Thursday 10th September 2009 - Rally Heaven & Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Bert Van Waes

Hi Aaron, nice to meet you mate, and welcome on the rally train!! woot woot!! :D

• Jason Halaby

Welcome aboard Aaron!! Glad to have more drivers in the US session finally!:good:

Jason Halaby (jasonhalaby) US start please!

• Jason Halaby

Would it be possible to make the US time slightly earlier? If that's ok with JAson of course.....

Hey Ryan, I would love to have you in the US session too, but unfortunately this is the earliest time I can get home, get some food in my mouth, and get my driving wheel plugged in :) any earlier and I would miss the race.

• Jason Halaby

Sign me up for the US session please (DJones).
I have a half day on Thurs so I can go rallying :good: (provided my timezone calculations are correct!)

Yaaayyyy Damien!!
Hurray for more US session drivers! so far it's a record number at 3 signups this week!

Can't wait to race with you guys! :laugh2:

• Aaron Cloutier

Thanks guys!

I'm looking forward to the race and only hope I don't fall asleep on the night stages, what with it being so late where I am. :)

I've been testing out the cars since I'm not particularly familiar with the S2000 range. I'm leaning towards the Saxo which I've been feeling fast in though I find it will get away from me if I back off at all. Possibly not the best car for my first drive in the league. The Swift is a safer choice... We'll see how adventurous I'm feeling.

Yeah, I reckon I'll be taking the 'safe' option; had a quick blast around last night and found my driving in the Saxo to be a bit messy. Plus, if you roll the Swift, you're more likely to keep rolling and end up back on the wheels again!

oops i'm very sorry but i have to give up for this event :( , i am stupid because i have confused "tuesday" and "thursday" (i just understanded it when i have seen the RSRBR public session list today, the server don't appeared). Indeed i participate to the STC this thursday.

Very sorry again, it isn't my habit to give up at an event. It's a pity because i love the gravel, but the STC is an important league for me.

• Aaron Cloutier

I have a couple questions:

For those with the option to do manual H-shifting (like with the G25), do you typically use it for the rallies here or do you just use the sequential shifters (paddle)?

Jason, should we get on TeamSpeak for the rally? I haven't used it before but I'm willing to give it a try.

• Bert Van Waes

Aaron, i use paddles with the G25, because my hands otherwise wouldn't be able to follow my actins behind the wheel.

I have been using paddles for gear changes and the shifter (in sequential mode) for the handbrake, since that feels realistic.
However, I have tried the shifter in H Pattern for gear changes and I quite liked it. I am going to spend some time with the H Pattern and see if I can get used to it. That means I have to use a button (or paddles) for the handbrake which won't seem realistic though. Either way is a compromise.

• Aaron Cloutier

Yeah, I'm basically set up the same way when I'm racing WRC cars but I like to go back to the stick shift when racing PWRC or S1600. I assume the S2000 cars are also standard (vs sequential) but I'm not sure.

Before I upgraded my machine I had an old joystick modified as an analog e-brake.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Oj-IEpLqjjJlf9zDNj2q4w?feat=directlink

My new setup doesn't have a gameport and I haven't gotten around to buying a gameport to USB adapter. It never felt quite right so I've been trying to come up with a better solution before I invest anymore money.

• Jason Halaby

Jason, should we get on TeamSpeak for the rally? I haven't used it before but I'm willing to give it a try.

Aaron, Yes, let's do TS. I will probably mute/silence while driving to concentrate, but we can chat between stages.
Looking forward!

• Aaron Cloutier

Could someone PM me a screenshot of the setup for teamspeak here? I messed with and looked at the forum and the setup page but it just refuses to work. I know this isn't really the right place but since you guys are the people I'm trying to talk to ... :)

• Jason Halaby

^^^Aaron, check your PM, I sent you some setup steps that were helpful to me.

• Andrew Evans

just whacking up the sessions now... which reminded me to remind the US racers this: remember you're now the first session from this week!

(just in case you hadn't seen it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back