To everyone frustrated with the blurriness...

...ReShade is your friend, and probably should have been already. This slick repackaging of what used to be known as SweetFX works wonders. Turn on any of the multiple 'sharpening' features and you can eliminate most of the blurriness. I'm using AdaptiveSharpen, one of the generally more power-hungry features, and as an example, I only lost 3 FPS on my triple-screen setup (47 to 44 FPS).

Definitely worth a try if you don't like the blurriness. In AC I was able to get an absolutely razor-sharp image. Haven't quite been able to achieve that in ACC yet, but it's definitely a big improvement.

You could also experiment with UE4's built-in sharpening filter, if you dont wanna use reshade.
https://twitter.com/6e66o/status/1040526664680255490

DnCxQ77WwAAGYEq.jpg:large

I can't find those paths, what am I doing wrong?

Its here (paste it in the windows explorer in address bar):
%localappdata%\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

And this is the setting:
[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0

0 = disabled
1 = ok
2 = stronger
3 = possibly to much
.... not sure how much it goes up

Ive pasted it into the Engine.ini but it propably could also go into GameUserSettings.ini, not sure about it.

game exe is not the first one (acc.exe) but the one deeper in the directory hierarchy: \Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64\AC2-Win64-Shipping.exe

You have to point the reshade tool to that one.

Ive used LumaSharped from reshade with strength 1.2.
Comparison screenshots (hover the screenshot with the mouse to switch between normal and sharpened version):
http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/120344

Reshade up and running and havr directied it the exe, yet unlike your reshade home page, mines just blank no settings showing.
Any ideas ?

Attachments

• vfvf.JPG
    vfvf.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 323
  • zzzxxx.JPG
    zzzxxx.JPG
    571.5 KB · Views: 444
I thought you where using resolution scale at 200% .
Has reshade got a better AA solution ? And will it work for VR ?

Yes the scale was at 200% at native 1920x1080 resolution.
No, I can't find a way to make use of reshade in VR, tried with old AC.

Reshade up and running and havr directied it the exe, yet unlike your reshade home page, mines just blank no settings showing.
Any ideas ?

Doesn't look like you installed any effects when prompted during installation.

Doesn't look like you installed any effects when prompted during installation.

Really Sorry, but have not got a clue. Just dl Reshade, pointed it to \Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64\AC2-Win64-Shipping.exe as stated, opened reshade while games running and thats all I know.
Inside the games folder are,
AC2 Win64 Shipping.exe
AC2 Win64 Shipping.pdb
dxgi.dll
dxgi.log
Reshade.ini

Can someone please explain to me in simple thicko directions, What do I now need to do now ? :)

Really Sorry, but have not got a clue. Just dl Reshade, pointed it to \Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64\AC2-Win64-Shipping.exe as stated, opened reshade while games running and thats all I know.
AC2 Win64 Shipping.exe
AC2 Win64 Shipping.pdb
dxgi.dll
dxgi.log
Reshade.ini

Can someone please explain to me in simple thicko directions, What do I now need to do now ? :)
Install again and confirm when it prompts you to download effects.

AC2 Win64 Shipping.exe
AC2 Win64 Shipping.pdb
dxgi.dll
dxgi.log
Reshade.ini

On AC i'm using the Reshade setup from the gbW Weather Suite, which can be found on this site. It has a pre-confured ini you can use and comes with some effects. I would just add lumasharpen as well to the ones they included in the reshade-shaders folder.

All the effects can be downloaded here if you want more to play around with:

https://github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders

The only thing i had to change from their set up was the bleach setting on the tonemap effect, from 0.250 to 0.150 because i found it to be too strong. You can change all the values and select an ini of your choice by pressing shift+F10 in game once the reshade is loaded.

The game is still a blurry mess. AC 1 looks way better, sharper and more detailed on my 48" TV.

ACC looks just horrible on my Setup.
I just bought a new computer and it didn't help at all.

Ryzen 7 2700x
16GB DDR4 3200 CL14
1 TB Samsung EVO SSD
GeForce GTX 1080 OC

Even on this PC it runs and looks like crap. On ultra settings it looks completely washed out and extremely blurry. All texture details are lost.

Unreal engine is not useable for racing simulation.

Edit
How can some people disagree? It doesn't look good on my setup. That's what I am seeing.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back