F1 2010 Time Trial Week #8 Marina Bay, Singapore (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz
Hey everyone,

This post is unofficial and the track may turn out not to be the one we get to race hopefully if it is then Anthony can merge it with his own official topic.

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Marina Bay (Wet)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Friday next at 9pm (UK Time) (Unconfirmed)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

Well you guys never know Anthony may not be up for winner choses next track so this may be all for nothing, im not sure why a fair few of you are annoyed about it being a wet track since its you guys who want the winner picks next.

However next time (if) I win one ill pick a nice simple one.

p.s Hammer only 2/10ths behind now

I can only speak for myself but i find your comment 'However next time (if) I win one ill pick a nice simple one.' really insulting !!!!! just because you are better than most in the rain (and dry) DOESN'T mean the rest of us need your insulting offer of a nice simple one ! i personally am relatively new to F1 2010 so am already at a disadvantage by havin to learn most tracks as well as learnin to drive without assists, i'm happy to do this as it's not only the rules but it's helping me become a better racer an have more of an understanding of how to set up my own car which i'm enjoying, just because i prefer a dry track to a wet one hasn't got me "annoyed" about your choice as the TT comp needs to be balanced, it's just that i find learnin a new track hard enough without the added difficulty of learnin it in the wet an so chose to say so rather than appear to be blanking it because it wasn't an official TT !

Well you guys never know Anthony may not be up for winner choses next track so this may be all for nothing, im not sure why a fair few of you are annoyed about it being a wet track since its you guys who want the winner picks next.

However next time (if) I win one ill pick a nice simple one.

p.s Hammer only 2/10ths behind now
Happy for the winner to choose whatever he wants... wet, dry, heck with the weather we have now and with a Russian GP on the cards how about snow ; )

2/10ths behind I thought you were about half a lap in front *lol*

I can only speak for myself but i find your comment 'However next time (if) I win one ill pick a nice simple one.' really insulting !!!!! just because you are better than most in the rain (and dry) DOESN'T mean the rest of us need your insulting offer of a nice simple one ! i personally am relatively new to F1 2010 so am already at a disadvantage by havin to learn most tracks as well as learnin to drive without assists, i'm happy to do this as it's not only the rules but it's helping me become a better racer an have more of an understanding of how to set up my own car which i'm enjoying, just because i prefer a dry track to a wet one hasn't got me "annoyed" about your choice as the TT comp needs to be balanced, it's just that i find learnin a new track hard enough without the added difficulty of learnin it in the wet an so chose to say so rather than appear to be blanking it because it wasn't an official TT !

Mike the way I typed it wasnt the way it was meant to be taken that was at like 2am in the morning after a long day of struggling with a coach through the snow, im sorry if it sounded the way it did but what it should of read was "a nice dry one" as you have pointed out I find dry simple although like you and probably most others I only know tracks from a tv perspective (except Melbourne because it was the starting track for F1 2002).

Again apologies alround for my wrong chosing of words.

Nice laps guys.

@Hammerpgh - You were 1.5 secs faster than me but I've just pipped you by a second. Good to have someone around the same ability to compete with. :)
Nice one, looks like I'm going to have to go on tonight sometime to see if I can get that second back. Like you it's good to have somone around on the same piece of track ; ) I know one corner alone that I can make up a lot of time.... any idea what you think is the best you could hope for here?

@ Andrew, apology accepted an appreciated, sorry to hear u had a crappy day an hope things have mellowed for ya, it'd been a stressful one for me to as the wheel my m8 had lent me decided to go nuts which, long story short, meant i had to get the last madcatz micro wheel from argos today ! so accept mt apologies if i came across as a bit delicate an precious lol, lets just put it down to our "time of the month" lmao, anyway now that i have a (comical) wheel that actually works i'm gona put some time in @ the soggy marina bay an see what i can muster !

@ Graham an Hammer, looks like i'm joining your lil battle !!!!!

@ Andrew, apology accepted an appreciated, sorry to hear u had a crappy day an hope things have mellowed for ya, it'd been a stressful one for me to as the wheel my m8 had lent me decided to go nuts which, long story short, meant i had to get the last madcatz micro wheel from argos today ! so accept mt apologies if i came across as a bit delicate an precious lol, lets just put it down to our "time of the month" lmao, anyway now that i have a (comical) wheel that actually works i'm gona put some time in @ the soggy marina bay an see what i can muster !

@ Graham an Hammer, looks like i'm joining your lil battle !!!!!
Welcome aboard Mike, the more the merrier at our end of the field. Let me know how you find the Madcatz wheel too.

Cheers M8, its workin which after the hassles of the MS is a heeeuge bonus ! wen i got it home an opened the box i just laughed as it's soooooo tiny lol, its gona take a bit to get use to but all in all i'm really glad i got it an will give it to my boy wen i get a better one, so thanx, as it was u sayin u had one etc, that convinced me to get it,

@Mike na you didnt come across bad at all, at first I was a bit upset about it until I saw what I had written then I total saw your point. Its not that driving in the snow for ages is stressful, I really enjoy it, it just takes alot of energy to do it for so long, same story today roads are a nightmare cars doing 20mph me overtaking left right and center basically practicing racing lines through the night :p and of course the perfect overtaking manouvers on cars.

Very nice lap Fahad.

I'm down to 1:52.260, targeting sub 1:50 and I know I can do it. I'm racing the fastest non-assist on Xbox as well as a 1:48. I can beat the 1:48 and be right on the tail of the fastest until about halfway through the second sector..... The really sharp left hander after the 3 quick corners, after that I lose loads of time. Anyone willing to share a setup? I'm using the standard wet set up with a couple of minor tweaks, I noticed you're using 7th gear Fahad so obviously different from mine, I never get that fast.

Meanwhile, here's how to invalidate a lap in style. The two images are all the same crash and the video is a separate one.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2h31qtv.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/20gcwti.jpg

http://tinypic.com/r/2sb60k7/7

Apologies for the video quality, my phone limits the time for anything better. The car is off the ground for about 270 degrees.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back