rF2 Thursday August 27th 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Long Beach

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well - my night ended early. Practiced all day and had reasonable pace in my P2. Had to contend with discos all practice but then everything settled down for quali and the race.

Qualied 3rd with a time that was way off my PB from earlier today.

Had no intention of getting involved with the battle for the lead and set about the opening stint on boost 2. Came up on Dave Carr-Smith in his GT2. Hung back and waited to pass (looked like you had lifted) but ended up putting my P2 where it had no right to be. Pretty upset about that (sorry Dave) especially as I managed to run the entire Sebring race without touching a single GT.

Well - the result of that was a little suspension damage that I thought I could handle. Came up to a stranded P2 on the roundabout and that let Ingemar passed.

Made another two turns before I lost the battle with the rear and did a 180 into Ingemars path. (sorry)

Not my best day at the office - hope everyone else had a blast.

Went al great. But stopped racing. I had really fps problems ( didn't had any earlier) but is was making very dizzy. And didn't feel good. To bad because racing went great. Was running 12th. :)

It was btw really LMP's dodging on the track. What was wrong with you guys. Lots of people spinning. :D. Was really difficult because i had LMP cars lapping me but also fighting with me.

Lol sometimes gaminglife aint fair :)

Practice
Tried the setup from yesterday's Sebring race to gain some experience on this track which is quite technical and slippery as Ivo mentioned above.

I could find my way around pretty quickly and finalized the setup by setting the gears right. In a lucky lap i managed to get the poleposition (very important in a practice :D)

Qualy
Went well as expected tried to find a clean lap and found one with five minutes left on the clock, resulting in P1 again.

Race
Despite the clear openings post somebody took off for a full start while we started our warmup (no probs), regained first place pretty quickly and set the pace for the start.

The race would very interesting as the man in P2 was pushing hard while i decided to go ECO-style again at the last moment. Was saving tyres and fuel like mad and planned not to change tyres at all this race.
At 30 minutes everybody was pitting and i had more then 10 laps of fuel left lol. Lapped the entire field and was driving as steady as possible (and Yoeri knows how hard my mental tyrewear gets after 20 minutes :laugh:).
Only had to come in for a splash and dash and was convinced to win this race (after how many time? A year?).
I was already enjoying the champagne and wondering how the ceremony girls would look like when all of a sudden my game crashed to desktop with the notice that it was not responding.
Oh well, had fun and i am learing more and more about endurance strategy. Beware LMP friends beware because one day it will happen :thumb:

One not: while LMP's are the cars that have to find a way thru the field and the GT's not necessarily need to move over, there were a few Porsche that refused to move over a tiny bit and simply smack their cars against you when you clearly overtook them between T4 and T5. No :love: for such actions, especially when i was very very patiently waiting for a lot of corners to make that move.

Nevertheless had huge fun again, too bad the technique decided to ruin it today. :thanks:
See you next time!

P.S: I am reporting an incident at this moment

Bad Race Meeting. Really poor qualifying should of been on front two rows of GT2.

Had a poor start + never really improved. Was racing with one GT2 chap & I passed him into the final corner & during the front straight he was able to drive past but under braking he stayed to the inside. I went around the outside to not cause a speed differential collision but as I was along side, he then went and pushed me on to the pitlane merge cobbles and I couldn't make T1. Was pretty miffed by that & then a few laps later I got caught by one of the tracks glitches.

Was just a poor racing for me as the racing mostly in GT2 was pretty good & I think id of had a good race pace to challenge L.Morris with a similar stints but I had to battle with so many LMPs it was untrue.

I'm not entirely sure if I will re-enter further events, I repsect that members have been here far longer than me but I can't see the point of having my race to be continues to be disrupted by RACING LMPs. I don't mind for LMPs that are lapping me but when LMPs are lapping as slower than GT2s in one lap and then next lap go fast then spin, its frustrating.

I want to race again but I do have to think about it as I don't want to go race in LMPs just to escape this as GT Racing is what I'm here for.

Anyway after that I had a CTD like Shaun

Right, Listen. I get that this is for everyone, I do. But for the love of god how bad can people be? That was atrocious racing. GT's spinning. LMP all over the shop trying to overtake that was pathetic racing.

My race ruined 3 times by utter idiots that just cannot drive.

There has to be some form of limit or races competed to race cause that was AWFUL.

I had a great time :) , even if there are some so called bad drivers this Racing Club is for fun and to give thoose a good chance to learn and get some friendly input from others that are more experiens . So no need to call people idiots and so .
sorry fro my bad spelling. :)

First I want to appologise for the start, I was 4th on the grid and had got it into my head that we were doing a standing start and I backed up the guys behind me while looking for my grid spot and I want to appologise for some dodgy overtakes, some went fine I would be patient follow the slower car and then overtake on the straight but sometimes you think I can get through here and end up cocking it up, it takes patience and discipline on behalf of the LMP guys to get it right and with more practice it will become second nature, I also want to say some of the GT guys know its give and take and are sensible about being overtaken but one or two seem determined to make it as hard as possible.

Next time don't overtake me in the warm up lap Daniel. :D

Just a quick thing to Anthony. Please don't leave a huge gap to the car in front of you in the warm up. Because when we were entering the last corner, the guys in front of us where already on the S/F. And you also didn't accelerate out of the corner, so i needed to slow down because i can overtake before the S/F. :)

Hope it's oke that i said this. :)

Really happy and actually very surprised i won in my first ever lemans race. I really enjoyed it and it was tough, many people spinning having to dodge them alot and the worse were the ones in blind corners lol. But ohwell, it's a hard track to race on and i really had fun.

Qualy: qualified 2nd, Bram was really quick and i might of been able to challenge him, but that would of mean't a almost perfect lap lol. Welldone to him!

Race: Can't get much better than 1st! Had some great battles up front and as this was my first ever lemans race i was learning things every lap, it's such different racing to what im used to (F1) so it was challenging but i had alot of fun! Unlucky to Bram who retired, i think he would of won, i had a 1 min long damage pitstop which i thought killed my race, but i was gifted with Bram retiring heh. Unlucky mate, u did very well.

I really enjoyed this and i look forward to hopefully doing some more! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline