F1 2010 Time Trial Week #6 Silverstone, England (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
6dquty.jpg

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Silverstone (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Tuesday next at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual/Auto

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

Sorry bout the delay guys i have been bogged down in work and the laptop hasnt been on as much as usual also have some good ideas suggested to me by a friend will let you know when they will be taking place and so on cheers for your patient guys really sorry bout the delay too apologies

nice one.. haven't had the time to give it a go..

btw, I was thinking, maybe we change the rules a bit and allow assists. We might then have more people participating in the competition.

what do you guys think??

and i dont see an assist being an advantage.. since people without assist feel that we can drive faster without any aids.. so maybe a change in rules

Thanks guys. =)

I'm fine with any assists except TC. The reason being it becomes a totally different game, and both doesnt belong in the same competition imo. Theres nothing wrong driving with TC though, but it's an easier way that demands less, more casual approach to be competetive.
You become much more consistent with TC, and it's easier to nail that perfect lap within much fewer laps, than to nail a lap without TC. Disallowing TC is the easiest and most effective way to promote and encourage skill for the win as I see it, especially in these games where we see lacking physics not giving a disadvantage at all to auto gearbox, TC, different aids and so on. I'm not sure exactly how F1 2010 works yet, but I know from other games that assists does not generally slow you down or work like they should in a sim, when youre racing an arcade game made to make people be able to compete with everyone, it's a strange formula as a basis for true competition.

Well, here's a first time TT participant ;)

think it's best to stick to the no assists rule, TT is 'arcadey' enough already. I guess TCS for non wheel users would be ok, but the other assists would be silly, esp racing line and stuf.

Here's my lap at silverstone. Havent really trained on it a lot, so I know there's definately room for improvement p35 iirc on leaderboards

yeah i reckon the rules should stay the same and have no assists but i do understand what you guys are talking about there a very few numbers on this weeks time trial maybe after the new year i might review it and try something new ill have a think on it

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 211 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%