Thursday 1st October 2009 - Rally Drive Blind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a great event. Well matched cars to the event, great stuff thanks Andrew. Ups and downs for me during the Oceania event with a couple of calls for help and two dropped stages. Great fun though. Thanks mate!

Special note to Glenn, well done mate, never seen the MG as quick as that! :confused2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EE59Ex5Px4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EE59Ex5Px4[/ame]

With your feet in the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse
But there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself

Where is my mind

Was a fun first rally although I did find myself with my feet in the air and my head on the ground at various stages.

I've always liked the idea of tarmac rallys and it was really nice to drive one myself. It actually felt like driving the roads back home where I grew up

I had driven through each stage one time before the event, but was a little puzzled today when I saw that some of them were gravel, not tarmac which I practiced on:)

Thanks for a great event Andrew:good:

EDIT: I guess we post the results when everyone is finished?

• Andrew Evans

I had driven through each stage one time before the event, but was a little puzzled today when I saw that some of them were gravel, not tarmac which I practiced on:)

hmmmz, the only thing i can guess is that when you ran the stages offline, you inadvertently had the tarmac mod selected....

I guess we post the results when everyone is finished?

yep - the final results usually go up about an hour after the eu session finishes...

Great fun again, thanks to Andrew E for a cool idea to run the hill climbs, these little cars were well suited to the rally concept.

Thanks to those who joined the Oceania timezone, especially to Cam, Glenn, Andrew for the TS comedy show. We tried our best to exert huge pressure on our star for the night, Glenn, he held up pretty well, but seem to have a clear car choice advantage I think. :sinister: Apparently he was receiving pacenote tips over his phone too. :on-the-phone:
Surely it couldn't have been his superior driving skill. :fwd2:

Yeh I must admit Warren, Evo Lancers don't get the torque steer you'd expect when they're dropped into front wheel drive turbos!

Heaps of fun, as usual on TS, with the comedy team of Andrew, Warren and Wedge offering up numerous gems... Although I fear their tactics at this one started to get a little dubious with my mobile ringing on each of the first 10 or so stages! LOL :call-me:
Wasn't the boys, but it was something else to add to the comedy on TS :smile-big:

Thanks Andrew for putting this one together. These hillclimbs and these little torque steering monsters are quite a good combo. Kudo's mate.

Edit - should also add that the prospect of having Sir Thompson involved in RBR will be great, another of the slidey slidey GTL crew over to join Wazza, Mr Palmer, Knut and myself! Bring it on Stu!! :smile-big:

• Andrew Evans

both dude, mostly tarmac, some gravel - whichever is the natural surface for the stage... :wink:

Rather enjoyable. I took the MG ZR for the first 3 rounds and I thought the car was either really slow or my setting were nakered as I was playing with them earlier. Got into the Pug 205 and won the next stage and had a good rally. A few slips here n there when I was pushing but overall enjoyed it. But because I swapped cars i get disquailfied, but I just wanted to rule out it was my settings.

Heres the screenshot you wanted over TS andrew :D :good:

Attachments

• No notes.jpg
    No notes.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 514
  • Andrew Evans

you are the funniest poaster, haughany.... :thumb:

ahow, i had a dandy rally, some high quality runs.... plus, making the same mistakes on stage re-runs at the end is obv priceless :D

some really tight stage times in our session.... laverly!

results will be up in a bitto!

• Aaron Cloutier

Nice rally everyone!!

Another 5th for me but I'm personally pleased to see that i could have been more competitive if not for those two Call for Help situations. My speed is good just need to keep myself under control. :)

Thanks again to Andrew for setting this up!!

Nice first event for me :good: although slightly miffed I got "kicked" from stage 4 and 9 and so got the defaulted time, not sure why, but hey it was fun.

Cheers Andy and well done Peter, Glenn and Warren

Congratulations Peter, it was only a matter of time until you cracked the win.
What a finish though, 0.88secs off the win was Glenn, and in that horrible looking Yugo too. Well done Glenn.

I must add though, Cam was terribly unlucky to crash out on an early stage, he was putting down some amazingly fast times in the Oceania group, and it is only a matter of time before he is on the winners dias too.

Big thanks to Andrew, a well thought out rally, really interesting, different to previous ones, and the cars were well chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.9%