Tire Colour Picker 2.0

Misc Tire Colour Picker 2.0 1.0.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
davewilliams000 submitted a new resource:

AC TireColourPicker v1.0 (for Windows 10) - Allows you to copy tire textures to multiple car skins easily.

Disclaimer: This application has been developed as a Windows 10 desktop application (using the free Visual Studio 2017 community edition). I don't know if it will work on earlier versions as I haven't tested it on anything ,but my own Windows 10 PC.
View attachment 203873
I love driving formula cars in AC (particularly RSS Hybrid) but like to have the right tire colours on for the compound I'm using for that extra immersion. I've found this to be a...

Read more about this resource...

davewilliams000 updated Tire Colour Picker 2.0 with a new update entry:

Complete re-write for improved functionality

Major update: 20th April 2018 - New version completely re-written from scratch to bring much more functionality and ease of use.

Current supported car list: RSS Formula Hybrid 2017 (&S1), RSS Formula 2018 (&S1), RSS Formula 2.

New version has many added features:
  • Auto detection of AC install/cars folder for most situations
  • Automatically lists all compatible cars/skins within your AC installation
  • Automatically lists all compatible (by filename/type) tire packs...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the work but I got a error please help made a folder for the rar files and unzipped the 1k 2k 4k rars in to them but now it says Invalid root folder selected and number to there is no hybrid 2017 in the list I got all the rss content so that cant be the problem

Thanks for the work but I got a error please help made a folder for the rar files and unzipped the 1k 2k 4k rars in to them but now it says Invalid root folder selected and number to there is no hybrid 2017 in the list I got all the rss content so that cant be the problem
is it just the 2017 car that's missing or are non of them showing up? seems odd. I tested it on a clean machine with a fresh install of AC too.

for the tires is it showing you a folder list at all? if so you pick (in the case of my tires) the 1K or 2K folder etc not the '1. Pink hypersoft', etc or the folder that contains the 3 resolution folders. Propably could have explained it a bit better sorry!

if not then please post screenshots so I can see where it's going wrong. Thanks.

This is why it's a version 0.9 as there may be some teething troubles that I haven't foreseen :)

is it just the 2017 car that's missing or are non of them showing up? seems odd. I tested it on a clean machine with a fresh install of AC too.

for the tires is it showing you a folder list at all? if so you pick (in the case of my tires) the 1K or 2K folder etc not the '1. Pink hypersoft', etc or the folder that contains the 3 resolution folders. Propably could have explained it a bit better sorry!

if not then please post screenshots so I can see where it's going wrong. Thanks.
sorry the folder problem is solved it was my mistake and the 2018 hybrid and rss f2 are there but not the 2017 car. maybe its because I deleted the cars that don't fit the real rules so I deleted the normal 2017 hybrid and the s1 version of the 2018 car.

if this is the case I don't get it made the cars independent of the parent cars in cm

sorry the folder problem is solved it was my mistake and the 2018 hybrid and rss f2 are there but not the 2017 car. maybe its because I deleted the cars that don't fit the real rules so I deleted the normal 2017 hybrid and the s1 version of the 2018 car.

if this is the case I don't get it made the cars independent of the parent cars in cm
Phew had me worried about tires!

For the 2017 car they are separate cars so it should work. Did you change anything in the UI.json file for the car? It checks name, folder name, author and something else (can't remeber at the minute but the value is also 'Race Sim Studio'). There is a 'parent car' setting in the JSON but it doesn't check that.

Away from a pc just now so I can't check but if still an issue I'll try it with deleting the standard 2017 car later

@bob76 2017 S1 seems to be working OK here without the 'normal' 2017 car...
2017-1.PNG

2017-2.PNG

1st one is from my machine... as you can see I just cut the normal 2017 car folder out of the AC cars folder (on D drive) and pasted it to my desktop temporarily.
2nd one is from the Virtual Machine I used for some testing, with a clean install of windows, steam, AC and the 2017 car (on C drive). Did the same again and shows up ok. Both of these are running the exact same release version that you will have downloaded and was installed using the installer in the zip file.
It must be either the UI file that you've changed (with CM perhaps) or renamed the car's folder?

Here is the text out of the supported cars file which it checks against the values in ui_car.json - upper/lower case not relevant as all text from both sides is converted to upper case before a comparison is done:

"Brand": "Race Sim Studio",
"Year": "2017",
"Author": "Race Sim Studio",
"Version": "ALL",
"FolderName": "rss_formula_hybrid_2017_s1",
"Name": "Formula Hybrid 2017 S1",

Version 'ALL' means it ignores the version and accepts any version.

Hope this helps :)

Dave, the app crashes straight away after it says that it's searching for the AC location. When i click on the OK box, it crashes. My AC is not on the C-drive but on the D-drive. I'm running Windows 10.

Hmmmm.... I knew I should have built some kind of log functionality in to see what's happening in the event of an issue!
Is Steam installed on C drive and have a separate library folder on D with AC in? I did intend to test this configuration but it got missed.. should have done more testing! this is why it's version 0.9 to iron out bugs.

