Tips driving Porsche GT3 R (Challenger Pack)

I wanted to see if anyone had tips for driving the Porsche in the recently released Challenger pack and creating a setup. The primary problem I have is the rear trying to overtake the front under braking which is tearing up the rears, especially as I test the car around Silverstone. I am fairly new to Sim Racing as well as new to creating my own setups and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

My initial thought was to work with the differential, but unfortunately diff settings are fixed (with the exception of the steering range). I have tried altering the suspension playing with things like increasing front slow bump and decreasing front slow rebound, which helps a little, but does not do enough to help prevent excessive rear tire wear. Obviously this would come down to altering my driving style which around Silverstone is using a lot of trail braking through quite a large number of the corners, but I cannot seem to be as aggressive over prolonged periods of time with the Porsche than I can with say the Audi and especially the Mclaren. After two or three laps I no longer have confidence under braking as the rears just give way and next thing I know I am facing the wrong way.

The Porsche surely is the strongest in terms of cornering and braking. It's due to it's front/rear weight distribution. But it has it's downsides.
What you can try is softer rear springs and less bump damping/higher rebound damping.
Or you can simply use softer rear anti-roll bar or stiffer front anti-roll bar.
Probably a combination of all of these, depending on how much body roll is good for the track.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 189 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 248 13.6%