Tire temps..do they exist?

Msportdan

@Simberia
I have noticed that the outlap or first lap of a session the brakes do seem, not as effective as say the second lap as well as grip. Leads me to the question is tyre and brake temps actually calculated.

If so is there an chance to implement into the new HUD?

cheers

I noticed that too, but can we also overheat, for example with extreme camber, toe settings etc.? I'm also not really sure if driving with more downforce is making me slower on straights?

I noticed that too, but can we also overheat, for example with extreme camber, toe settings etc.? I'm also not really sure if driving with more downforce is making me slower on straights?

Yeah, not sure on tyre temps too, they must be working on it as we now have tyre wear. But downforce is working well, try Monza with full downforce in a GT3 car then try running it with very low downforce(1 front, 3/4 rear), hell of a difference! :thumbsup:
Some tracks it may not be so noticeable ;)

i have to say i played on get real with the aquila on raceroom raceway on get real and never ever bother warming the tyres and set top position of 8000 players on first lap since if not right the first sector i would restart

leaderboards follow the aproach of race series where when on leaderboards tyres are optimal at all times, races are a different story though not very sure since you can not yet check temps

Sorry but this can and should be implemented in the game.
Look @all other sim racing games:cautious:
I agree but in this games defense.. a lot is changing. The game is a heading in a new direction. They were limited before by management and now they are trying to come back to the sim side of things. At least that's what I've been led to understand. Give it some time. This game is shaping up to be a top contender in the sim world

most other sim games have base info rfactor etc , or people run a 3rd party plugin xd etc , thing is this is still in beta and now has a base info hud ok no temps but a wear guide for tyres; i dont understand why its hard to understand , the game is missing lots of things but little by little they are getting there and then getting tweaked , so if you want tyre temps now buy an app for a tablet /smart phone , if you dont want to spend money thats great , but then you will have to wait ...

Andi

right hand side top of screen basic hud , aero/engine/gearbox/tyre life

tyres take a few laps to come up to temps , but in reality depends on car track setup , style of driving , etc

Andi

2014-11-21 1426 0001.jpg

lets look at at from another point of view. Race drivers dont have these type of huds, only their pitwalls normally have this sort of data. Especially in the more advanced forms of motorsport, but club racers don't, they use instinct and feel. I dont mind these huds, but would be cool to be able to have a "off" button.

Re: new HUD, it really needs to be moved away from the rear view mirror and maybe recoloured, it really isnt that eligible. Why not integrate it into the gear HUD.?

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing