F1 2010 Time Trial Week #8 Marina Bay, Singapore (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz
Hey everyone,

This post is unofficial and the track may turn out not to be the one we get to race hopefully if it is then Anthony can merge it with his own official topic.

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Marina Bay (Wet)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Friday next at 9pm (UK Time) (Unconfirmed)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

Very nice lap Fahad.

I'm down to 1:52.260, targeting sub 1:50 and I know I can do it. I'm racing the fastest non-assist on Xbox as well as a 1:48. I can beat the 1:48 and be right on the tail of the fastest until about halfway through the second sector..... The really sharp left hander after the 3 quick corners, after that I lose loads of time. Anyone willing to share a setup? I'm using the standard wet set up with a couple of minor tweaks, I noticed you're using 7th gear Fahad so obviously different from mine, I never get that fast.

Meanwhile, here's how to invalidate a lap in style. The two images are all the same crash and the video is a separate one.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2h31qtv.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/20gcwti.jpg

http://tinypic.com/r/2sb60k7/7

Apologies for the video quality, my phone limits the time for anything better. The car is off the ground for about 270 degrees.
Love the flying McLaren pics, can't see the video yet as the wifes on the laptop so on here on my portable device and it doesn't support the flash version required for that video.
Looks like you're getting away from me, here *lol* Had no chance to get back to the track since my first attempt...... step-daughter and grand-daughter been here all weekend so the tv has been dominated by others. Hopefully will get an hour or so tonight though, definitely need the practice. Hopefully I will close the gap to you and be somewhere in your mirrors by the end of the night; )

Had no chance to get back to the track since my first attempt...... step-daughter and grand-daughter been here all weekend so the tv has been dominated by others. Hopefully will get an hour or so tonight though, definitely need the practice. Hopefully I will close the gap to you and be somewhere in your mirrors by the end of the night; )

LOL same here, got my two, boy 14, girl 12, so I get no chance wit mac, xbox or tv lol, will be seein if I can get a few laps in tnte, @Graham, any joy wit the set up ? I'm the same, couple of tweaks on full wet set up !

I'm sure you guys will catch me with a little practice, I've been playing a LOT! I have 3 kids (boy 14, girls 9 & 3) but I've been lucky enough to be able to get a bit of time in over the last two days. My youngest was actually climbing on me for the last two corners of my best lap, I had to apologise for snapping at her.

I must admit I groaned at another wet lap at first but I'm really enjoying this one, somehow doesn't seem anywhere near as hard as Melbourne. My wife (Santa) couldn't get me the Argos wheel, sold out, so I'll be driving around on boxing day looking for one. She (Santa) turned her nose up at £120 for the Madcatz in Game but I might still get one anyway. lol

@Mike - Still using the same setup, basically the standard wet one but with fast engine, I may also have moved the ballast and brake distribution as well..... and I always go with small, high pressure brakes..... Always being the week and a half I've been on this forum.

Well finally managed a quick stint and got within 3 tenths of you Graham. Used your ghost and found it a real incentive.. had a couple of laps where I thought I had you but one mistake is all it takes and its gone!!! Anyway really happy with dropping 5 seconds in that session. Took a break to wrap some pressies and watch some NFL then had another bash. You were generally quicker than me in sector 1, especially turns 3 and 4 but the second sector I tended to make up some time, particularly the chicane (turns 7 and 8 I think), but I kept screwing it up at the hairpin.. doh!!! Anyway, made a couple of quick setup changes, moving the balance one notch to the front and dropped the front ride height by 2 points. And then went out again. Same story... very close on a few occassions but just making one crucial misjudgement before finally nailng one and putting in a 1:51.428. It was the chicane again that did it for me.... you were fractionally ahead up to that point but I went through there better, nailed the next one and the hairpin and held it together through the remainder of the lap to take you by 8 tenths: ) Almost messed it up though as I mis-shifted for the last turn and lost time so I know there's more possible for me yet..... Looking forward to your next update.
Mike what you on now??

Just finished work had to destress a little lucky for me I have no kids finally put in a few non invalidated laps so my time stands at 1:42.111

@sher not sure what setup your running but im hurting you on the straights big time so if your able to to get more top end speed out your shouldnt have to much trouble pulling the time back.

Attachments

• Marina Bay Wet.jpg
    Marina Bay Wet.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 446
Just finished work had to destress a little lucky for me I have no kids finally put in a few non invalidated laps so my time stands at 1:42.111

@sher not sure what setup your running but im hurting you on the straights big time so if your able to to get more top end speed out your shouldnt have to much trouble pulling the time back.
@Andrew.... 1:42!!!!! That's amazing, would love to see a video of that lap and any chance of sharing your setup. Probably won't be something that I am capable of using but would ike to know,what you are running. I just tip my hat to you quick guys as I cannot see where I could gain 10 seconds from when I already feel on the limit....

