F1 2010 Time Trial Week #9 Hungaroring, Budapest (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz

Hey everyone,

This post is unofficial and the track may turn out not to be the one we get to race hopefully if it is then Anthony can merge it with his own official topic.

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Budapest (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 3rd January at 9pm (UK Time) (Unconfirmed)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3​

I dont have this game installed anymore, went over to a sim where I have a blast =)

Just popped by to see how you guys were doing.

Here's my christmas time trial addition:

Merry christmas and a very fantastic new year to everyone in F1 2010!

Hello, I hope it is cuz I drove it tonight for some laps. I tried both setups, evileyezz and bram's. The best I could muster was 1:17.977 with Bram's setup. With more practice I'm hoping I can bring it down.

Bpest.jpg

Yeah, I should be ahead of those guys with the same time as me since I don't have any assists, that's bull! If I can lower my times below 1:17.2, I'll hit the top 100. I'm hooking up a Buttkicker to my Playseat tomorrow, hopefully it will help me out. Check the top times on PS3, what a shame with the top guys using assists.
topbuda.jpg

@Tomas - Nice to see you back. :)

Soooo, some idiot said he would be much faster with a steering wheel and pedals..... Ah, it was me..... Here's what I can do with them.....

http://tinypic.com/r/5wgeu8/7

You guys will be so jealous of my racing set up though.....

http://i53.tinypic.com/f1i3w8.jpg

@Ramon - it is a shame, XBox is the same, at least on this track there is a non-assist time in the top 10 though, it was 25th for a wet Singapore lap.

http://i56.tinypic.com/mb7gnb.jpg

Back to the wheel then, I got the Madcatz MC2 Microcon for £35 (Santa was skint this year apparently), to be fair, for the money it feels fairly decent, I've only had an hour out of it so far but the two main disappointments are:

1) Those retractable leg hooks that are meant to fit it to your lap have got no chance of going round me. I'm not exactly massive, 6ft and 15st but the weight is mainly in the beer gut (solid muscle), most people think I'm nearer to 13st. Muscle is heavier than fat after all. :tongue:
I haven't checked yet but I doubt they'd fit round my 14 yr old son either.
Edit: My son just tried it out, it fits but with nothing to spare and I know he's the smallest of his friends but in his opinion he's a little smaller than average for his year in school, I should also point out that he's only a month away from 15 and one of the youngest in his year at school.

2) The suckers on the wheel don't work at all and the grips on the bottom of the pedals are no good on laminate flooring. I'm hoping the suckers can be bent into shape a bit at least and as you can see from the photo above I have jammed the pedals up against a small table. It would be better if the front edge of the pedal holder was square though, it's round so it still slides about a bit even while I'm trying to jam it in with my left foot.

3) I know I said two things but I just thought of a third.... For the money the wheel, and pedals especially, seem really good value for money with one exception, the flappy paddles feel like an afterthought, cheap, flimsy, etc. They do work though so I won't complain for now. If it packs in as quickly as Mike's did Argos will hear me.

Do I want to admit my lap time so far.... No, but I will. I know I could go faster with the controller just because I'm not used to the wheel yet but I can already see the benefit, particularly the pedals. I'm on a 1:23.571 just now, that's with the standard Andrew Bortz set up (Speed, Speed, SPEED!!!!) with no changes to it but I'm not near the stage where I'm stuck yet.

Happy racing guys, I should be putting in a few laps on Thurs but other than that, if you don't hear from me have a great New Year.

@graham - amazing stuffs posted there..
but no will actually beat my racing setup for sure..

1.23 with the wheel on the first day is brilliant..
i believe i was in the 1.19.. anyway keep the wheels rolling and u will get there soon..

nice to see you participating this david..
yeah we had suggest to anthony earlier about having two boards.. but i guess he is busy at the moment..
i haven't played f12010 for a while now.. and last night wanted to give it a go since i got my net working.. and i was all over the place.. haha..

@Graham, stick with it an I assure u u'll see a big improvement, I had to laugh at yr post, u must some beefy thighs if u can't fit it over em lol, a long story short, I took mine back tday an got a replacement, I've managed to sort the MS wheel out but broken paddles mean I can only go auto so no good for our TTs. So just did a few laps an got into the 1.19s (just) my auto 1.19.477 an i know I'm faster wit manual gears (who'd have thought a few wks ago) so will hopefully replace tht time tnte. Btw u forgot in yr micro wheel review to mention the god awful stink left on yr hands after using it, I'm definately goin over to PS3 next year wen my gold membership expires due to the lack of a decent (affordable) wheel on xbox, I'm now goin to focus on a more permanent set up for wheel an peddles as it makes a huge difference having the wheel an peddles anchored properly, so stick with it !!

ok heres my time for now, can go quicker but feel terrible atm so will have to do for now 1:17.113

Oh yeah quoting an earlier post I did it with my speed, Speed, SPEED!!! setup.

