Time attack?

While practicing with the ghost car and the race line, does the car setup affect the driving the same way as in a race or practice? since after a session if you return to the garage tires temperatures remains unchanged. I also seem to be faster (~2 seconds) than when I am practicing (that's even without following someone).

Do you check the temps after driving to the box ?
Because as far as i know you need to press escape while on track after a few laps and return to the box like that. Otherwise your temps will be reset.

but this is just how i do it last couple of years, while setting up i never actualy drive to the box.

Do you check the temps after driving to the box ?
Because as far as i know you need to press escape while on track after a few laps and return to the box like that. Otherwise your temps will be reset.

but this is just how i do it last couple of years, while setting up i never actualy drive to the box.

That's the only way I return to the garage (ESC). As I said if I do the "practice" run everything works and looks good. When I do the "time attack" tires temp doesn't change at all.

I found the same thing Eric. Maybe the tyre temp staying the same is to try and take 1 variable out of the equation? That way you never have to worry if your tyres are too hot/cold. I would think it would make it harder to tune the car setting though

To be honest i may be wrong (correct me if i am) but it feels to me that time attack is like an arcade version of practice.

I always use the practice mode to improve times, learn the track & play with setups as this is how the car will handle when you race online with it.

As i to have noticed that times are quicker in time trial as opposed to practice so where not giving a true reflection so i stopped using this.

To be honest i may be wrong (correct me if i am) but it feels to me that time attack is like an arcade version of practice.

I always use the practice mode to improve times, learn the track & play with setups as this is how the car will handle when you race online with it.

As i to have noticed that times are quicker in time trial as opposed to practice so where not giving a true reflection so i stopped using this.

Yah... I am getting to the same conclusion. It is good for ones ego :)

I believe optimal tire grip in GTRe is when tire temp is 90 degrees and pressure 200kPa. Altough I don't know how much pressure affects performance.

My logic is that they are optimal simply because SimBin decided to hardcode those values in in Time Trial mode.

Ofcourse you never get to those values in practice mode. 200kPa + 90 degrees does not compute. -)

So I believe tire temp/pressure is the reason you get better times in Time Trial. Plus if GTRe simulates rubber left on track, it is probably also hardcoded to be maximum for even more grip.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back