Tiers

Hi everyone,

I was wandering if anyone could help with the tier system within the database?

What I am trying to do is change the tiers to produce realistic positions for both races and fast forwarded quali sessions.

What does the value next to the tier number do on the f1 teams tab?

Ideally I'd like mclaren and red bull running away. Ferrari lotus and Mercedes and williams fighting behind that. With force India torro rosso and sauber next fighting, with her and marussia out the back.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi everyone,

I was wandering if anyone could help with the tier system within the database?

What I am trying to do is change the tiers to produce realistic positions for both races and fast forwarded quali sessions.

What does the value next to the tier number do on the f1 teams tab?

Ideally I'd like mclaren and red bull running away. Ferrari lotus and Mercedes and williams fighting behind that. With force India torro rosso and sauber next fighting, with her and marussia out the back.

Any help would be appreciated!

Virtual Performance - max value 1.00 - higher value - better classifying the team gets. It doesn't make that much of a difference, the tiers of the teams make the big difference. For such order, you have to change the tiers of the teams. Don't forget that every Tier MUST have at least 2 teams. Something like this would work:

Tier 1 - McLaren, RBR
Tier 2 - Lotus, Mercedes
Tier 3 - Ferrari, Williams, Sauber
Tier 4 - Toro Rosso, Force India
Tier 5 - HRT, ex-Virgin (not a virgin anymore :D ), Caterham

You can also adjust the tier characteristics to get it better.

In my database file based on last season I had (you can have 1 team per tier btw.)

Tier 1 Red Bull
Tier 2 McLaren
Tier 3 Ferrari
Tier 4 Mercedes, Force India, Renault, Toro Rosso, Williams, Sauber
Tier 5 HRT, Virgin, Lotus

Got very realistic results :)

344xybm.jpg

fc388h.jpg

In my database file based on last season I had (you can have 1 team per tier btw.)

Tier 1 Red Bull
Tier 2 McLaren
Tier 3 Ferrari
Tier 4 Mercedes, Force India, Renault, Toro Rosso, Williams, Sauber
Tier 5 HRT, Virgin, Lotus

Got very realistic results :)

344xybm.jpg

fc388h.jpg

Did you try going into 2nd season? You'll get error when you do.. At least this is what happens to me when a tier had 1 team..

I didn't get an error but some teams moved tiers. I think Mercedes moved up one as did Team Lotus and it all got a bit unrealistic. If it were possible to stop teams from changing tiers in career it would be great, sadly it's not possible though. Best to stick with doing Grand Prix seasons.

I do grand prix seasons instead of carear. Would It be best to stick to two teams minimum per tier or could I do 1?

If you had to tier the 2012 season thus far as you see it, what would your tier choices be for most realistic results?

Thanks for your help.

It really doesn't matter how many teams per tier, as long as it's relatively realistic and gives the results you want. Sometimes it's easier to separate a team like Red Bull last year as it was so dominant. With McLaren a clear 2nd and Ferrari a clear 3rd. Bunching up very even teams in the same tier works well too.

Difficult to judge off just one race in 2012 but I'd probably go with something like

Tier 1 McLaren, Red Bull
Tier 2 Mercedes, Lotus, Ferrari
Tier 3 Sauber, Toro Rosso, Force India, Williams
Tier 4 Caterham
Tier 5 HRT, Marussia

The most important thing is determining the gap between each tier in with the virtual performance in ai_tier_characteristics. This will give the most realistic field spread. From there you can adjust the teams engine powers to determine the pecking order within each tier.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 491 39.2%