Attachments

• Budapest Dry.jpg
    Budapest Dry.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 285
Nice time Andrew.

@Mike - My Live membership runs out on Saturday..... and my son got a PS3 for Xmas, he got GT5 with it but doesn't like racing games much so I may have to buy my own wheel for it haha. I'll probably stick with the Xbox though, most of my friends have Xboxes rather than PS3, as for the PC, it has one main use and it's not games. :tongue:

@Graham, the PS3 Xmas pressie move is a stroke of genius lol, if i wr u i would deffo get a logitech wheel for it an just TT on it, i'm screwed as i only got a new xbox (the Halo Reach limited edition) a couple of months ago an gave the other xb to my son, b4 i realised how dire the wheel situation for em was, an a 14 month Gold thing so cant justify/afford the PS3 + wheel atm, but will get it next autumn, my lil wheel is holding up tho lol, but had a few to many vodka an red bulls to (wr r my frickin wings lol) best my time tnte, PS i thought about goin to PC but i've got an imac so dont think its an option,

Hi guys, I'm back.... been longer than expected but good to see another time trial in progress. I'll grab some laps tonight now that I've got my house back.
@graham welcome to the MC2 club ; ) to be honest I find the little leg flaps perfect and haven't even tried the suckers yet.

@mike glad you got your wheel replaced... to be honest mine threw a wobbly after christmas and started pulling to the right so I took it back for a replacement..... that was even worse and am now on number 3 so hope that's the end of my troubles!!!

Having major issues with ghost laps though. My Singapore ghost failed to load at the last tt and now doing some practice for my career race in Turkey I find that that ghost lap also fails. To top it off I beat my best time there by 1.2 seconds (moving ahead of you Mike ;)...) only to find it hasn't updated it :$ Anyone have any suggestions about this on the xbox??

Had a little go earlier for 10 mins I can barely hold the steering wheel steady now since falling ill on Monday, top tip for losing weight come and take it off me 10lbs in 4 days.

Anyway mustn't complain here is my new time 1:16.772

Attachments

• Budapest Dry.jpg
    Budapest Dry.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 243
@Graham, ......had a few to many vodka an red bulls to (wr r my frickin wings lol) best my time tnte, PS i thought about goin to PC but i've got an imac so dont think its an option,

Didn't you see my video, I got you're wings!!!!!! lol
And having spent 5 years working with Macs my only question is WHY!!!!! Just kidding, I did like them, more OS 9.2.2 and before though, OSx just means you have a Linux PC really.
Oh, forgot to mention before, can't see a problem with the smell from my wheel, a bit rubbery but not affecting my hands, maybe the vodka masks it. :tongue:

@graham welcome to the MC2 club ; ) to be honest I find the little leg flaps perfect and haven't even tried the suckers yet.

Having major issues with ghost laps though. My Singapore ghost failed to load at the last tt and now doing some practice for my career race in Turkey I find that that ghost lap also fails. To top it off I beat my best time there by 1.2 seconds (moving ahead of you Mike ;)...) only to find it hasn't updated it :$ Anyone have any suggestions about this on the xbox??

Firstly, apologies for missing the message you sent me on the 24th, saw it an hour ago....
Secondly, put some weight on you little runt. ;>
I had a problem loading ghosts one night but as far as I can tell either restarting or just waiting fixed it cos it hasn't happened since.... And I have my Wife on farmville, 2 phones, Daughter on DSi and Son on PS3 so connection doesn't seem to affect it. Loving the wheel even though I'm rubbish, get a time in on Budapest, Mike has me hammered by over 3 secs just now.

Chris, Andrew, you guys are machines, good going.

HELLLLLLPl, Just done a 118 7?? an paused it at the end of the straight, would like to be able to record it on my iphone an upload it to youtube or tinypic as did Graham, thing is i'm about 90+ laps in, (well this session lol) i tried to see if i could rewind earlier but had no idea wr the lap i wanted was !!! (i did it by the "replay lap" choice, if it helps, i dont think it was tht many laps since i went to garage & changed a thing or 2 ! So guys, can anyone help or point me direction of a post tht can explain !

@Graham, i only saw yr vid b4, i couldn't view the it on my iphone cos of frickin flashplayer thing Grrrr, but may i say wot a graceful flip, a 10 for the landing too lol, why dont u give my set up a go as it wont hurt to try different ones (i try all the aero setting from "fast fast fast" to slow slow slow an in between lol, my style means i prefer grip grip grip so avoid the really low ones, only a suggestion, oh an a BIG difference after i changed settings on the wheel ! good luck

@ MC Hammer lol, good to have ya back m8y, i can sense the relief here from u lol, hope its 3rd time lucky for yr wheel, mine is holding up well 118. 7?? in fact !!!! pain in the ass losin yr time like tht, really annoying

@Chris & Andrew i've just 2 words for u, Drug Test LMAO Gr8 times

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years