Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Q: How long on average does it take to create a set-up for a circuit?

About an hour and then when I put it in a hedge for the sixth time I reset it to stock. Seriously though I just change some things until I don't crash as much.

Q: How much practice have you done for this first event?

Does rocket league count as practice?

Q: Which characteristic of your car will set you up well for this circuit?

It has a steering wheel to deal with the twisty bits. I'm not a big fan of this track though.

Q: Where do you aim to finish this week?

I'll be doing my up most to keep it on the asphalt and with a bit of luck I wont come last.

Disaster all round tonight.. Car was stuck in bumper cam view AGAIN in Michaels lobby and then got discoed before turn 3 so no chance for any practice. Just ran around in quali trying to find some rhythm but didn't set a time but was around the 1:26 mark. No assists with the default setup is tough I can tell you!!

Parade lap all was fine, got into position and then moved up beside the first RUF when I heard the instruction for even numbers to go to the right on the double file start but unfortunately he didn't see me and came across at the same time which unfortunately pushed direct into the pit entrance barrier head on... Eventually managed to extract myself to try to get all the way round to the pits but had too much damage and the car stopped on the hill at turn 1. Quickly exited to try avoid anyone coming round to complete lap 1 so hope I managed to do so... strangely the game gave me no option to return to my pit box from where I could have watched everyone's race :thumbsudown:

All in all a nightmare night :(. Watched some of the race from Roberts feed, good solid drive buddy, would love to have been part of it too but yet again in this game it wasn't to be.

Oh and just to confirm I was able to run no assists despite the lobby settings so they do not force them on guys.

Hope your missus is ok Robert... I heard you mention something about her being at ER hence why you were late.. best wishes for a speedy recovery whatever the problem is (was).

Last edited:
PRESS CONFERENCE

Q:
How long on average does it take to create a set-up for a circuit?
Right now I'm still searching but I like this place and have been quick so hope the change to RUF doesn't change that
Lots....in a z4 :(:(:(
Rear is stable just the front end that's :poop:
Podium would be cool

Thanks to everyone for signing up hopefully we can all make this league the pride of RD:thumbsup:

Just a quick heads up on the mic situation too.. My pad stays on fine now but for whatever reason although I can hear perfectly it seems you still can't hear me :thumbsdown:. Michael, I sent you a voice message were you able to hear it at all? If not then I guess the adapter isn't working for the mic. I'll have to return it for a refund if that's the case.

Last edited:
PRESS CONFERENCE
Q: How long on average does it take to create a set-up for a circuit?
About 5 minutes; seatbelts on, tyres and drive! :p
A little, but noticing my lack of pace...:cry:
Stability
This circuit is damaged limitation for me; I'm aiming for P5:(

Pete, I haven't checked your message yet, bud. I was so blithering mad from being disconnected and not having any chance to finish 2nd or catch Beets after he cut a tire down that I just got back on and vented. I wish SMS owned my TV so I could throw something through it! ****ing BASTARDS!

Well, all around a pretty tough night for everyone (except beets! nice job man). First, I apologize for being late. Wife did cut herself in the backyard, so I sort of felt compelled to go to the ER. Tried to text, but they block them unless you go outside the building. Got to Railer a bit too late, but overall my bad and I'm sorry. Thanks for taking warmup Michael. I thought we were on course from there, but then....

@Railer Cantrell can you take a look at my replay and also from your memory. I know you saw it all. I'd have to say that, although there were other issues involved (me having to go forward, comms not working for Peter, and two moves at the same time) there are two things that bothered me about my move. One was that I should have known better to make such a move on the pace lap in the final corner. Even though I could not see Peter, racing rules really dictate that you need to be slow and steady by then. Also, *I* may have been out of position but I thought someone needed to be slotted into 4th, so it was confusing. Since we were essentially in the right order, I should have stayed put. It was the last corner, and it's generally no dice by that point. Turns out, Peter and I were just trying to make the same move. Still, I got the feeling that I made the more dramatic and rash move, because I had no damage and he got slammed into the pit wall. You can decide for yourself. I'll agree with whatever you want to do.

Peter, thanks for being a good sport about it, as usual. Sorry man. I could not see you and my video will show that, but as I said above, that's really not an excuse in that situation. There are generally two problems with pace laps...one, not giving enough room before the final turn, and not getting steady and slow (regardless of where you are) before the final turn. Live and learn I guess, but taking someone out of the race is just bad. I would have restarted, but we were sort of rock and hard place since Railer had to go and I didn't know if you were having issues. Turn out you were, but I didn't know that for sure. And we were running late anyway. Sounds like you had a complete mess and I feel bad part was my fault or driving related.

