F1 2010 Time Trial Week #8 Marina Bay, Singapore (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz
Hey everyone,

This post is unofficial and the track may turn out not to be the one we get to race hopefully if it is then Anthony can merge it with his own official topic.

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Marina Bay (Wet)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Friday next at 9pm (UK Time) (Unconfirmed)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

lolz..
un-humanly or not humanly doesn't imply that you cheat.. it just simply implies that your name should be changed to Andrew BOT
1.8 GB.. lolz.. giving youtube a hard time i see..

black screens only appear if you after starting you TT.. u have restarted or gone back to garage or something of tat sort..

Im getting to the end of my tether here last night I managed to record no problem with fraps (but with bad times), now all of a sudden as soon as I get a decent lap time the video is jumping back and forwards the entire way through, 1:41.661 took me a ton of attempts to get a replay that would work to start off with and when I did this lap and the replay actually wasnt black I nearly fell off my chair only to find its stuttering, ill give it a few more attempts but to say the least beating that time is now gonna be really really hard.

(Edit) done a ton more laps got a 1:41.460 video popped up fine and now fraps wont start recording so im about to do a system reboot and go yet again, I will get a replay even if it takes me all night.

(Edit Edit) Ok ive officially given up if anyone wants me to upload this stuttery lap I will do so but its gonna come with an epilepsy warning.

Andrew u have as much luck wit yr fraps as i do wit steering wheels lol,
@Fahad, i watched yr promo vid earlier, looks a hoot, an very well done !

F1 2010 Singapore Wet 1:41.596 is the title 330 mins left until its uploaded. so no point trying before then :p and sorry fahad for assuming the worst as I tend to think of the same thing on other games when things are out of my reach, especially if the person is having problems like me posting proof, so for the second time in 1 thread apologies.

If all else fails you guys should come round my house for christmas and ill show you :)

lolz thanks for the offer andrew.. if you provide me air fair i will surely come down there.. hehe..
would be nice to get outta this place for a couple of days..

as for the lap time.. with default setup i managed a 1.45.. and i knew that i was easily 2~3 off the pace that i could set.. but just was too annoyed with the condition.. and im now really busy with our league here.. so no time to play F12010.. i haven't been online too for sometime now..

Andrew, you should encode these vids to reduce the size, 1.8 gigs?? you're just uploading the raw fraps avi file I imagine. Grab vitrualdub or megui (thats what i use) and compress it. When I make hotlap vids they don't exceed 200mb at the very maximum.

About the 'human' thing: your lap times do seem 'inhuman' but ofc by no means do I imply there that you are somehow cheating, it's just hard to imagine for lesser skilled drivers like myself how you can be a full 5 secs faster per lap lol. Tried to race your ghost but can't keep up at all to see how u did it hehe.

OK guys well I finally got a few laps last night but very frustratingly no improvement. The time is definitely there for me and I had a batch of laps where I was on target for a 1:49 but always made that one fatal error which cost me the 'invalidated lap' message!!! Had another half a dozen this morning before work but still no joy… I was using your ghost Mike and three times was ahead into the final sector but just couldn’t quite hold it together. Ah well.. that's my lot for this trial unfortunately…. by the time I get home the house will be full and that'll be bye-bye F1 2010 for a few days. Good luck to whoever is still managing to get some laps in.. and hope to see you have cracked the 1:49's Graham when I next check in :)

I'll actually still go back to this track when I next get on even though the TT will be over for it…. I am determined to break that 1:50 barrier before moving on *lol*

Look forward to the next one and eagerly anticipating which track it will be… oh and of course I have my much neglected career to continue as well.. left the poor guys waiting in the garage for qualifying to start.. suppose I should have told them to pack up for Christmas shouldn’t I ;)

Anyway, just leaves me to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas to you and yours. Hope you all have a brilliant time, have plenty to drink and still have hangovers by the time the next TT starts so I can have a chance :)

Take care all.. I'll maybe pop on here over the next couple of days but if not I'll cya on the other side!!

