Timo Glock

I realised right now that there isn't a topic for him.

Timo Glock surely destroyed his career by having no patience in 2010. Do you agree? Do you have anything else to say about him?

Discuss.

Timo is a great guy and driver, I'm not sure he has destroyed his career. He had some good performances in the Marussia and that's quite remarkable in that car.

Tom Endres
I say that he was impatient because he had many chances for a Renault seat alongside Kubica, but decided to go to Virgin (currently Marussia), due to the doubts if Renault would be on the grid and he signed for them in November 2009 (very early). Anyway, it is your opinion and might be correct ;)

I love Glock and its a shame to see where he has been for the last three years. He has proved that he has talent when he was given a half-decent car - securing two podiums in 2009 was a good acheivement you have to say. He is quite level headed and consistent which makes him a good option for teams looking for another driver.

He must be desperate for a better drive - 3 years in a backmarker team with no points.

They already had a better car than Caterham for most of 2012, it was really just the lack of KERS that caused them to remain behind them. They're getting KERS for 2013, the partnership with McLaren is ramping up and Pat Symonds is finally allowed to work with them properly. Hence, I expect Glock to finally score some points and finish ahead of the Caterhams.
I'm a little worried about 2014 though. The transition to the new engines might be too expensive for the team to cope with (and since Cosworth will probably step out, they will need a new supplier).

They need to beat the other teams like the slowest established team before they can be satisfied. Beating Caterham is great but there´s no real progress since you are still on the backfoot compared to the established teams.
Hopefully they can leave that group though.

This seems kinda strange. He has a contract until 2014 so why would he agree to leave? I can't really imagine he's on the list for Force India. It's not just BILD putting out a fake story either because there are other, more serious news outfits supporting it.

The thing about DTM is pure speculation though, there is no evidence for it whatsoever. But okay, maybe it's true, I suppose he might prefer a shot at the DTM title rather than sitting at the back of the F1 grid forever.

I suppose this means Petrov goes to Marussia.

Bild says Glock goes to DTM. Interesting!

BILD isn't the most reliable source - it's on par with the SUN (UK), slightly worse. :p

Then again, it might even be true. Timo surely isn't happy being a backmarker (despite some pretty good performances for Virgin) after having had some success in his early years.

Linking it to the DTM tests of Kubica for Mercedes it doesn't sound weird to trade a backmarker in F1 for a top seat in the DTM really. Would be great for the series.

F1 drivers are ready in a vary different manner than unusual drivers. Like they wear the Hans in their Helmet which is integrated with it, Safety and cool suits, Neck Brace and their outfits are specially designed. That's so gorgeous to be a F1 Driver.

race gear

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years