F1 2010 Time Trial Week #12 Istanbul, Turkey, (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz
Time Trial Week #12 Istanbul, Turkey, (Dry)
Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Istanbul, Turkey (Dry)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 24th January at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

1:23.437 (pic to phollow - dead iphone)

I reckon I can slip in to the 1:22's as I can keep up with chris' ghost most of the way up to S2 (although my best lap wont show this :-( ).

@mike - I have only an xbox pad, so im not expecting great results, chris uses a wheel, and I can see how having pedals is an advantage - I am losing time to his ghost where I cant get the throttle down enough without spinning.

Morning guys,

Unbelievable time Andrew and great job there Chris, I can only dream of getting into the 1:21's.... Andrew's 1:19's are more like another world than a dream.. I just don;t know how you get anything like those times with a pad.. I couldn't get used to using it at all, I doubt I would even get below 1:30.... hmm may give it a try just for a laugh ;)

Got on track for a couple of spells last nigt.. 18 laps with a best of 1:24.882 and then about a dozen more with a slight improvement to 1:24.802. I am pretty pleased with that to be honest... never turned a wheel below 1:29 before with no assists so to drop 5 seconds is decent progress.

I reckon I could get into the 1:23's fairly comfortably and I haven't played around with the setup so far apart from reducing the wings and I think with a bit of tinkering I would maybe have an outside shot at a 1:22 if I could get some decent laps in here but think that may be wishful thinking for me this week.

I actually loaded up the top non-assists ghost (6th on the leaderboard) for my second spell and was surprised that I was able to stay reasonably close for a while before he took off through the latter part of the second sector.

Good luck all..

I must admit, im really disliking these TT's. It really doesnt suit my style of driving. I prefer having to manage a bit of weight on board and having tyres that dont grip like glue, theres something about tyre sim and fuel sim that makes the cars flow more around a circuit. Im having to use ultra low downforce or else i loose out to much time on the straights but the consequeces of this is my braking points have changed and now dont have the intial turn in grip, i find this weird to manage. Also i hate the way its possible to now downchange at a incredible speed without locking up. Last night around Istanbul Park i was monitoring my braking into turn one, i cant believe that i can get away with just going from say 7th to 3rd ar 4th gear in a fraction of a second just by flicking the downshift. Its just not right.

All that said, im not trying to make excuses, some of you guys are ultra quick and credit where credit is due. I cant match you. I just find it somehow annoying, its like driving a car with an option switched on to make it feel like its sped up.

If anyone tried my setup since I set the 1:19 its been fixed I accidently had the braking balance at 40/60 when it should of been the ballast distribution at 40/60

So braking balance is now 50/50
and Ballast distribution 40/60

Oh blimey Andrew... I knew there must be a reason why I couldn't get that 1:19m time ;)

Excellent - so a quick change to my ballast and balance will take my times from 25 to 19 - mint!

I havent given this TT much attention as yet, but from the laps I have done, this track is much more tricky than I first thought.

@Chris - I know exactly what you are saying there, you really do have to handle things differently, and i dont think it suits my natural style either, but then im an assistless noob with heavy feet, so that doesnt help either!

I'm hoping to give this a crack tomorrow night, I've not been on much lately. I'm reluctant to use the pad since getting the wheel and it's a bit of a hassle dragging the table through so I've been brushing up on my FIFA skills. This will be a test for me because I hate Istanbul.

1:23.437 (pic to phollow - dead iphone)

I reckon I can slip in to the 1:22's as I can keep up with chris' ghost most of the way up to S2 (although my best lap wont show this :-( ).

@mike - I have only an xbox pad, so im not expecting great results, chris uses a wheel, and I can see how having pedals is an advantage - I am losing time to his ghost where I cant get the throttle down enough without spinning.

Well Damn you an your pesky Pad james LOL, NO wheel allowed for you HAHA, Its funny that when my mate lent me his wheel ages ago for NFS Shift, i was so much faster wit my pad an even prefered it at one point !!! but i recently (out of desperation when wheel packed up) tried to assuage my with withdrawal symptoms with the pad and simply couldn't use it, the experience with the wheel/peddles is far greater for me to drive without em, so i'm currently harvesting Kidneys an other healthy organs to flog on e-bay to buy a fanatec porche wheel/peddles (drool)

ANYWAY currently on 124.602 an hope to get mid 23s but don't quote me on that lol
@Graham FIFA FFS you Philistine LMAO, Good to have ya back on board tho m8y

I planned it!

Heres another strange one, i work as a software tester, and when we raise bugs/defects its given a number. I raised my first bug on my new team today and it was number 206. On my previous team the first bug i raised was also 206. The thing that makes it super weird and why im sad and remembering the number is because i have a peugeot 206! Not only another freaky coincidence, but theres another three 6's right there too!

I am the devil - so watch out y'all!

825062c3.jpg

I'm doing a double TT, here and also another forum. I achieved my 1:26.xxx goal there on silverstone, so I'll have another crack here at istanbullocks over the w/end. Still haven't unboxed my new wheel.:p

Looks like things are hotting up here.. especially in the rear gunners department. My daughters fiance had a go last night at a couple of races so I quickly checked out the Leaderboard and see that I have been dropped to last place by my backmarking buddies *lol*

Well, rest well my friends because I will be back hahahahha ;)

I'm hitting the 1:22's but lower than that I'll have to spend too much time on it. The top time on PS3 is 1:17.310, that's crazy!!
I've been playing mostly GT5, and coming back to F12010 makes you remember what a piece of trash the force feedback is, and I have it all the way up.

I'm hitting the 1:22's but lower than that I'll have to spend too much time on it. The top time on PS3 is 1:17.310, that's crazy!!
I've been playing mostly GT5, and coming back to F12010 makes you remember what a piece of trash the force feedback is, and I have it all the way up.

Great so I guess this means im gonna have to try harder still...

What do you mean about the forcefeedback? I play with all of those settings on 100%

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 470 39.0%