tire temperatures

Hello!

I wonder about tire temps. Most original cars have defined temperature for optimum performance.

But for other tires, like the formula light from URD they just released. Any way to find out the correct optimum temps for tires like that?

Well there is information about the different tires that kunos gave out officially and then (I presume) is what third party app developers used as reference when creating tire temperature apps. I dont remember the name of the apps, but some tires are known to the app and are named and thus have a shorter range of optimum temp and color is choosen depending on it, because we know more exactly in what range they work best.

The tyre temp apps do not give the temperature that is used for grip calculation and their "optimum range" coloring is based off old and sometimes wrong info posted by devs.

Open the in-game telemetry app. Find the TEMP_MULT_LF, RF, LR, RR values. Those are the % of grip multiplier applied on each tyre depending on tyre temps. When it's 100 you are in the optimal range. To see the optimal range temperatures find the PRACTICAL_TEMP values and do the correlation. Tyre apps give you CORE_TEMP. PRACTICAL TEMP = 0.25 x SURFACE_TEMP + 0.75 x CORE_TEMP

Edit : Also in the telemtry app, the "live" values are the ones on the left side. The values on the right side are some sort of moving average that filters out osccillations and it's a bit late, don't use them

Yep exactly the info needed. Thanks alot! Now I just need to get enough free time to invest some time on this and write down numbers.

If anyone manages to calculate the optimum temperature in tire model 5 for some cars please post the info in this thread.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%