F1 2010 Time Trial Week #17 Spa, Belgium (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Spa, Belgium (Wet)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 21st February at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

1:43.434 definately by no means perfect, time to be gained in 1st and 2nd sector and can improve the last chicane.

Attachments

• Spa Wet.jpg
    Spa Wet.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 252
Blimey it's a bit sparse this week.... surprising since Spa is scuh a great circuit.. definitely my favourite. Did put in just a few laps myself yesterday but ont going to tell anyone what time I got yet *lol*.. typically it did upload to the leaderboard..... Hopefully will get a little bit of time to submit a time here over the weekend but have discoverd the joys of online racing so that has taken over at the moment.

I guess so but we had decent turnouts in earlier and potentially tougher wet trials. I have no issue with whatever decisions are taken each week and my reduced participation has been due to other reasons. I'll still always try to put some time in regardless of the track and conditions.

Wet scares people away, but we have to do some wet ones so that we have some dry ones left later on!

This is just my opinion, but, if it scares people away, which I think it does, bit pointless doing wet. Better off maybe keeping dry but being selective on which car has to be used. So instead of free for all (ie, everyone uses McLaren) combos of tracks with a specific car would have to be used, such as the sauber, or lotus, virgin, etc. That would present more challenges.
Also, noone seems to have been compiling end of TT results list of competitors laptimes anymore to see where they came.

This is just my opinion, but, if it scares people away, which I think it does, bit pointless doing wet. Better off maybe keeping dry but being selective on which car has to be used. So instead of free for all (ie, everyone uses McLaren) combos of tracks with a specific car would have to be used, such as the sauber, or lotus, virgin, etc. That would present more challenges.
Also, noone seems to have been compiling end of TT results list of competitors laptimes anymore to see where they came.

Unfortunately this would now be impossible to do as there is no way to submit a time that could be validated for myself in a Lotus except in Montreal Wet for me.

Unfortunately this would now be impossible to do as there is no way to submit a time that could be validated for myself in a Lotus except in Montreal Wet for me.
There is one way to do it. Take screenshots while on the track of the actual car and laptime achieved. This would of course mean we can't prove if assists are used or not, but then, is it really so important who uses assists and who doesn't? It would encourage more people to participate.

There is one way to do it. Take screenshots while on the track of the actual car and laptime achieved. This would of course mean we can't prove if assists are used or not, but then, is it really so important who uses assists and who doesn't? It would encourage more people to participate.

Hey if you wanna go set up a TT for assists then go ahead, this one however is strictly assistless.

I wouldn't necessarily want to see only dry trials run though.. having the wet ones interspersed makes it more interesting and gives some of us a good lesson. I think at the moment people are struggling to put in as much time as previously but hopefuly this will change soon.

Alright fine, it was just a suggestion to encourage more players. But since some don't like wet, and since there's been no scoreboards at the end of the last one or two TT's which I think is always nice to see, it doesn't really surprise me there's not many people participating.

There is nothing stopping you from doing this yourself.

Unfortunately, most of us have real lives and cant spend 24/7 pampering to your needs.

Im working back through them at the moment, and it takes more time than you think.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 291 13.4%