Tire pressure

Tire pressure for wet vs dry. Should you go up for dry and down for wet or just the opposite. Or should you only adjust by temp readings and track. Little confused on this. Marty :cool:

• FelipeFan

In real life it depends upon the surface area of the tyre. in wet conditions you would ideally like to have the most traction to disperse the water from the track so it would be a lower pressure as the guy above said.

• Andrew Evans

since this is a thread about tyre pressure... and i'm a total setup nubleteer... i have a question...

when the guides recommend getting a tyre temp of 90 degrees, i assume this is only for the active wheels...? ie, fronts in a FWD, rears in a RWD and so on...

i've been doing some practicing for the le mans enduro on saturday and i can get the rears of my cupra gt just right... but the fronts are terrifyingly cold, particularly the front right... which drops to about 59 degrees after about 3 laps... and NO SETTING ON PLANET EARTH seems to increase it...

it still seems to handle nicely... but i just thought i'd ask the question...

Hmrmm optimum temp is for al 4 tires. But on lemans it is really hard to get the heat in the fronts. Would have been nice if you could have hards in the rear and mediums on the front. Or medium and soft. Think it was like that in the GTRMod and also in GTR/GTR2. Or we have to wait till VLM releases a version of the lemans track with chicanes 86 was a good year I think.

generally in RWD drives cars a balance is achievable since although the fronts are not driving the car they are active thru the bends for steering which heats up the tyres. FWD its difficult to get heat in the rears which is just one of them things unfortunately

In FWD I just shove the tire pressures and camber up on the rear wheels. Finding a balance is hard though - to get heat into them quickly but for them to last a race aswell.

I learned a harsh lesson today in setting up my car. Got pole at Valencia online and then proceeded to up my brake pressure slightly before the race, as I wasn't entirely happy with my set-up. BIG mistake, the extra weight of the fuel plus the brake pressure fried my tyres within three laps and I couldn't brake to save my life, I would just touch the pedal and it would lock up.

Moral is, if you have pole, you have a good setup - quit fixing what ain't broke! :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%