Titan X Maxwell (12GB) vs 1080 ti

Alen Pecanin

Premium
Hey guys!

Thought I’d share some experience after upgrading my GPU, so some people can have a read for comparison if they want, or if someone is on the verge to getting a 1080ti

so the story is, I ordered my RTX 3080 on release, it’s delayed until January/February 2021. I had sold my Titan X 12GB GPU, and needed a new temporary GPU until my 3080 arrives.

with the GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB version, an old card but with a lot of memory, I could play Assetto Corsa in VR with max settings in game with no problem. When CSP,SOL extra shaders and everything came on the table, the story became different.
with everything on Max, I could run a race with a grid of 8-11 cars depending on track, without lag. If more cars, it got too low FPS. With all the extra settings turned to low/medium, I could do a grid of 14 cars +- 3-4 depending on track. The extra graphical upgrade and everything took a hit on the card.

I set the course for a new GPU. The best bang for the buck with some begging was the evga 1080 ti supeclocked. Benchmarks showed me 100% better performance. So it should double the Titan X power. After installing newest drivers and installing the cars, I was mega excited. With everything maxed out in SOL, CSP, shaders, extra FX, I can now run 20-30car grids on any track with no lag in VR! It’s at least twice as fast, but have just tried it for some days, and haven’t checked what’s max.
Thought I’d just share it, in case someone wants to upgrade to a 1080ti. It’s good! Now I can’t wait to get my 3080 cars. It should be insane

Despite the added 'fire-power' of the new generation of GPUs, a properly configured system with the GTX1080Ti is still very potent.
It offers a lot of performance.
I loved my Duke. That thing was a monster.
It ran every racing title currently out there at mostly epic settings...including ACC.
My only reason for selling it was to add a bit more reserve for VR titles.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back