes Red Dead Redemption 2 look quite a bit better.
I still think those of us fighting the temporal AA blur of unreal are running at 1080p. Those running 1440/4K do not seem to be having issues.

It all helps but Nvidia sharpening is noticeably better in all games I’ve tried.
Ignore film grain 50
I still think those of us fighting the temporal AA blur of unreal are running at 1080p. Those running 1440/4K do not seem to be having issues.
So no Reshade, just NV sharpening? OTOH, it's the 'cartoonish' graphics that's bothering me sometimes, esp. after going back and forth from other sims, but after a few laps you just somewhat forget it :)

So no Reshade, just NV sharpening? OTOH, it's the 'cartoonish' graphics that's bothering me sometimes, esp. after going back and forth from other sims, but after a few laps you just somewhat forget it :)
Correct don't use both just use Nvidia.
Assetto Corsa and Competizione have always looked cartoonish to me, too much red saturation.
Titles like rFactor 2 look much more realistic with cooler tones, this is all subjective and just my opinion. I will say nothing can touch Competizione at night or in rain, simply superb.

Ignore film grain 50

Thank you sir,

These settings makes things much better! :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%