@Graham - dude.. i didnt even do a lap thats anywhere close to being perfect.. just loaded up the game.. select the quickest setup.. and gave it a track.. didnt try the track before yesterday.. and was so annoyed that only did only 6 laps.. the only purpose of the video was to probably help ppl.. but i guess you can get even better help if the top guys posted their vids..
i really haven't been having too much time of late.. got a rfactor league here.. and im learning to drive F1 car there.. and its so darn difficult.. nothing close to this..

maybe if i have time.. i will try to do few more laps tonight..

@shex, andrew, szisiz - rocking laps...

Wrote a reply last nte wen I came to bed with @s for Graham, Hammer, Andrew an Fahad, fell asleep, just pressed wrong button an lost my reply !!! can't rewrite it all again so until I get access to my pooter (after my lil dudes go home lol) I'll just say well done all, shaping up to be an exciting end, which is when ? as we started this one 3 days late ! Anyone hear how Anthony is ? will get a good stint in tnte !

@Mike comp finishes friday 9pm as we started it at friday 9.15pm

I will try to get a video out there again it will be better quality this time though :p If I could do it with fraps without the stuttering on playback id be chuffed.

setup is as follows and is by no means decent im getting a massive amount of understeer in corners combined with massive amounts of oversteer on kerbs. Im going to try and eliminate these problems this morning before work.

(Edit) Well I tried eliminating the understeer but all my results are coming back about high 1:42s (although more stable) so went back to old setup for now, will have another go later at doing something or other, and ill get a video posted later in the next 24 hours I hope im off to work so all have fun at beating new time of 1:41.885 done with the setup below.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox

Gear 1: 145 kph / 90 mph
Gear 2: 179 kph / 111 mph
Gear 3: 211 kph / 131 mph
Gear 4: 244 kph / 152 mph
Gear 5: 280 kph / 174 mph
Gear 6: 316 kph / 196 mph
Gear 7: 362 kph / 225 mph

Engine

Throttle map: fast
Fuel: n/a

Alignment

Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.05
Toe rear: 0.35

1/1 for the front \ rear wing!!! Oh boy I don't think I could go anywhere but straight with that *lol*

If I get a chance over the next day or two I will try that out though just to see.. may not be able to get on until tomorrow evening now though as working all day today, out with a mate for a Christmas get-together tonight and doubt very much that I will get any laps in after that.. well, at least not any that will not involve copious amounts of wall hugging anyway... hey who said what's new ;)

Good luck all...

@Graham - dude.. i didnt even do a lap thats anywhere close to being perfect.. just loaded up the game.. select the quickest setup.. and gave it a track.. didnt try the track before yesterday.. and was so annoyed that only did only 6 laps..

..... and still got 7th on the leaderboard, 4 of you in the top 10 on PC, very nice going.

@Hammerpgh - I know I'm slow from the chicane onwards, particularly at the hairpin, more practice tonight and hopefully I'll claw back those 8 tenths.

@Andrew - Is that just pretty much a dry set up? Looks to be the same as the one you used in the Lotus at Melbourne, maybe different gears and alignment though. I'll need to give it a try later but like Hammerpgh, I doubt I'll make it round any corners.

i just tried your setup andrew...works better than expected, thanks for sharing
but today is not my day...im stuck at low 1:43s and can't think of going anywhere near 1:41
will try it again tomorrow

yeah theres a bit of tweaking i havent done like 7th gear is to high only get through about half the rev range, have been thinking about it all day while driving (its the only thing keeping me awake behind the wheel) reckon a high 1:40 should be possible.

had an hour to spare, was bored so figured i'd give this another shot: just barely squeezed into the PC top 10: 1.46.549

marinaybay.png

Insane lap times at the top guys, loaded up your ghost to see how you did it, but lost y'all already by the first sector lol.

Haha, I should have thought of something like that when I posted them.

So, last night I tried out Andrew's set up and, as expected, didn't make it round the first corner. I persevered though and within 20 mins I knocked 2 seconds off my best time. I'm a bit too aggressive for that set up though, I didn't get another valid lap in over an hour. There's plenty more time to take off if I can just calm myself down. I think I can get to about 1:46 it's tricky because the braking points have all changed but I reckon I can get there by Friday night. Thanks Andrew.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back