Thruxton

Tracks Thruxton 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
James Skinner submitted a new resource:

Thruxton - The UK's fastest circuit comes to Assetto Corsa...

View attachment 92212
Release Notes 0.8b 09/05/15

To coincide with this weekend's BTCC meet at Thruxton, I am very pleased to finally present the first public beta of my scratch made Thruxton circuit. Although fairly polished please remember it is still a work in progress and there may be areas that are in need of improvement, or as yet undiscovered issues. The track surface / elevation itself is pretty much final – I have worked closely with...

Read more about this resource...

Small bug in our club race tonight, laps were not counted on a few occasions, the laptime kept running after crossing the s/f-line. Not sure what caused it, might have been pitstops.

Hi all,
Regarding the above it looks like whilst making a pitstop it's possible to miss the start/finish marker and therefore not register a completed lap. Stupid mistake on my part which is now fixed for next release! In the meantime it should be possible to avoid this bug by keeping left off the concrete apron whilst exiting the pits. I have a couple of other things to fix as well but I'll try to roll this out asap.

J

Hi James,

only discovered your beautifully crafted track 2 days ago, and I'm really amazed.
Thanks so much!
Since you already seem to have fixed the finish line bug, could you just push whatever you have.
Would be really great.
So much fun driving on your track, and it looks just lovely!

James Skinner updated Thruxton with a new update entry:

Thruxton 1.0

Sorry this has taken so long!

Fixed start-finish timing gate issues where it was possible to not register a lap in pits if too far to one side.

Fixed sector 1 and 2 timing gates where it was possible to not register a lap if off track.

Removed black flag penalty for 4 wheels out on exit of Club Chicane – start finish line was too close to slow down and black flag was too harsh.

Adjusted penalty for cutting track at Club chicane to just 2 secs as it’s easy to be pushed off here.

Fixed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Was just racing here this morning with the old version and Fordman's updated Ginetta GT4. Glad to see you're still around, and thanks for the update!

There is 3d grass but only on max world detail setting (in fact I added a lot more 3d grass in the infield than the previous version had, video above is the beta version which only had short 3d grass around the track edges), or are you referring to the implementation?
Grass could use a little love in my opinion. If you need help with it let me know.

Grass could use a little love in my opinion. If you need help with it let me know.
Thanks for the offer - love your work on Bridgehampton and Riverside. It was a long time ago now that I did the grass and it took a long while to get it to 'blend' but I was never 100% happy with it - it looks a bit dodgy under certain replay angles / conditions although mostly ok while driving - I think the main issue was I only had a rubbish texture map but never found time to fix it as I hardly ever have time for sim related stuff these days. Perhaps PM me with any tips - would be much appreciated!

Grass.......GRASS :roflmao::roflmao: No offence, but why is everybody so fascinated with 3d grass, surly you should be concentrating on the cars around you, the tarmac in front, your braking zones....not the environment, this is not Green Peace :whistling::D

Simplzt: without 3d gras it looks like rfactor :p

Anyhow, running High World Detail I think, not Max.
Need check that out then but I don't think any other track is setup like that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%