Tire Wear

So i have been building my setups around getting the tires to ware at an even pace...i have been trying ever combination i can think of and some of it helps but not as much as i would hope..perhaps it is not realistic to have exact tire ware on most tracks like Bathurst for example where it seems you really dig in with the front right and hardly get any action through the front left..i did watch a vid where a racer pointed out that driving style plays a big role in it but it seems if you want to keep pace you have to push so hard that this does not seem to be a real option..any tips i could try would be appreciated..

From my little experience in other sims the most important wear balance is front to back. The balance left and right I usually disregard as it won’t normally be noticeable or have any detrimental effects, where as front and rear balance will change the oversteer vs understeer characteristics. So taking Bathurst. So long as your right side front and rear are close, the balance shouldn’t change too much. If it does then get the rear a bit looser (more oversteer). I suspect most of your FR wear is from Forest Elbow so maybe try to adjust your style into that corner, maybe even have a button mapped to change BB back a little just for that corner (if you can’t live with it in other corners) and press it again to move it forward when your through the corner and on the straight.

If you wanted to try and balance left and right the only solution you could try is to stiffen the ARB’s as in theory that should transfer some wear laterally.

If you wanted to try and balance left and right the only solution you could try is to stiffen the ARB’s as in theory that should transfer some wear laterally.
Not going to work. Lateral load transfer depends only on the centre of gravity height, track width, weight of the car and the cornering load (g-force). What ARBs will do is transfer some of that load from front to back or vice versa. Best you could do is to try softening the front ARB and stiffening the rear ARB to move the load off the RF to the RR by making the car understeer less. But that will be a handling compromise.

I just seems that you should be able to make correction in how the tires "wear" sorry spelling is not a strong point for me and how they behave in terms of temps..I have noticed that the time trial page is down and am hoping they are focusing on a really good tire model..I get if they have tires that are mostly effected by rotation as opposed to brake heat and other factors..That is 95 percent or more of where heat and wear comes from in racing tires..but things like springs, dampers and certainly air pressure and certainly compounds have got to play a real and repeatable role in how the tires behave..I dont know if it is just me or what, but it seems like they nerfed the game really bad with the hot fix after 1.3..it felt so good at first and then the hot fix and you can catch the cars if they almost spun around and making huge changes in the set ups seems to do nothing and i mean NOTHING..Im just really hoping this is sort of a place holder because of 1.3 and they are going to restore it in the next few days or even better yet role out some new tire models..I dont mean to sound upset and i have lots of faith in Rieza they seem to listen to there player base, its just making the game more of an arcade game is way way the wrong way to be moving..

Well, you might be in luck:
  • Revised ideal temperature & range for all tires (generally slightly lower ideal temps and wider operating windows for road, vintage & harder semi-pro level slicks & semislicks, higher and narrower on higher top level compounds)

Sounds good..is this in the new update? i was hoping it would be something like this and i thought because they had the time trial page down it could be something like that going on..they work hard and are doing there best to make a good sim and you can tell, its just always in the back of mind that they will do the classic mistake and think look at all dem sells Forza gets lets go that way, its not that Forza is bad i loved playing it, its just if i want an arcade racer ill get one, when i race a sim it has to be deep and challenging..i have faith in Rieza and understand its a work in progress they have earned the benefit of the doubt..

Just to respond to my own stuff here..i played last night and it feels like they fixed lots of the issues from before..I dont know if perhaps they were having issues with 1.3 so they turned all of the setting down or even off but the whole game felt washed out..That being said it felt back to normal now so i am thankful for that..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%