Tire smoke

I like Assetto Corsa, but I have one minor gripe.
It's in the form of the amount of tire smoke at race launch...especially during large on-line events.
It's way too much... and way too dense.
I don't want it fully removed, just 'toned' down a bit.
Does anybody currently have a mod to do that?

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can adjust that in the options already, it's in the graphics settings somewhere.
Yes I always have it at very low. It is still much fps eating, so I adjusted the density of the tyre_smoke.ini file in assettocorsa/system/cfg. Word of advise, make a backup first and its easy to mess this up. There are a few good tyre smoke configs in the modding/misc section.

Search for Shred's Smoke Mod, should be available here somewhere. It gives the smoke a proper blueish tint, and reduces its density noticeably. Have been using it for a while and can recommend it.

I don't know much about the tyre_smoke.ini and I like much smoke so I can't tell you the settings you will need. But:
if you open the ini, the bottom line will be "[Triggers] , "SLIP_LEVEL". Experiment with that setting. Higher = less smoke. There should be a setting which allows smoke when drifting but reduces the smoke on race starts :)
AFAIK the InGame setting reduces the "grass smoke" too (when you drive through the dirt).
So put it InGame back to high and the SLIP_LEVEL=0.9 in tyre_smoke.ini (I have 0.6, a 'chinese extreme smoke drift mod' has it on 0.3).

Hope this helps :)

PS: Shred's mod has indeed really nice smoke, too less for me but maybe you like it!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back