Thursday 23rd July 2009 - Rally Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Andrew Evans

i messed with the stuff on the springs screen... increasing the values (dunno if this is harder or softer) made the car handle LOTS better on the bumps.... not perfect... but massive improvement....

everyone knows i iz nub tho... so proceed with caution... :heh:

I just heightened the car a bit and it doesn't flip all the time, but I cannot go flat out over the bumps (which is expected).

It's tedious in this game as you have to restart the game everytime you want to change the setup.

• Andrew Evans

develop the setup in sse... you still haveta restart the stage - but not as painful....

• Bert Van Waes

It seems the Lada is my favourite now. Some more tesing now... :)

Just reduce everything that indicates "Rear". But be careful, if you reduce everything too much, the back of the car will bottom out too much.

Guys, I have to say, these cars are horrid. Ven with the brake pressures very low, if you brake the thing just spins, and it handle bumps like FIA handled the FOTA dispute.

Please, Andrew I beg of you. Please do not pick the S1600s again! :p

Thanks for that.

Driving Noiker is certainly a bouncy experience, and tiptoeing over the bumps just isn't as much fun. That said; I don't mind the Lada too much - it seems to be a bit more stable.

• Andrew Evans

wahaahahaha.... you can blame yates.... :nod:

but really, with brake bias and suspension tweaks, i've found the saxo a world-more-driveable than when i first took it out on a stage....

(i'm a total setup nub (see evo club :D), damien, and i can't remember the changes off the top of my head... but i'll look them again later, if they can be any help.... however, seem to remember increasing spring settings.... reducing just exacerbated the bouncing/flipping problem)

Just reduce everything that indicates "Rear". But be careful, if you reduce everything too much, the back of the car will bottom out too much.

Guys, I have to say, these cars are horrid. Ven with the brake pressures very low, if you brake the thing just spins, and it handle bumps like FIA handled the FOTA dispute.

Please, Andrew I beg of you. Please do not pick the S1600s again! :p

Heh, I suggested them - they are great on the French stages but don't like bumps :p

• Bert Van Waes

Almost ready here to go for another 8 times into a coffin...

The lada it will be here. Who will finish all 8, curious.:)

• Andrew Evans

ho ho ho... you said it... practice runs i did on sunday or monday didn't end well at all.... gonna have another bash in a bit :eyebrows:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 142 7.5%