F1 2011 Time Trials: Montreal, Canada

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
08_can_flag.jpg
CANADA - MONTREAL
montreal.jpg

Track maps courtesy of FIA website

Welcome to round 3 of RD F1 2011 Time Trials.

Andrew Bortz was the winner (again) last time out - so we are using the track of his choice - Montreal, Canada.

Slightly different format this season - every two weeks a new track will be decided.
This season, you must post both a wet and dry time for each circuit. (wet lost interest on it's own last season)
The winner will be determined by the average lap time of wet and dry combined.
The winner of each event gets to choose the next circuit.

Rules
You must not use any assists while setting your time.
For your time to be accepted, you must post a screenshot (PC) or photo (PS3, 360) of the leaderboard showing your lap time.
(this helps us verify no assists). This must be embedded in the forum post, no links (takes longer to check) We will not accept videos, for this same reason. Do not upload pictures to the forum, use flickr, photobucket etc.
Please also update your forum profile to include your gamertag.
When you post you time, please mention your platform, PC, PS3, 360.

Have fun, competition closes on Friday 4th November, 9pm GMT.

yeah i notice u get more traction with the rear cambers sitting straight instead of being negative. Bit odd, 2010 and other games have a diff handling, this answered my questions.

bring on Nurburgring! got my laptimes up already,

I tryed the last chicane now about 250 times and not one try was nearly at his speed. I loose always ~1 second only in this chicane and thats the only point where i loose. Thats a bit much, cause i tryed to cut as much as possible.

I tryed the last chicane now about 250 times and not one try was nearly at his speed. I loose always ~1 second only in this chicane and thats the only point where i loose. Thats a bit much, cause i tryed to cut as much as possible.

Well I cant really tell you what your doing wrong if you have done it that much, just out of interest which one are you trying to beat?

1 second loss makes me think that if your running the exact same setup that im using and your losing out in the last chicane then you should be losing out on the other 2 chicanes if you are then I would say its your wheel settings and your car is not responsive enough. If you have a G25/27 give my settings a shot in the media section might just gain you that second.

Other than that all I can say is keep on practicing and remember this is my ace track all my setup work was done here.

I make a vid this evening with the setup. Btw my time was 1.06.5
I tryed a lot of setups now, but I couldnt improve the steering. My Logitec-wheel is old and slightly defect , very old. I bought it 7 years ago, price was 35€.

Ok so ive watched your video and ive seen where you differ from my driving.

1. Your gear changes you arent getting right up to the limiter, remember the lower the gear you can use the faster the acceleration
2. Using too higher gear for most of the corners, check my video the lower gears also help your turning circle.
3. Your use of Kers should not be used in 7th gear you should use it between as soon as you hit 3rd gear and end 5th gear but try and split the use of it over 3-4 straightssomething like 20% at turn 7 20% at turn 9 and 40-50% at turn 10/11 and the remaining KERS at the start finish straight.
4. Dont restart your lap consistancy is the key.

Ill look at it again later but these came to mind straight away. the KERS note ive mentioned above should bring you up by an easy half a second maybe more.
5. You get a better feel for what the rear end of your car is doing in cockpit and you will notice that you can push harder on corner exits. T-cam doesn't give you much indication of an impending spin.

Another note is that my car looks to have awesome grip because its in cockpit view and also the sound doesnt quite match the video its about 1-2/10ths behind making corners look like I brake much later than I do.

Try the cockpit, ive not tried that view to be honest but I cant imagine feeling the rear end snapping in that view good to see that theres been alot of improvement already.

I didnt check the KERS but since your ghost is ahead of me up until the last chicane I take my hat off to you, you must of been flying.

Keep it up give the behind the steering wheel view a try you will find extra time and be able to push through the corner exits more as long as you use all of the track avaliable.

thx m8, but you did a great job during your lap and the last chicane is a part of it :) To be honest, I tryed the cockpit view but I really hated the angle.
My wife and child will come back in the next days, I have to shorten my time in F1 then a bit.

Since the patch is coming out monday...and COdies are also wiping the Leaderboards out clean....can we have a reset on the Time Trials here? start off fresh, maybe after the 11-11 fix we can have more ppl closing in the gap on the alien lap times.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%