RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Ok time for my report despite having zero time these days.

Q: Well I put up a good time for 3rd after just dumping 15L out of the tank and running on the race set. It was obvious that I wasn't going to catch Tyler, Stefan with a 1:23.81. two mistakes on the lap the bigger of the two being offline exiting madness which killed my run off by delaying my ability to get to WOT (wide open throttle). even if I run it perfectly, I am off the pace a bit.

Warm up: I had done all my lapping on race fuel basically at 30L so I felt good about my race set. The time sheet confirms some of the guys ahead of me were running on lighter loads in practice since I closed the gap considerably on the time sheet.

R1: I am behind Tyler with Yves to my right and Corey behind. I am concerned about the VEtte's launch beating me off the line but if I can stay close I can lock out Yves at T1 and hold position. If Tyler bobbles I can pass him inside worse case but maybe jumpe to mid track and get to P2 exiting T1.

The lights go out and I get a jump on Tyler and Yves is slow off the line. Maybe the Canadiens were on the power play Yves? LOL I get a bit of over lap on Tyler entering T1 but breath the throttle and let him have the spot rather than compromise the race. Exiting T2 I get on the curb and it shoots me across the track killing my exit speed. Have some cushion on Yevs and Corey so shouldn't kill me.

L2 Stefan , Tyler, Me and Yves all within 1.5 at the start finish. No change of positions and Tyler and Stefan gap me a bit more on small mistakes by me. Yves is still about 2 seconds behind.

L3-6 NO change of positions. Stefan and Tyler are hammering some very fast laps. I run better and close slightly to 2.5 seconds.

L7-10 Tyler and Stefan have checke dout on me and Yves. Yves is now 3 car lengths back and pressing hard! But he wrestling and alligator and I suspect he can't keep it going like that another 5 laps. We'll see what hapens.

L11 Tyoer loops it coming off the exit of madness! I have a chance to get P2 if I can stay quick and clean and not let Yves get too close either.

L12 I continue the fight but Tyler is still in P2. We are on the same pace now which gives me confidence for R2 against him.

L13 TYLER IS OUT OF FUEL!

L14-15 I keep Yves at bay and finish P2 with some good luck!

R2: Starting in P7. Yves to my Left. Corey in front and Stefan back left of me. I am worried about Stefan getting a really good Launch and me not being able to catch him in the race and sealing my fate for being 2nd overall at best.

The lights go off: I get a jump on corey but not enough to overtake. Stefan bounces off cars and he is well back ATM. BReathe a bit and figure out how to get thru L1 clean now. Exiting T2 I have to wait for WOT as Corey is trying to kep his car straight and Glenn is on top of him. Yves is now on my wing looking for the open door. I get a good run down the straight and tell Glenn Via TEampeak I am going to push him down the straight. Thinking we can lock out Corey if we get even with him and Glenn passes inside I can follow eintering Madness and possible gap Yves as well.

Entering the braking zone I get off of Glenn's bumper and go one lane inside for visibility. DAMN YVES IS THERE! I bounce off Yves back behind Glenn and give him a punt after panic locking the brakes! **** thats bad! I apologize to Glenn who utters " thanks for the push" over Teamspeak. I apologize and slow to let him by but its in the middle of MADNESS and I am in a very bad spot! I get going again but have lost spots to drop to 7th with TYLER AND STEFAN getting by me. Darn it thats not good!

L2 William Nowell spins in madness and I get by for P6 still chasing Stefan and Tyler. I am now behind Dennis in the lone Bimmer trying to get by. He has line and speed making it tough to get thru cleanly! meanwhile Stefan has gone AGRO solo and I pass him at least for P5 and hoping to get by Dennis soon. All hell breaks loose in the braking zone before madness! I have Dennis in front, Yves and Stefan hurtling down on us! I tap Dennis entering Madness and he drifts but holds it together! I am off throttle and waiting to see the outcome when YVES juts rolls by on the outside! Stefan tries to follow Yves! We have contact twice but no massive loss ofr eitehr of us! I am down 2 spots now and gapped to Stefan about .75. Damn it!

L3 we are a 4 car train with Dennis in the lead, Yves and Stefan then me. one bobble is al lit will take for fortunes to change instantly!

Dennis and Yves battle hard thru madness with Yves getting by him. Stefan finds a small opening in the left hander entering Carousel when Dennis tail wags there. I am up on Dennis instantly entering Crousel. I am off throttle rolling the car to the late apex and hoping to get a jump on Dennis to WOT and pass on the straight. Dennis wiggles off throttle and I tap him and he slides it. Not intentional Dennis! Sorry man you were driving very well and I felt bad fo rhim. I apologize over TS and continue on. I think it's a racing incident when he gets loose so I don;t wait this time.

L4 P6 and trying to catch Stefan and Tyler anbd Yves. no small feat for sure!

L5-8 no change of positions but I close th gap to Yves and Stefan. Stefan finally makes a mistake exiting T1 and I get by entering the chicane. P5!

L9-13 Yves and I catch Sam. Yves goes off exiting Carousel and I am gifted P4 and trying to close on Sam but he is up to the task for now.

L14 Hot pursuit get sme closer adn Yves is off my back a bit about 1 second behind.

L15 I close right up on Sam when he gets sloppy thru Madness. I presshard on him to see if he wil crack. he holds the spot to keep a podium finish!

What a sick track this is in a GT car! my god I was dizzy after race 2!

But that didn't stop us from running a 3rd race!

R3: it's a friggin blur! I do remember Tyler, Stefan and I just beating the crap out of each other and the cars for 15 more laps! It was fun but I don;t remember who finished where...............

see yall at MUGELLO! oh yeah baby thats gonne be waaaaaaaaaay coooool!

I had an awesome time on my debut race. I had great few first laps, battling for fourth with Adgie. Then I managed to get in front, caught up with the 3rd (I think it was Neverauskas) and passed him a couple of laps before finish. Iuliu and Locht war 4 seconds ahead so there was nothing I could do.

Race 2 was also very intense. I managed to block a BMW from behind at the start but he got by in the first lap anyway. Then in the first corner of the 2nd lap I got tapped from behind and because of that I also bumped into Locht in front of me. I am sorry for that, but it wasn't entirely my fault ;) Dropped down to 17th and then it was a battle in every lap. Managed to get to 7th at the end :)Best racing I've had in a long while :D

Had a good first race and some great battles. In race 2 i was just getting comfortable and ready for another good race, but left my braking that little bit to late and could not avoid from hitting you, which also pushed you into Locht....:frown: Very sorry about that and hopfully it didnt spoil your race to much.....:redface:

even if its only 4 of us we'll still have fun! Maybe you guys a have an RD friend you can invite to the dance?

I send out PM's weekly trying to get more attendance and it is working but sometimes that personal invite form a friend can out a guy over the top.

You can pretty much put me down for these Monday GT races by default Eric. :cool:

I'll probably be off the pace next Monday. With RDTCC on Sunday's it makes it really hard to find the time to get any form of practice in. It's all good though, I got my win for 2010 in last Monday. :tongue:

You can pretty much put me down for these Monday GT races by default Eric. :cool:

I'll probably be off the pace next Monday. With RDTCC on Sunday's it makes it really hard to find the time to get any form of practice in. It's all good though, I got my win for 2010 in last Monday. :tongue:

YEah man your a regular for sure! good luck in RDTCC! I always research the cars and drop in a setup so don;t sweat it man.

You already know MUgello right? it's pretty much a given that the DBR is likely the best car here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%