F1 2010 Time Trial Week #4 Catalunya, Spain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
6dquty.jpg
Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Catalunya (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Sunday next at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual/Auto

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

I did a 116.683 with normal start. However, in the last sector you can only win tenths by going a bit over the curbs. Thats a pity. I made a mistake again in last chicane, almost spun out. 116,4 or 5 is very doable.

Had to show 2 laps to show the no assist menu. I wish I drove the last chicane of the 2nd lap also on the 1st lap.

btw, tomas.. member that offline wdc thing i was talking about.. im almost done making a ladder script for f12010.. it should be up very soon.. so there we can challenge each other and maintain ranking.. but i was thinking over the rules.. and i thought i would allow all assists to attract a larger crowd..

That is what usually happens in competitions in these kinds of games. To attract more people.
But for me at least, I would like to see the online leaderboards devided between assists and no assists. But maybe here, since we have some amazing racers.. we could award bonus points for no assists maybe? Or would that take away the purpose?
I dont really care if I get beaten big time by Alex or some amazing driver without assists, but if I lose because someone uses TC and need less practice it's not so fun.
But I will accept what is decided by you guys off course.

I think participants always earns two points, to motivate people. (it's never fun to get nothing) And it feels more lika their in the fight maybe.
And if you join after the first week of the month, you get one point for every week you missed, not enough to go past anyone off course, but just to say welcome to more people to join.
About giving maybe 2 points extra if you used no assists, I'm not sure.. it seems the most dominating right now dont use assists and that will give them just an extra edge they dont need. But we can surely not give less points for using assist, since it's less consistent and demands more practice and skill.
I know there are many fast people online that always use traction control, that has to struggle more with it turned off. If they joined this system would start to make sense though.
I like your idea about forcing no points to everyone with assists except the fastest one of them.
With this system I think it is motivating people to improve their driving skill and not use assist and so on. Sounds good. Just come up with the numbers for 1-last place..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 401 40.1%