Time for a new system

I have had my current system since about 2008, and it's probably about time I upgrade to a desktop rig.
Posting my current specs would be pointless, since it cant even run Game Stock Car Extreme on full graphics quality settings. While I'm well within the recommended settings.

Since I have spent most of my money on books for uni and motorcycle parts, my budget isn't that great.
Still I want to actually make use of my Rfactor 2 license. Budget for the whole thing is about 600 euro's at the most, and even that will require a good few months saving up.

I would love to be able to buy and or run modern racing simracing games: Asseto Corsa, Rfactor 2, PCars, The Simbin stuff, Game Stock Car Extreme and iRacing. That isn't all however, since I'd love to get Watchdogs for the PC and other games alike without having to worry if it can run it. I just don't want to tone down the graphics to much. So all in all I would love to have a system which can play all of that at 60fps on even the hottest of summer days, better be safe than sorry. ;)

So if could some of you PC/IT guys help me out a bit, that would be great!.
I am already kind of intimidated by al the different kinds of motherboards alone, since I am by no means a hardware expert.

Thank you in advance.

What resolution are you going to run with. I have no problem at all with my old GTX 580 running 1080p monitors. Watch dogs is an old title so I don´t expect it to be to demanding either but check benchmarks at hardware sites!

Upvote 0
@Chrisuu
I think limiting yourself to 600 euro is going to compromise your gaming experience too much. You could of course build yourself a system for that (600 euro) with upgrading key components at a later date, ie CPU and GPU but your not going to build an i7+GTX780 system on that budget. You could of course upgrade to these higher end components as long as the system you build has this future upgrade in mind, This is how i build my system :)

Upvote 0
Of course it's the plan to get a good base which also allows room for mods and or upgrades in the future.

Then perhaps aim for an i3 or i5 processor and something in the range of GTX750ti GPU. These will give you a medium to good performance but allow you to upgrade both or either at a later date. Bear in mind the option on Sli/crossfire when picking a motherboard and PSU.

Upvote 0
600 euros you`ll be surprised what you can get for that gtx 760 i5 ivy or haswell 8gb ram 1600mhz 600 watt psu case doesnt have to be anything special mother board you can get some nice Gigabyte Z97-D3H Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard £95 job done

here is a quick build if you look on ebay psu can be picked up quite cheap if you no what ur looking for

1. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?catid=&prodid=BU-000-OG
(Thats motherboard, CPU, and Ram £367)

2.PSU http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARTIC-750...omputing_PowerSupplies_EH&hash=item3cd251fb34
(Thats PSU alot of people gonna tell you thats not good enough but im running a gtx 580 of one and have been for the last 10 months no problems gtx 580 known as one hell of a power hungry card £23.00)

3. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-051-KS
(ssd ok cause ur upgrading i hope you have a hdd which you can use for storage use the ssd for windows and some programs 52.00)

4. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MSI-Gefor...raphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item35d6b06856
(GPU nvid 760 very good and not too powre hungry + good for tripple screens) £149

Right total £591 you still got no case but ebay pick one up for £20 get an upgrade later.
Just changed it to euros didnt realise there was so much init ok then if you upgrading maybe we can drop the ssd just keep ur hhd and maybe not go with the package if you look for the invidual prices on OCUK properly cheaper then there is GPU could get nvida 660 look on ebay you can pick one up for £100 to £125 still good card not quite as good as 760 and that price for 760 is really good and maybe you all ready have ram you could salvage but there is starting point.

let me no if you need more help or have any questions
Dan

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline