F1 2010 Time Trial Week #16 Shanghai, China (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Shanghai, China (Dry)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 21st February at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

Hello everyone again, well i managed to get an hour on it last night, and put in a 1:32.xxx There is a couple of nasty corners in there for sure, the first and last corners mainly for me. But based on Bortz's times, Im about 2 seconds of my pace So Im hoping by the end of the week it should be about the 1:30. That's if i can get the tv for long enough with out the girlie and kids getting to annoyed. Worse thing i ever did was put the PC on the main tv, now its all i want to do!!!

Good going Jon,

I actually really like the first corner but totally agree with you on the last one.. Just when you think you've got a handle on it the next time around you run waay too wide and screw up the lap!! Haven't run there for quite a while but I remember it well although have no clue what my times are like there....

I have the same problem with getting enough tv time. My 5 year old loves the tv and if she's around when I am in the game (Xbox) I know I am going to keep getting questioned about when it's her turn *lol* I do have a portable that I have occasionally used when the tv is tied up but it's just not the same as running it on the big screen. Hoping to get my first run tonight after not getting a chance last night.

I'm well behind the big guns, but already under 1:29 :)

F1_2010_game 2011-02-17 14-47-55-80.jpg

Gave this a shot first thing this morning before work and before the little 'un was awake needing brekkie before school. I forgot that the last time I was at this track I was still on auto gears so re-learning the track with gears was a struggle but still love it here. Just had 20 or so minutes and my best was a 1:35.0??. Stacks of time to gain if I can ever find it.... the last two turns are the ones I struggle with... find it really difficult to find a consistent braking point for the hairpin and know that I was losing waaay too much time through the last corner but it's so easy to overdo it there and go too wide.

Not going to have tons of time to devote to the TT this weekend as I have gotten into my career season again so want to get another round under my belt in that this weekend (Valencia... struggled badly in the TT there so it should be interesting..)

Good luck all.

Cheers

Has anyone got any tips for negotiating the last tight left right before the ultra long back straight.

Im getting absolutely killed there, the top ghosts seem to be driving away from me like im standing still.

Im using Viktors setup so its obviously my ropey driving.

Cheers

Has anyone got any tips for negotiating the last tight left right before the ultra long back straight.

Im getting absolutely killed there, the top ghosts seem to be driving away from me like im standing still.

Cheers

Yeah gradual power otherwise your gonna spin and take the corner as tight as possible otherwise you can lose up to half a second.

Victor when you gonna start signing up for races wanna see if you can handle race pace too:poke:

Cheers

I wish i could still see the top ghosts at that point! Ive tried a lot of lines through there and simply cannot get the power down till im nearly 2/3rds of the way round the long right!

Right now I will play some 1on1 in esl, when I got tired of that I will start race with u here :D

Wait a sec, you're swedish and you do 1v1 fps, you're not the great dueller Fox from Quake3 are you?:cool: Is it quake you play? I played Quake3 every day for years and now quakelive, although haven't touched quakelive for a few months since F1 2010.

I play F1 2010 1on1 right now :) No thats not me :) I have played quake a little long time ago but nothing serious, and cs 1.6/css for about 10years though, Im pretty good at cs but for some strange reason my computer has a big delay in cs / css now since about 1 year ago :o, that delay was the reason I stopped playing cs and moved to f1 2010, I have only driven with a wheel since f1 2010 came out.

More problems!!

Got up early this morning to put in a stint before starting the practice session for my career race at Valencia and managed to drop my time from the 1:34.814 that I put in with a brief session last night to a 1:33.622.... pretty pleased with my mornings work and felt that a 1.2 second improvement was good going for me. But of course you know what I am going ot say don't you.. the leaderboard is still showing my 1:34.814 as my best lap!!!

The screen before starting the time trial and the one on exit do show my 1:33.622 as my best lap so my question is this.. is the leaderboard entry the only one that will be accepted as valid for the competition? I fully understand if that is the case and will have no hard feelings at all, but to be honest I just cannot justify spending several hours trying to improve my laps for the competition only to have the efforts wasted by this leaderboard bug that seems to have gotten so much worse this past couple of weeks.

I will probably still post a time each week (if I can of course!!) but will limit how much time I spend on it for the reason stated.

I am probably going to have one more go at Shanghai this weekend just to try to get my real best lap onto the board but it's just too frustrating at the moment to keep trying if I can't be sure my time is going to be entered or not.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back