Time-Trial #1: Top Gear Test Track

If and when any of you have some time, load up the Top Gear track and do a hotlap and post your time here. You can post a video of your lap but not necessary. We will go on trust for we all will be able to tell if time is farfetched. This week we will start with the Mini with no assists,manual/autoshift is ok and the AWD 450hp Mini is not allowed. lets see what we can do.

To save posts etc ill just keep updating this post with all my times.

all my times have been run with standard setup, dry weather, on default tyres.
All driving aids have been turned off.

0:51.545 - RR F1 - Rolling start
1:04.38 - Zonda - Rolling start
1:05.143 - Viper GT Pro - Rolling start

Its amazing if you do a stationary start it costs you another 4-5 seconds depending of corse on how well you take off!

0:54.505 - RR F1 - Standing start

EDIT: Illegal lap... [SUB] Formula RR (rolling start) 0:50.776 :cool:[/SUB]

I could possible take a fifth off but there's is my limit.

EDIT: have to question the legality of my own lap, it looks like i cutted maybe too much.. I'll post a video tomorrow so you can judge. Also some ideas:

If Hiroshi (or Awazu, don't know which one is the forename, sorry...) could make links in the first post to the participants individual timescores... For me it would be this post. It would help navigating this thread and don't cause much trouble.

We should do both, standing and rolling starts.. Keep your record time replays, just to be sure that the laps are legal, also we could all learn from them. Gives the chance to analyze driving and gives more to talk about. No video is necessary, only the small .VCR file from My Docs\SimBin\Race07\Userdata\Replayfiles...

EDIT2: Yeah, i definitelu cutted.. I'll post a picture... We mayt have to define the track a little bit more since it alloes a lot of cutting and isn't always clear. More of that tomorrow.

Formula RR (rolling start) 0:50.776 :cool:

I could possible take a fifth off but there's is my limit.

EDIT: have to question the legality of my own lap, it looks like i cutted maybe too much.. I'll post a video tomorrow so you can judge. Also some ideas:

If Hiroshi (or Awazu, don't know which one is the forename, sorry...) could make links in the first post to the participants individual timescores... For me it would be this post. It would help navigating this thread and don't cause much trouble.

We should do both, standing and rolling starts.. Keep your record time replays, just to be sure that the laps are legal, also we could all learn from them. Gives the chance to analyze driving and gives more to talk about. No video is necessary, only the small .VCR file from My Docs\SimBin\Race07\Userdata\Replayfiles...

EDIT2: Yeah, i definitelu cutted.. I'll post a picture... We mayt have to define the track a little bit more since it alloes a lot of cutting and isn't always clear. More of that tomorrow.
Yep, i think i'm cutting course as well. on the last four turns, the first of the four turns on the runway part there is a patch of grass, or I think thats what it is. We are supposed to stay to the right of green patch right? coz i'm taking the right fast and driving over the green patch . I don't think i'm supposed to take line that way there. I'm going to watch Top gear tonight and see exactly how run is done. Oh Hiro is fine with me.

Okay, i promised some pictures where the track boundaries are. This is open for debate of course. At the same time it would be great to identify the corners porperly.. Click on images to zoom.
1 2 4
Hammerhead

7 OR
8 Last Finish

I'm not sure about the 7th corner so i put two options: Two tires or centerline of the car should stay on tarmac. The limit has to be very precise here; cutting just a little there you can carry a lot more speed thru it and get greater top speed at the end of the next straight
. Otherwise i think they are all right; 2 tires inside at all times and no tires on grass. Of course there's some leave away, nobodys gonna follow you with a millimeter ruler

And here's a bonus, from my lap or what not to do:

EDIT: lol, there's some typos and what not on those pictures... Hurry in, crap out.

This my timescore post, i'll update this when needed. All times with no assists, minimum fuel, custom setup, offline practice.. Too bad Time attack-mode can't be used, it's buggy.

Zonda R
(standing start) 1:07.448
Zonda R
(rolling start) 1:02.865

Viper GT Pro
(standing start) 1:09.717
Viper GT Pro
(rolling start) 1:04.147

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%