From there, the game took over in spoiling the party. Peter was stuck and in default, I hit the invisible barrier in the last turn costing me 2nd, Michael was disconnected, Eric had the invisible barrier nail him too (so I guess we sort of evened out actually, since he was generally faster), the second Bentley was struggling, and Railer had to go. And that doesn't count multiple issues. So, not a great night, but as usual, there were some bright spots. This game either seems to be feast or famine. I ran my fastest lap ever in the race, so did Michael, McNasty had a perfect pit, and generally things were stable online. Just the bugs. I hope they fix them next patch. Should be out by the end of this month.

Interesting about the no assists. But I don't think it works the other way around Peter. I think you can't increase you assists on your own, but you can decrease them. This makes sense to me. If you want to turn them off, so be it. But they are there to use. A real problem would be if you could turn them on when the lobby has them off, and I don't think this is the case. :thumbsup:. But thanks for the heads up. Confirms Peter E's test too.

Here is the video of my view:

Last edited:
Brands Hatch Qualifying:
1. beetes (1:23.409)
2. Watts
3. Eric
4. Braken
5. Robert
6. Peter
7. Railer

Brands Hatch Results:
1. beetes (1:23.409) - 25
2. Eric - 18
3. Robert - 15
4. Braken - 12
5. Railer - 10 (DNF)
6. Peter - 8 (DNF)
(Michael 75% points for 2nd as he involuntarily disconnected) - 12

Overall Standings To Date:
1. Watts - 124.5
2. Chips - 110
3. Eric - 93
4. Robert - 75
5. Ceaser - 52
6. Railer - 50
7. Dylan - 37.5
8. Peter H. - 37
9. Dan - 37
10. Peter E. - 36.5
11. Boothy - 14
12. Rob P. - 2

Unofficial Team Results:
Dyno-Might Motorsports - 132.5
SkyDive Dubai, Ltd. - 90
Aston Martin Racing, Ltd. - 32

Brno GP
Saturday, July 4, 2015
British GT - GP3 Series
6pm US EDT, 11pm GMT

1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #6
2. Gustavo Sobrino / SobritoS / #38
3. Peter Hooper / Hamerpgh / #__
4. Matthew Booth / Boothy116 / #__
5. Eric cline / McNasty0421/ #__

Assists: none, cockpit only
Tire Wear = 2x; Weather = Medium Cloud; Standing Start
Rules of the Road are the same as in the British GT Championship League
Races are posted in this thread and signups should include a Real Name, Gamertag, and Car #.
All races are sprint races...no mandatory pits stops, no weather changes.

15 min. Practice
15 min. Qualification
30 minute Race (22 laps)
2x Tire Wear

Last edited:
Robert don't worry about it, just one of those things.. Of course I was gutted to miss out on home turf but it was just sods law that I was damaged so bad I couldn't get around to pit and repair and at least have some fun for the remainder of the race.

I heard Railer say to restart even though he would have to bale out so thanks for the consideration buddy :thumbsup: but it was the right thing to carry on with everyone else still running, I did message to that effect (although guessed it wouldn't be able to be read) as I couldn't be heard over comms so am pleased it went on.

@Railer Cantrell there's no request for an inquest from me so I'm happy to leave it well alone, Robert has realised what happened and I know totally that there was no intention there so nothing to be gained in my view from a stewards review. We live and learn :thumbsup:

Robert don't worry about it, just one of those things.. Of course I was gutted to miss out on home turf but it was just sods law that I was damaged so bad I couldn't get around to pit and repair and at least have some fun for the remainder of the race.

I heard Railer say to restart even though he would have to bale out so thanks for the consideration buddy :thumbsup: but it was the right thing to carry on with everyone else still running, I did message to that effect (although guessed it wouldn't be able to be read) as I couldn't be heard over comms so am pleased it went on.

@Railer Cantrell there's no request for an inquest from me so I'm happy to leave it well alone, Robert has realised what happened and I know totally that there was no intention there so nothing to be gained in my view from a stewards review. We live and learn :thumbsup:

Peter, you are better to me than I deserve. I'm so sorry mate. I feel terrible. And I didn't hear Railer, as my game volume goes way up in the race and his is usually low. But thanks.

@Railer Cantrell, it's your call. I still think it should be looked at, but if Peter would prefer me to withdraw, I'll do just that.

Oh and on the assists front I did exit the session as quali ended to see if it would allow me to put assists back on but when back into the warm up they were still off so not sure why that would be when the lobby allowed them to be on :O_o:

Now that is strange. I think this game is possessed. I'm going to have a go now at a game that's not possessed, but just buggy. F1. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%