Tire wear

I raced the Audi TT cup at Zolder. 45 min with a mandatory pitstop.
My fastest laps were high 1:38's. I did not lock brakes and i was during the whole race very cautios with the throttle during corner exit. The first part till half way (22 min left) the tires degraded up to 98% and i had a pitstop and changed all 4 tires. With the pitstop i came back on 1st place 10 sec in front of the second Audi. I kept racing 1:39's - 1:40's to maintain the gap at 10 seconds. With 7 minutes to go my tires degraded to 97% and suddenly...out of the blue the grip was totally gone. Massive understeer and i had to reduce the speed up to 1:45's to race decent laps. The main trouble were the braking points. Braking at the marker as i did before i i slid straight of the track like driving on ice.
Finally i spun of track into the barrier, race over with only 4 minutes to go.
Seems that the tire wear isn't really realistic as it happened so suddenly. One corner everything okay and the next "boom" grip it totally gone. I really hope S3 will look into this.

@Boby Kim definitely brake failure , when tires are yellow you can still make same braking points but less corner speed, when tires are orange you need to change braking points too, when they are red - your ****ed:)).
I love this feature on the TT's, many people seem to forget it:)), use less brake pressure for long races like 95-93 and try to have as much as possible a middle brake bias , 50/50 would be great but 54/46 should do just fine.

In this post https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/fading-brakes.5493/
Karsten from S3 says the following:

We did some quick testing on disc wear on the TT around Bathurst yesterday.
After 60 laps, it would have 89.7% disc thickness Front, and 83.5% rear.
15 laps would be 97.4% and 95.9%.

So I seriously doubt there is a brake wear issue. Sounds more to me, like Hannes already stated, that its tyre wear induced. The Brake effect gets reduced with ABS to prevent locking the brakes, and when the wear has gone over a cliff, Im guessing it could feel like the brakes have no effect anymore.
The TT tires dont really have a long lifespan in our game. Basically just 'designed' for TT Cup distances, so just about 30 min, depending on track and driver.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%