F1 2010 Time Simulaton Questions...

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Ok, the game is now officially screwing with me...

I am running on Xbox 360 with MC2 controller...

I am in season 2 driving for Red Bull... I have been decreasing driver aids since season one and now only have traction control and ABS turned on... My issues began when I turned on Tire Simulation... In practice and qualifying for Budapest, I could not get within 1.5 seconds of pole no matter what I did... This is after stomping the field by 2.00 seconds a lap prior to this race... That is when I discovered this forum searching for setups to drop my lap times... I tried all the dry setups I found here and still could not drop my times, even on options... I finished Q3 in 8th place and off the pace by 1.6.344 seconds...

So I did a little experiment... I ran Q3 again with Tire Simulation turned on and off to compare times... I was using the same setup with a new set of option tires each time... I was able to run a 1:21:200 with Tire Sim ON and only ran a 1:23:937 with it turned OFF... With Tire Sim ON the care feels very sluggish, does not accelerate off turns and understeers badly... With Tire Sim OFF, it's a whole different car...

So my question is, what is going on???

I was able to run a 1:21:200 with Tire Sim ON and only ran a 1:23:937 with it turned OFF... With Tire Sim ON the care feels very sluggish, does not accelerate off turns and understeers badly... With Tire Sim OFF, it's a whole different car...

So my question is, what is going on???

The sluggish feel is to be expected. With tire sim off you are driving with 100% grip 100% of the time. Naturally the car will feel a little harder to handle with tire sim on. But what is funny is apparently you were faster with tire sim on? Maybe you just had a bad lap with the tire sim off? Or was this a type-o you got the two mixed up?

Yeh, sounds pretty normal to me. Its always going to be slower with Tyre Sim on. Tyre sim off is a load of rubbish.

I think he meant he did the quicker time with tyre sim off... am i right in thinking that?

Perhaps I have the ON / OFF thing backwards, but there is a HUGE difference in the way the car reacts... Even on fresh option tires...

After I posted this I searched the forum and found some threads that address the differences...

Thanks for the responses...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back