Thursday 17th September 2009 - Rally Ice Age (Day 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew, finally finished. Man, that snow takes some getting used to, some stages were just a white blur for me, I really had to trust my co-driver.
We all shared Oceania stage victories among ourselves, so it was great fun as usual.
We all had our nasty moments again, but overall we seemed a little better than day 1, so slowly learning.

Great fun and laughs again on TS, thanks Cam, Glenn, and Andrew.
Thanks to Andrew E for dreaming up another challenging and different Rally for us. I am really enjoying RBR.

• Andrew Evans

coolness guys! good to hear, good to hear.... :D

(looking forward to this evening)

• Bert Van Waes

Same here :D

Ahh how cool would it be to run together with Warren and Glenn and the rest on TS.

• Andrew Evans

yea...we were discussing this last night on ts...

just had a brainhurting think about time zones... if we were to run the previously mooted saturday session, we could just about pull off an all-global-at-the-same-time-rally if the euros were up for a late one and the aussies were up for an early one :D

roughly speaking... about 23:00 GMT... should be about 16:00 for the US, 00:00 for the EU and 07:00 (sunday) for the OCN....

i'll start a separate thread about this later, to see if there's the desire and whether a mutually agreed start time would be possible... :D

Game crashed on Stage One, so knocked this up.

comparison.jpg

• Johan Sälgström

For me it went alot better than yesterday, a few major accidents (finished 90% of the last stage in first gear, not that fun) but overall it went really well and I felt that I could push quite a bit.
Thank you, see you next week. :)

• Andrew Evans

times posted on behalf of bert:

berttime.png

results will be out in the next 30 or so.... :wink:

• Andrew Evans

for me; started out pathetically... but was really starting to feel it after about halfway.... NEED MOAR STAGES! hehehehe....

thought i won ss12, as i mentioned, only to have my sweetdream crushed when all the sessions were brought together :heh:

quality funs.... cheers to all.... :kiss:

• Andrew Evans

Turmuc! We havn't done the French stages in a while :)

tarmac should be nice as well

hehehe, well there's some tarmac next week... there's some the week after... but there'll be no full blown tarmac event for about a month...

am cooking up something fiendish (hopefully) to follow the burns & mcrae memorial rally in oct and i'll look to make that a festivaaaaal of tarmac.... :wink:

here are the surface stats breakdown since the club inception up to and including next week... (this one's for the spods)

rbrstagestats.png

Grats to Mark and Johan, and special kudos to Glenn for his first podium, great to see an Aussie coming good in the snow. You have no idea how much pressure we put on him last night via TS, but he just wouln't crack. :aus:

Keep mixing things up as you have been Andrew, it is always great to hop in on the night and see what sinister journey awaits us.

Well done to mark and johan. You guys in your italian rockets were too quick for the rest of us. Personally, i've had to retire the lada, as the usual rust issues resurfaced in a much more accelerated fashion due to the snow. The last jump i did, i had to pull over and tape the chassis back together with marking tape. :-D

I would like to thank Warren, Wedge and Andrew for the threat of having my citizenship taken away be being deported to a lonely island. Lol. That was great!
Seriously though, i dont think there is a stage run where TS doesn't erupt into laughter with these blokes. So much fun!

Thanks Mr Evans for running the show. If only the renault f1 team were run with this kinda excitement and vigour!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%