Hmmmm.... I knew I should have built some kind of log functionality in to see what's happening in the event of an issue!
Is Steam installed on C drive and have a separate library folder on D with AC in? I did intend to test this configuration but it got missed.. should have done more testing! this is why it's version 0.9 to iron out bugs.
I have the same problem, AC is in a separate library folder than steam and it also crashes when trying to find AC.

I have the same problem, AC is in a separate library folder than steam and it also crashes when trying to find AC.
Ok sorry guys I should have tested that scenario. I'll get on to it tomorrow. Is the 2nd library still e.g. D:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\ etc or a completely different folder?

It's probably as simple as it's not quite giving up when trying to find it in the main steam install.. supposed to ask to locate manually but not getting to that part for some reason.

I'll definitely have a look and fix it tomorrow. Can you tell me:

Do you have a libraryfolders.vdf file in \steamapps subfolder on C (inside main steam install).

I believe it should contain something like this e.g.:
"LibraryFolders"
{
"TimeNextStatsReport" "xxxxxxxxxxx"
"ContentStatsID" "xxxxxxxxxxx"
"1" "D:\\mygames"
}
and then in the folder specified (our folder on D:\) there will be a \steamapps subfolder containing some files with .acm extension, 1 of which will have 244210 in the file name (the steam content ID for Assetto Corsa).

This will really help me out I should then be able to get autodetect working for this configuration, but I will first look at why it doesn't give up and ask as it is now.

Edit: Had a quick look and it's trying to open a file that doesn't exist instead of checking it exists before trying to open it sorry! I'll post an update tomorrow to fix it (after more testing). If one of you can check your files as above for me I can get autodetect working in your setup too, and could maybe add a couple more cars... not sure which other ones have tire packs - there's a pack with different brands for the RSS GT cars I think maybe?

Ok sorry guys I should have tested that scenario. I'll get on to it tomorrow. Is the 2nd library still e.g. D:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\ etc or a completely different folder?

It's probably as simple as it's not quite giving up when trying to find it in the main steam install.. supposed to ask to locate manually but not getting to that part for some reason.

I'll definitely have a look and fix it tomorrow. Can you tell me:

Do you have a libraryfolders.vdf file in \steamapps subfolder on C (inside main steam install).

I believe it should contain something like this e.g.:
"LibraryFolders"
{
"TimeNextStatsReport" "xxxxxxxxxxx"
"ContentStatsID" "xxxxxxxxxxx"
"1" "D:\\mygames"
}
and then in the folder specified (our folder on D:\) there will be a \steamapps subfolder containing some files with .acm extension, 1 of which will have 244210 in the file name (the steam content ID for Assetto Corsa).

This will really help me out I should then be able to get autodetect working for this configuration, but I will first look at why it doesn't give up and ask as it is now.

Edit: Had a quick look and it's trying to open a file that doesn't exist instead of checking it exists before trying to open it sorry! I'll post an update tomorrow to fix it (after more testing). If one of you can check your files as above for me I can get autodetect working in your setup too, and could maybe add a couple more cars... not sure which other ones have tire packs - there's a pack with different brands for the RSS GT cars I think maybe?
This is the path to my AC folder H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa
Also I do have the ACF your talking about in the steamapps folder on my H drive
for the VDF file it says this
"LibraryFolders"
{
"TimeNextStatsReport" "1524360679"
"ContentStatsID" "2743221365801019663"
"1" "D:\\SteamLibrary"
"2" "G:\\SteamLibrary"
"3" "H:\\SteamLibrary"
}

This is the path to my AC folder H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa
Also I do have the ACF your talking about in the steamapps folder on my H drive
for the VDF file it says this
"LibraryFolders"
{
"TimeNextStatsReport" "1524360679"
"ContentStatsID" "2743221365801019663"
"1" "D:\\SteamLibrary"
"2" "G:\\SteamLibrary"
"3" "H:\\SteamLibrary"
}
Thanks I will try to do something tomorrow if I get time

davewilliams000 updated Tire Colour Picker 2.0 with a new update entry:

Crash fix when AC not in main steam folder & autodetection of AC from other library folders

IMPORTANT: You must uninstall the old version (0.9.1.0) using add/remove programs first before installing, as I corrected the file version (from 1.0) to match the actual version 0.9.2.0), otherwise the installer will think it is an older version and do nothing - this should not be required for future updates (I hope).

• Fixed issue where the app crashed/hung/did nothing if AC is not installed in the main Steam install...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks a lot! Only problem I see now is that if you change the brand and car name in content manager, the car doesnt show up in the app so I had to restore the original ui to see them. Thanks for the quick update though. :)
No probs. I had a little time tonight and got it fixed and by doing that made it easier to implement the better autodetection.

What did you change out of curiosity?

I thought it would be better to have more checks to be sure it's the right car. I guess I change it down to only look at folder name and author, as I don't imagine those would be changed by anyone.

:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back