Learning drifting means learning more car control so I think every sim racer should give it a go, it can only improve your driving overall. I don't personally have much interest in it outside of doing it for fun. I've always seen it as a novelty sport, I understand through experience it requires a lot of skill but it's sport where a judge decides if you've won or not. For some reason that just doesn't interest me, I like the straight forward nature of an ordinary race where you just have to be first across the line.

Drifting is a cool thing, but, for me personal, as nearly every AC group transforms to a Drift group, it just goes on my nerves at the moment. You only look for some AC content and all you see is drift, drift, drift. That honestly sucks to me.

Useful? Not really. And the main reason is because many Sims don't make effective use of drifting as an event. There is more to drifting than sliding a car around. Most Sims don't have appropriate scoring systems that take into consideration the angle and speed of the vehicle. And it's often they lack proper courses to drift on.

Drifting could be useful if there was more thought put into it instead of simply adding drift cars.

Drifting is mega fun in any car, and practicing it definitely can help in racing - so answering pool is a big Yes ... but then i feel like it is still underdeveloped in sim world.

It feels polarizing, you either not touch it at all and race or you drift on modded tracks with modded cars and your drift group, which might just be not worth the time for some people (me being one of them).

Tbh AC probably has the best middle ground still with trackdays where you can drift street cars for fun but because people suck at it, or want to hotlap hypercars online (sigh) it is frowned on :(
I'd love to see more thought put into drifting besides randomly adding a colorful car to the game.

I personally think it's toxic to separate drifting & racing. Both show bad example in the real world & both can be done without bothering anyone in the right environment. In the game physic you can use odd input, setup & work somehow. It's a homogeneous sport.

I'm not sure that it has a place in racing simulators and I would rather developers put the time into making more racing cars than drifting cars.

I believe your comment was refering to specific drift built content?
I am not a street drifter by any means but I have to disagree with your comment.

Drifting is an essential skill to have in your driving arsenal and is used in several racing diciplines like rally cross, rally and saving oversteer situations....I've also had it come in handy in RL karting events.....clearly not the fastest way around the track but id rather be able to control the vehicle and power through a slide than spinning out and potentially lose several positions.

Rl tire data from a drift car I feel could be very beneficial for sim racing and could carry over to the tire model to better the physics.
Tire wear
Tire heat
Tires grip limits etc.

Just my .02

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back