@Hammer yr post has got me all emotional lol, glad to hear yr goin to keep at it u WILL get in the 140s, as u said u wr ahead into the last sector of my ghost it may be u need a tad more downforce as it's all tight corners or, in my case, I jus needed to chill out a bit as the anticipation of beating yr target forces the mistake ! I also found I got into a habit of takin each corner the same way wen a different entry angle or braking point was better (I'd always experiment on an invalid lap so as not to lose interest lol) anyway, enjoy yr Xmas an company an look forward to the year ahead racing u, an all my racing buddies on here in 2011 ! Hopefully this will be the last sober post I'll make for a while lol

ok here it is havent viewed it myself on youtube so may be lagging

(edit) Yup for me it lags like mad if its not with others please say so, so then I wont mind recording like this all the time.

Attachments

• Marina Bay Wet.jpg
    Marina Bay Wet.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 226
Ok i'm in the middle of an epilectic fit typing this after watchin yr vid lol, Andrew its much better in the cockpit view an congrats on a stonking lap m8, i'm not long up !!!! so im calling it quits on 149.697. i guess i have u to thank Andrew for making us do another wet lap as i've learnt so much more about setting up my car an also which car (the Ferrari is best for me in the wet) Well done to all who puts up a time an i REALLY enjoyed my 3 way battle wit Hammer & Nail...... i mean Graham lol, NEXT PLZ

@Andrew - Superb lap, what's all this about fits, looked fine to me..... I have just finished a bottle of Vodka though. :)

@Hammerpgh - Didn't get another chance today but like you I may have a go this week, I know I can get below 1:50, I just haven't done it yet, played for an hour last night and was getting close but then the wife walked in.... Nuff said.

@Mike - Nice one getting below 1:50, my steering wheel's on the way, roll on Budapest. lol.

@Chris - Well done beating BanjoJamboree or whatever his name was, I'll send a friend request and race your ghost if you accept.

@everyone - From now on can we please all take a breath and think about what someone might have meant when they typed a post. I'm not having a go at anyone, I just know that from this type of communication it's easy to get the wrong idea, I've been on both sides many times. Without facial expression or tone of voice (not to mention the language barrier, not everyone speaks English as a first language) and with the odd typo it's easy to take something someone says the wrong way. You're all a good bunch of guys and it would be sad to see these threads go sour over a misunderstanding. Nuff of the drunken speak, fae us an' oors tae you an yours, have a good Xmas and a great New Year. See you in Budapest..... Can't remember if I've done that yet, at least it isn't Istanbul though. :)

@Andrew - My Xmas schedule is packed but if you're anywhere near Livingston I would manage round to see your lap next month..... I'll bring the beer. :)

Ok before I start reformatting ive just done a few more laps round singapore to get you a decent video, done with camera again but this time looks like it should be better quality and positioning. (Its a 1:41 lap time)

I tried the highest downforce setup that the engineer suggests and was immediately doing your 1:50's within 5 laps was down to 1:44/1:45 but I can see why no one would have bothered to race my ghost as by the time your out of sector 1 im long gone.

So my suggestion to all would be to ditch engineers or any high downforce and tip toe round every corner oh and with my setup as pointed out by fahad engine is actually working as standard for some reason, tried putting it on fast while driving and the rear wheels just spin up on pretty much every corner losing me about 3/10ths every time (not to mention the skating ring it creates when braking), cruise mode just doesnt cut it either to slow on the straights.

Video to follow maybe today, probably tomorrow.

Well done everyone one your laps regardless of the time achieved. Would be good to see the final times posted tho. Anyone git any objections to my doing this from the next round?

@Mike I'm with you our little three way battle does add some incentive: )

@Andrew You were going to post your lap, would still like to see it if possible.

Looking forward to Budapest now..... a bit late on it after the holidays but I'll get some laps in for sure: )

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%