F1 2010 Time Trial Week #16 Shanghai, China (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Shanghai, China (Dry)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 21st February at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

1.29.814 I think this is about my limit, was pleased to get into the 29`s

Shanghai.jpg

Nice one James. I've also been using Viktor's setup, so thanks Viktor. In fact, I've used his setups for a few circuits now, he gets the downforce just right. I always thought 1/1 was the way to go, and that has given me better times on some tracks. And I know goldenbortz lives and dies by 1/1, it works for him. But I tried 1/1 on shanghai and it makes it very difficult to negotiate turn 1. Anyway, I just started running this circuit last night, and now have pretty much reached my skill limit I think. What a track though, never tried it it before last night and I think it's my favourite now, it flows beautifully. Didn't have a clue how to take turn 1, but now I throw the car into it and take the gears down very quickly to get through there faster. It's a fun turning.

1:30.933. Quite pleased with that.

Attachments

• F1_2010_game 2011-02-20 03-16-42-73.jpg
    F1_2010_game 2011-02-20 03-16-42-73.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 207
Not sure about the dying part

Lol, yeah, it just sounded good as a saying. Actually, I'm also doing TT on yeongam at the moment and for that circuit I swapped last night from viktor's setup (I was doing 1/1 with that) to yours. I only improved by nearly two tenths so far (1:34.891 to 1:34.720) but it feels a bit more stable with 11 springs and rollbars, and the different gearing seems to help a bit more.

Wow, I now have 1.33.658 with goldenbortz setup. Anyway enough of that, back on topic. Shanghai. :)

I grabbed a half hour yesterday morning before anyone was up and managed to get in a 1:33.814.. just two tenths slower than my previous non-registered best.

Doesn't look as though that two tenths will make any difference so I'll just post the one that did make it to the leaderboard. I'll get a screenie up when I get home.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%